IGNORED

Set up to fail

DOLMANDAN

OK so we are playing Brentford FC at home and we the home fans have been given an opportunity to populate our rightfull place in the East end.Now no disrespect to Brentford but they are hardly the most well supported or aggresive that Ag is ever going to see.

My point is then why the presense of all the police.

Call me cynical but i think it was a ploy to evidence an increase in policing charges,plus why did the stewads even attempt to get us to sit down (yea right)because now they can say we asked them and they ignored us as i said set up to fail.By a person although a fan doesnt understand the tradition of the club. :bruce_h4h:

OK so we are playing Brentford FC at home and we the home fans have been given an opportunity to populate our rightfull place in the East end.Now no disrespect to Brentford but they are hardly the most well supported or aggresive that Ag is ever going to see.

Call me cynical but i think it was a ploy to evidence an increase in policing charges,plus why did the stewads even attempt to get us to sit down (yea right)because now they can say we asked them and they ignored us as i said set up to fail.By a person although a fan doesnt understand the tradition of the club. :bruce_h4h:

part of the deal of actually opening the east end to home fans is the police INSIST on their being a police pressence I believe,

Obviously, but in the real world it aint going to happen (although we did come close!)

SL MUST listen to the fans and work TOGETHER to make this club a success.........

Obviously, but want he wants to do, what he should do and what he can do are three different things.

Why do you think the club isn't a success?

I wasn't listening, I never do, what did he say?

Its not word for word but on explaining the alternatives for the £100 part of the draw.......

...` you can claim the cash or alternatively, a years membership to City2000 which, for reasons that`ll become apparent next week, you`ll not be able to get much longer`

so what does that suggest then?

You are joking ? yes. `cos i can`t be arsed to explain about the Chairman`s invite on Thursday night for the launch of a new initiative that`s been on threads here for the past two or three weeks with various scenarios bandied about but reading between the lines of that staement it s looking like a revamping/renaming/launching of a new city2000 scheme.....city2007 maybe..........original innit

PDG

But who doesn't understand the FANS of a football club, or what winds them up Drew.

It says in the programme today that he's missed 4 games all season. How many of us can claim that? I certainly can't.

I think that people who attend a lot of games are more likely to understand fans.

The club made a series of announcements over the tannoy to get people to sit down during the first half. These were totally ignored, and this is what the club will use, along with the policing costs (which were way way over the top) to ensure that the EE will never open again.

Its down to Avon and Somerset Constabularly.They insist on having their officers at AG if the EE is open because of the close proximity of the away fans - regardless of who the opposition is.The football club have no say in the matter.

It cost the club £5500 in police fees today - just to open the EE.

Some would say that money might have been better spent somwhere else.

Its down to Avon and Somerset Constabularly.They insist on having their officers at AG if the EE is open because of the close proximity of the away fans - regardless of who the opposition is.The football club have no say in the matter.

Where would you say the money should have been spent?

A whole £5,500..

Robbored, I very rarely post on this forum but read it a lot, as chairman of the supporters club you must have watched the City and given them a lot of your time for years and years? what i can't understand is, from the content and tone of your posts it appears that you are not keen for the east end to be opened, surley you can remember the good days of a proper atmosphere at football?? the fella's that are lobbying for it to be open and that went in there today are doing their best to vocally support the club, why do you keep making negative comments about it??

Or maybe the (estimated) 650 in the EE covered that expense?

Lots of the fans in EE were ST holders who swopped their tickets.Plus, if the EE had not been opened most of the 650 would have gone elsewhere in the ground.

The availabilty of the EE didn't add 650 to the attendence.

Robbored, I very rarely post on this forum but read it a lot, as chairman of the supporters club you must have watched the City and given them a lot of your time for years and years? what i can't understand is, from the content and tone of your posts it appears that you are not keen for the east end to be opened, surley you can remember the good days of a proper atmosphere at football?? the fella's that are lobbying for it to be open and that went in there today are doing their best to vocally support the club, why do you keep making negative comments about it??

:clapping: wonderfully put

Archived