IGNORED

Jamie Cooper details

Jay

Here is a link to a piece written by Brian (RedTop) about what us City fans are doing for Jamie and why. It explains exactly what he has been through and why he deserves his day.

http://www.bristolcityst.org.uk/trust_news...cle000280.shtml

If you wish to donate, please use the contact details provided in this article or buy clicking the 'donate' button at the top of the main otib menu.

Thanks.

Here is a link to a piece written by Brian (RedTop) about what us City fans are doing for Jamie and why. It explains exactly what he has been through and why he deserves his day.

http://www.bristolcityst.org.uk/trust_news...cle000280.shtml

If you wish to donate, please use the contact details provided in this article or buy clicking the 'donate' button at the top of the main otib menu.

Thanks.

You looked quite cool on BBC Points West tonight. :icecream:

Eye sight failing you?!

Pity Arny or RedTop weren't around to do it but there ya go.

Keep the pennies rolling in folks :)

Hi mucker, just in from birthday thingy..... :noexpression:

You done well pal, and ALL are a credit to the effort the lads/lasses in RED, are making.

This aint nothing about me (Arny) or Brian (Redtop).......this is all about JAMIE....this young lad who put his life on the line fighting in a s h i t e h o l e of a country for OUR cause.

When i read in the paper a few weeks back about this lad, it really did drive home to me what life is all about.

He wanted a simple day out in Cardiff following his beloved Bristol Rovers, yet had fought in a bloody awful war for our country!

The lad nearly lost his life for the cause.

Red or Blue, if that don't drive a deep nail into your heart , you really have a problem.

So, why should a simple thing like that not be sorted out?

I started a thread, and knew decent people would react to it.......

Even better, by the RED side of Bristol!!!!!!!!!

So, with massive help from lads like Redtop, who may i say to all that read this, he has been outstanding, and has made a massive effort to make things happen.

So now its down to all of us, to prove what decent, superb fans of our club we are, to show in times of a true real life situation, can all just give a little, to make sure a HERO, enjoys a day out on us......

And, we will do it, trust me......Arn

Hi mucker, just in from birthday thingy..... :noexpression:

You done well pal, and ALL are a credit to the effort the lads/lasses in RED, are making.

This aint nothing about me (Arny) or Brian (Redtop).......this is all about JAMIE....this young lad who put his life on the line fighting in a s h i t e h o l e of a country for OUR cause.

When i read in the paper a few weeks back about this lad, it really did drive home to me what life is all about.

He wanted a simple day out in Cardiff following his beloved Bristol Rovers, yet had fought in a bloody awful war for our country!

The lad nearly lost his life for the cause.

Red or Blue, if that don't drive a deep nail into your heart , you really have a problem.

So, why should a simple thing like that not be sorted out?

I started a thread, and knew decent people would react to it.......

Even better, by the RED side of Bristol!!!!!!!!!

So, with massive help from lads like Redtop, who may i say to all that read this, he has been outstanding, and has made a massive effort to make things happen.

So now its down to all of us, to prove what decent, superb fans of our club we are, to show in times of a true real life situation, can all just give a little, to make sure a HERO, enjoys a day out on us......

And, we will do it, trust me......Arn

I agree there Arn.... It's all about Human beings doing what Human beings should do....ie: Help others in need.

He's one of us.....He's a football supporter (albeit Blue) and a bloody brave one at that.

Well done to EVERYONE who has helped to get this campaign sorted.

RRL

Redtop - may I be the first of many just to say a massive thanks to you for all of your hard work, time and effort you've put into this. You are a credit to this football club as a supporter and I honeslty belleive that you've done more in connecting the blue and red of the city than anybody else has and all in all its for a great cause.

Brian, yer a legend, I'm seriously proud myself of the effort put in by all.

Well done City fans, and Jamie is going to have the best day ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moving on, lets get that win on tues and move very close to our place in the Championship..........Arn

Arn, It's a very good time to be a City Supporter right now....Ok so we got beat by the Gas (fair play to them but look at their league position) but we are looking like we could be in the Championship next season. Then to see this campaign for Jamie suddenly take off and explode into the media in the way that it did, has made the defeat against Rovers much easier to forget. Everyone who has been involved in this, the people collecting, the clubs, the people reporting, the fans sending their best wishes and most of all...EVERY SINGLE PERSON (from both clubs) who made the effort to donate some money, be it pennies or pounds, deserve a lot of credit for making this lad's day a very special one that he and his family will never forget.

A job well done I think.

:clapping:

Arn, It's a very good time to be a City Supporter right now....Ok so we got beat by the Gas (fair play to them but look at their league position) but we are looking like we could be in the Championship next season. Then to see this campaign for Jamie suddenly take off and explode into the media in the way that it did, has made the defeat against Rovers much easier to forget. Everyone who has been involved in this, the people collecting, the clubs, the people reporting, the fans sending their best wishes and most of all...EVERY SINGLE PERSON (from both clubs) who made the effort to donate some money, be it pennies or pounds, deserve a lot of credit for making this lad's day a very special one that he and his family will never forget.

