IGNORED

Jamie Cooper

RedTop

Fantastic Pete. Well done.

Here is a link to a piece I have written about what us City fans are doing for Jamie and why. It explains exactly what he has been through and why he deserves his day.

http://www.bristolcityst.org.uk/trust_news...cle000280.shtml

Brian, that report IS without doubt the best ive ever seen wrote on here, and is quite emotional.

That was from the heart mate, be very very proud of what you have said.

Well done and see you saturday........Arn

£15 (less paypals cut) added to fund and bid on the bean bag!

Good Luck Jamie, for now, for the future and your big day out in Cardiff.

I'm red through and through, but I will be rooting for you and your team on the big day.

your story makes my disappointment at missing out pale to nothing.

Can I just add that for those who can, sending cheques or giving direct to me or Cheshire Red is preferable because using Paypal incurs a fee which eats into the money raised slightly, whereas it costs me nothing to bank cheques and cash into my account and then write out a cheque for the total.

Sorry Mr Top, didnt see this before and sent my donation via Paypal.

As I have said on the other thread, really hope he enjoys his day out and well done for sorting this out. :fingerscrossed:

OK, so it appears that there are plenty of people who would like to donate a few quid for Jamie Cooper to enjoy his big day out and no way of doing it, so I will collect the money myself and then arrange for it to go to Jamie and his family in good time for the big day as a gesture from Bristol City fans to a very brave man who just happens to support our arch rivals.

I have not done this before and will gladly hand it over to someone more 'official' if they wish, but in their absence someone has to take the lead if us fans want to get this done in our name, as time is pressing on.

So here's how I will do it on behalf of all of us:

1. Those of you who wish to donate, please PM me as soon as possible and I will reply with my home address for you to send cheques to. This would be the easiest way for me to handle things, to be honest.

2. I am unlikely to be at Chesterfield away, however I will be at Ashton Gate on Saturday for the Brentford home game. I WILL STAND DIRECTLY OUTSIDE THE RED AND WHITE BAR BETWEEN 2pm AND 2.50pm (provided the club gives permission) TO COLLECT MONEY FROM THOSE OF YOU WHO WOULD RATHER HAND OVER CASH IN PERSON. You will easily be able to distinguish me as I will be the only saddo wearing a yellow North Face walking jacket! I do not intend to rattle a tin or a bucket or anything. I will simply be there to take donations from those of you who know about this and wish to hand over the money. If any of you would like my mobile number in order to check where I am going to be and make sure you hand it to the right person (or to offer your help!) then please PM me and I will provide it. I will also be in my usual seat in the Dolman (Block E, Row M, Seat 6) if you sit in that stand and want to give me the money at half time.

I will record the amount donated by each individual in order to show that I have handed over the full amount and not pocketed any! This record will be available to anyone who asks to see it. I will post on this forum how much has been raised and what it will be going towards after liaising (hopefully) with Jamie's family and the Post.

I have no idea whether we will raise enough for a bottle of bubbly for him to enjoy at the game, or for his family to go in a limo, but I am sure that whatever gesture we as City fans can make would be a credit to our club and would be appreciated by Jamie and his family. I will try and liaise with the Evening Post to make sure we get him something fitting for the occasion, as someone said they are already sorting the day out for him.

Anyone who might be able to help by collecting money from people at Chesterfield, or who wants to get their donation to me in another way, or has any ideas that might help, please PM me.

I now need to find Jamie's family. If anyone has any idea how I can reach them, please let me know by PM. Will those of you who have pledged donations now please PM me for my home details so that we can get this rolling.

All the best,

Brian Flynn

brian great mate and as yeovil town supporter you are as stated a great credit to your club i work in avonmouth and with a city season ticket holder tomorrow i will give him a donation to hand over to you on saturday once again well done to all at city.

Thanks to all of you who have helped so far.

I told you I would keep you all updated and I will give you an update on the money raised so far tomorrow after checking the post for cheques, checking how much has come in by Paypal with Jay and also how much was raised at Chesterfield with Cheshire Red. Hopefully people were feeling generous given the score.

