IGNORED

My Opinion On Yesterday

Robbored

Having avoided the forum untill now in order to let the anger and frustration die down a little I've some time to reflect on yesterdays game.

Firstly, I think the Aaron Brown detracters should think again.His presence was missed badly down the left side.There was no pace,Hill was getting exposed because he was trying to get forward.The whole team was unbalanced without him.

Secondly,Why did Wilson start with Peacock when Peacock has missed training in the week through' illness.Does Wilson rate him so highly that he thinks a semi-fit Peacock offeres more than a fully fit Miller? and what does that message say to Miller?

Thirdly,The midfield missed Docherty's combativeness and leadership qualities.There was no-one out there yesterday in charge to cajole and set an example.Burnell after being out of the frame for so long wasn't upto it.

Fourthly,the referee was an arse.

Fifthly, City were "entitled" to one bad performance and so I'm hoping this defeat will stir the squad up and they go to Trannie in the week and come back wiith all the points.Only then would yesterdays loss be incidental.

Sixthly,City were lucky with other results going their way.Only losing one point to Argyle and QPR and with Swindon losing the gap blow remains a decent one.

Lastly, I was impressed with Roberts who was a menace down the right and he looked City's most dangerous player.

Thats it! - sermon over...... :angry:

yes, good points - taking time to reflect and get over it really helps make for a more rational assessment of yesterday.

Weds night will show what this team/manager/squad are capable of - that was one sh!te performance to get over and will take some serious talking and planning to overcome on Weds and go into the game with any belief.

I reckon (hope) we can't possibly play that badly again and maybe there will be a few changes to shake things up, but whatever, we have got to come away with some points, can't afford another loss.

Archived