A job well done I think.

:clapping:

Could,nt put it any better mucker..

Have just logged on this morning and seen the total raised. SPEECHLESS!

A HUGE thanks to all the City fans who have made the effort to bring the two clubs together for this cause, and also credit to other clubs who have made contributions.

Football is so often tarnished by a few, this effort deserves national publicity to let people know what decent football fans are really like. My faith in human nature has been restored! :wub:

£1,300 + VAT is surely £1,527.50 not £1,650.00 or is my brain addled.

Anyways well done to everyone. Excellent, just shows what can be done when the mindset is there.

Sorry, Cheshire Red, you are indeed right! I'd done a rough calculation in my head and added on a few additional things at the start that knew we weould need to pay for to make it work, like transportation to the ground from the helipad etc, and the figure stuck as the overall amount I was aiming for to make it happen.

You'll be relieved to hear I was a tad more precise when counting the actual cash last night!

Anyway, great to see the response from other fans. One final plea for help:

CAN ANYONE HELP CHANGE THE COINS ETC INTO NOTES?

It's all sorted into different demoninations in freezer bags with notes inside saying how much is in each one, but I presume the banks will charge to change it. Any ideas from people who know more about this sort of thing than me?

• SC&T Board Members

It's all sorted into different demoninations in freezer bags with notes inside saying how much is in each one, but I presume the banks will charge to change it. Any ideas from people who know more about this sort of thing than me?

Any bank or post office will do that for free - as long as the coins are in plastic coin bags (also available from banks and post offices). The cash in each bag should be either £20 in £1 or £2 coins, £10 in 50p or 20p coins, £5 in 10p or 5p coins or £1 in 2p or 1p coins.

Sorry, Cheshire Red, you are indeed right! I'd done a rough calculation in my head and added on a few additional things at the start that knew we weould need to pay for to make it work, like transportation to the ground from the helipad etc, and the figure stuck as the overall amount I was aiming for to make it happen.

You'll be relieved to hear I was a tad more precise when counting the actual cash last night!

Anyway, great to see the response from other fans. One final plea for help:

Brian,

I am a trader and I have notes that I can exchange for your coins. I also have higher denomination coins such as £2's and £1's which I'll exchange for your coppers . Please feel free to PM me if you want my help.

RRL.

Can I take this chance to thank Bob the barman in the Supporters Club Bar for changing the first £700 we recieved from coins to notes. Made life so much easier yesterday and I think he was glad of the loose change.

Well done everyone!

Can I take this chance to thank Bob the barman in the Supporters Club Bar for changing the first £700 we recieved from coins to notes. Made life so much easier yesterday and I think he was glad of the loose change.

Well done everyone!

Well done Brian and all concerned. There's an article about Jamie's ordeal on pages 2 and 3 of today's Observer, a shorter version of which can be found here.

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/sto...rticle_continue

Congratulations to all, especially Redtop, for organising this. It's a fine gesture.

May I suggest the extra money is given to the Gas so they can buy a new forward? :dancing6:

PS You're right about the dodgy yellow coat and please keep the washer safe. I'll pick it up on Tuesday.

A fantastic achievement. Brings a different perspective to 'only one team in Bristol'.

Red Top - Is there any opportunity to invite Jamie and/or his family to Ashton Gate as a guest of the club. Appreciate he will not be there to cheer the team on, but would be a moving tribute at half time, and a chance for 12,000 Cider heads to do a once in a lifetime thing - cheer a gas head. Would be a wonderful moment, and a further great advert for this fantastic effort, and for football.

Congratulations to all, especially Redtop, for organising this. It's a fine gesture.

May I suggest the extra money is given to the Gas so they can buy a new forward? :dancing6:

PS You're right about the dodgy yellow coat and please keep the washer safe. I'll pick it up on Tuesday.

Yes please to a new forward!!

I would just like to say thanks so much city supporters for everything you have done, reading all the related topics brings a lump to my throat.

Thanks again, and best of luck for rest of the season ( I think you are going to do it this year)

A fantastic achievement. Brings a different perspective to 'only one team in Bristol'.

Red Top - Is there any opportunity to invite Jamie and/or his family to Ashton Gate as a guest of the club. Appreciate he will not be there to cheer the team on, but would be a moving tribute at half time, and a chance for 12,000 Cider heads to do a once in a lifetime thing - cheer a gas head. Would be a wonderful moment, and a further great advert for this fantastic effort, and for football.

That's a pretty good idea....I'm sure Jamie and his parents would like to thank everyone.

....plus they'd get to see a decent game of football in Bristol for a change.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will raise it with Jamie's family and see whether it is something they would like to do. I do know they would like to do something to thank those who gave.

All the best,

Brian

Archived