The latest is this:

Having liaised with everyone involved, including Jamie's family, we need to raise a total of around £1,300 in order to give him the ultimate send off. It sounds like a lot, but if we all work together and speak to all our City-supporting mates etc and tell them exactly what it is for, I believe we can do this. It would be an enormous credit to City fans and give Jamie a day he will never forget. It would also send the message to Bristol and the wider public that us football fans can be a positive force, not just the negative one we are ofetn portrayed as.

In order to show this, I have been speaking to the Evening Post. They should be doing a piece on what us City fans are doing in tomorrow's paper. With that in mind, I've left it up to them to unveil exactly what our money will go on if we can make the total. Hopefully it will inspire us all to dig deep and find what it takes.

Please, please, please let's all pull together and make it happen.

Thanks to all of you who have helped so far.

I told you I would keep you all updated and I will give you an update on the money raised so far tomorrow after checking the post for cheques, checking how much has come in by Paypal with Jay and also how much was raised at Chesterfield with Cheshire Red. Hopefully people were feeling generous given the score.

The latest is this:

Having liaised with everyone involved, including Jamie's family, we need to raise a total of around £1,300 in order to give him the ultimate send off. It sounds like a lot, but if we all work together and speak to all our City-supporting mates etc and tell them exactly what it is for, I believe we can do this. It would be an enormous credit to City fans and give Jamie a day he will never forget. It would also send the message to Bristol and the wider public that us football fans can be a positive force, not just the negative one we are ofetn portrayed as.

In order to show this, I have been speaking to the Evening Post. They should be doing a piece on what us City fans are doing in tomorrow's paper. With that in mind, I've left it up to them to unveil exactly what our money will go on if we can make the total. Hopefully it will inspire us all to dig deep and find what it takes.

go go go city get promotion,youve absolutely amazed me with your words and most importantly your actions..Arn has summed it up what you have written..

Please, please, please let's all pull together and make it happen.

When is the latest you will take donations?

That depends on the helicopter company. I am speaking to the boss this afternoon to finalise the details, the precise cost and when the money has to be paid. As soon as I know that I will post the details on here.

Well done you guys so far.

RedTop, I'll be there on Saturday with my little contribution.

To anyone reading this who hasn't pledged to give anything.....just have a little think about putting something into the pot. It's something positive and will make this lad's day very special.

To those who have given and to those who will be giving.....take a pat on the back.

A great advert for Bristol Football.

Here is the latest update on the Jamie Cooper fund. As you will have seen, we need to raise at least £1,300 to send Jamie and his family to the game in style by helicopter.

As of 9am this morning, we had raised £635 towards that total in four days.

This consists of:

£260 in cheques sent to me

£125 raised at Chesterfield (Thanks again, Cheshire Red!)

£250 to Paypal (after payment deductions) (Thanks, Supporters Trust!)

On top of that, Potbelly's giant beanbags is up to £82 on eBay (still a bargain, so bid if you can!)

Since then, there has been more donated via Paypal (but not sure how much yet) so the total will be higher by the end of today, but TOMORROW IS THE MOST CRUCIAL DAY.

Please, if you are intending to donate at the match, don't be tempted by the extra pint in the pub or leave it too late to find me! Seek me out outside the Red and White Bar (in my trademark trainspotter yellow North Face walking jacket!) and hand over your contribution. There will be an announcement and collection inside the Red and White Bar at around 1.45pm. Jay and DollieMarie will also be helping out. In addition, ask pals and the people you know at work if you think they would be interested in the cause, collect their money and bring it to me.

If you want to donate and aren't sure how - or if you WERE tempted by that extra pint and want to donate immediately after the game - just PM me and I will arrange it. We need all the money we can get if we are to raise the amount and give Jamie the day we all believe he deserves.

Cheers,

Brian

Here is the latest update on the Jamie Cooper fund. As you will have seen, we need to raise at least £1,300 to send Jamie and his family to the game in style by helicopter.

As of 9am this morning, we had raised £635 towards that total in four days.

This consists of:

£260 in cheques sent to me

£125 raised at Chesterfield (Thanks again, Cheshire Red!)

£250 to Paypal (after payment deductions) (Thanks, Supporters Trust!)

On top of that, Potbelly's giant beanbags is up to £82 on eBay (still a bargain, so bid if you can!)

Since then, there has been more donated via Paypal (but not sure how much yet) so the total will be higher by the end of today, but TOMORROW IS THE MOST CRUCIAL DAY.

Please, if you are intending to donate at the match, don't be tempted by the extra pint in the pub or leave it too late to find me! Seek me out outside the Red and White Bar (in my trademark trainspotter yellow North Face walking jacket!) and hand over your contribution. There will be an announcement and collection inside the Red and White Bar at around 1.45pm. Jay and DollieMarie will also be helping out. In addition, ask pals and the people you know at work if you think they would be interested in the cause, collect their money and bring it to me.

If you want to donate and aren't sure how - or if you WERE tempted by that extra pint and want to donate immediately after the game - just PM me and I will arrange it. We need all the money we can get if we are to raise the amount and give Jamie the day we all believe he deserves.

Cheers,

Brian

will there be people anywhere else as I cant get in the red and white bar as I'm not a member.

SATURDAY'S DONATIONS

PLEASE HAND YOUR DONATIONS, CASH OR CHEQUES, TO BRIAN (REDTOP) WHO WILL BE COLLECTING OUTSIDE THE RED AND WHITE BAR BETWEEN 2PM AND 2.50PM.

HE WILL BE WEARING A BRIGHT YELLOW "NORTH FACE" WALKING JACKET.

ANYONE WHO FAILS TO FIND HIM OR WHO WOULD LIKE TO MAKE A DONATION AFTER THE GAME...JUST 'PM' HIM ON HERE AND HE WILL GIVE YOU DETAILS OF HOW YOU CAN MAKE YOUR DONATION.

THE HALF-WAY POINT HAS BEEN REACHED......LET'S SHOW EVERYONE THAT WE CAN REACH £1300 IN LESS THAN A WEEK.

JamieCooper.jpg

LOCAL HERO : JAMIE COOPER

"IT WASN'T the bomb that blew him up in Basra which came closest to killing Jamie Cooper, the youngest British soldier to be badly wounded in Iraq.

It wasn't even the 12-hour flight back to Britain with his terrible injuries. What brought Jamie to the point of death was catching the MRSA super-bug in hospital. Not once, but twice.

Jamie's case is not the first one of disgraceful treatment of a wounded soldier. Far from it. Sir Richard Dannatt, the head of the Army, and other leading officers have spoken out and the Sunday Mirror has highlighted other examples.

Part of the problem comes from the closure of almost all military hospitals, leading to badly-injured soldiers, with their special needs, having to be treated on ordinary wards. That happened to Jamie at Selly Oak hospital in Birmingham. But it does not explain the appalling things which also went on.

One night he was left lying in his own faeces. He was covered in bed sores which became infected.

And, most terrible of all, he contracted MRSA, fought it off and then got it again. The scandalous super-bug epidemic affects thousands of other patients, all of whom are entitled to be treated in a clean hospital environment.

But for a young soldier, serving his country and suffering horrible injuries, to suffer as Jamie did shames the whole nation."

SATURDAY'S DONATIONS

PLEASE HAND YOUR DONATIONS, CASH OR CHEQUES, TO BRIAN (REDTOP) WHO WILL BE COLLECTING OUTSIDE THE RED AND WHITE BAR BETWEEN 2PM AND 2.50PM.

HE WILL BE WEARING A BRIGHT YELLOW "NORTH FACE" WALKING JACKET.

ANYONE WHO FAILS TO FIND HIM OR WHO WOULD LIKE TO MAKE A DONATION AFTER THE GAME...JUST 'PM' HIM ON HERE AND HE WILL GIVE YOU DETAILS OF HOW YOU CAN MAKE YOUR DONATION.

THE HALF-WAY POINT HAS BEEN REACHED......LET'S SHOW EVERYONE THAT WE CAN REACH £1300 IN LESS THAN A WEEK.

LOCAL HERO : JAMIE COOPER

Good on you RLL..........Arn

will there be people anywhere else as I cant get in the red and white bar as I'm not a member.

Just to stress, I will be outside the Red and White Bar between 2pm and 2.50pm because I am well aware that many people are not members. Thanks for asking.

Archived