IGNORED

Money grabbing ploy

tower crane red

:bruce_h4h: i over herd a conversation wanting or asking

to put up the BRONZE membership of bcsc by£5 to £10 next season to drink in the dolman bar next season.

yet another money making rip off of the true fans plan by bcfc.

there is only so much money the punters at this football club have to spend and to keep asking its supporters to keep stumping up yet more money is un-relistic by this club.

i must point out that the people i talked to from the supporters club were against it.

the dolman bar can hold 1000 people on a match day and so I'm informed 3000 members took up membership this season and it don't take a lot of working out how much in membership fee's the club takes.

the money that is tasken by the suporters club goes back into the football club via a donation.

so mr sexstone why the need for the rise which can be objected too by the bcsc . :city:

:bruce_h4h: i over herd a conversation wanting or asking

to put up the BRONZE membership of bcsc by£5 to £10 next season to drink in the dolman bar next season.

yet another money making rip off of the true fans plan by bcfc.

there is only so much money the punters at this football club have to spend and to keep asking its supporters to keep stumping up yet more money is un-relistic by this club.

i must point out that the people i talked to from the supporters club were against it.

the dolman bar can hold 1000 people on a match day and so I'm informed 3000 members took up membership this season and it don't take a lot of working out how much in membership fee's the club takes.

the money that is tasken by the suporters club goes back into the football club via a donation.

so mr sexstone why the need for the rise which can be objected too by the bcsc . :city:

If there are 3000 members and the bar holds only 1000, have people been stopped from going in?

we took out membership this year and to be honest have only used it a couple of times - the atmosphere is great in there but to pay for the right to buy over priced (watered down in the case of the worthy!) is disgraceful - don't know if we'll bother paying £5 let alone £10 next season!

The supporters club recieve the money not the club. It would be nice to know they have done something with the money for the fans. However i don't think they have i'll be happy if I'm wrong. The SC are in the process of arranging the end of season player of the year awards in conjunction with the Supporters Trust. However apart from that what else have they done for us the fans who have paid our £5 to get into the DEH. Queue Robbored.(I hope)

The supporters club recieve the money not the club. It would be nice to know they have done something with the money for the fans. However i don't think they have i'll be happy if I'm wrong. The SC are in the process of arranging the end of season player of the year awards in conjunction with the Supporters Trust. However apart from that what else have they done for us the fans who have paid our £5 to get into the DEH. Queue Robbored.(I hope)

however they pay all their profits straight to the club, think the word you looking for is "stealth tax"

If there are 3000 members and the bar holds only 1000, have people been stopped from going in?

No - the capacity of the DEH is 1200 on a matchday.The most we have had all season was around 1150.People come and go all the time and as far as I'm aware no-one has been turned away not even with the high attendence games against 'Boro and the Gas.

Nevertheless the bottom line is that a game is very high profile then its best to get there early to avoid disapointment.

This last season has been a transitional one for the SC. Overnight our membership went up almost 10 fold.We have been settling into the DEH having to deal with several 'teething problems' along the way.

We are planning within the next couple of home games to canvas the membership on what kind of events they would like us to put on next season.

So far we have had the suggestion of a Race Night, a Quiz night with decent prizes,the Wurzels amongst others.As with all events and as the Trust will tell you the interest and support of the fans is crucial.Thats why we plan to seek the views of our members.

I am a member myself and am constantly seeing people let in without membership cards, has anyone else seen this happen? I know it's 'Only a fiver' but it's the principle of the thing that get me. Why should i pay when others aren't?

I can say without a shadow of doubt; fans with the neck to just walk in can do it :innocent06:

• SC&T Board Members
All the revenue generated via membersship of the SC does indeed go to the SC. We also set the fees. As yet next seasons fees have not been decided.

So far this season we have donated £3k to Football in Community.

3000 x £5 = £15,000

What happened to the other £12,000?

As with all events and as the Trust will tell you the interest and support of the fans is crucial.Thats why we plan to seek the views of our members.

Agreed though I'd rather be a Trust member than a 'Club' member. I am a Bronze member of the SC for no other reason than I get access to the Dolman - something which I believe should be free to all fans & not be subject to membership. That said, I feel that the fans are being held over a barrel by HAVING to join to join the SC in order to access this area of the Club. The SC membership numbers may have jumped but for the right reason? Ok, so you could take the attitude that 'no-one is being forced to join or use the hall' but that's exactly why I feel people are being held to ransom here. Of course there are pubs in the local area but some people like to use the DEH for a number of reasons. It's overpriced as it is, do fans really need to pay a fee on top?

If the Dolman was free to fans (as it once was & should be), I'd cancel my membership with the SC as, to date, I fail to see what it is providing to fans.

Alan, you know me & I know you. My humble suggestion is to make very clear the purpose & intentions of the SC and also allow fans free entry to the Dolman rather than boost membership via false means. I'd also let people know how their £5 is being used & spent. It's a pity that the SC is governed by the Club as this would seem (to me) that whatever decision they make has to be adhered to whereas I believe some things are worth opposing & fighting for.

Up to you guys really, but if you want my view as a member, then now you have it.

Agreed though I'd rather be a Trust member than a 'Club' member. I am a Bronze member of the SC for no other reason than I get access to the Dolman - something which I believe should be free to all fans & not be subject to membership. That said, I feel that the fans are being held over a barrel by HAVING to join to join the SC in order to access this area of the Club. The SC membership numbers may have jumped but for the right reason? Ok, so you could take the attitude that 'no-one is being forced to join or use the hall' but that's exactly why I feel people are being held to ransom here. Of course there are pubs in the local area but some people like to use the DEH for a number of reasons. It's overpriced as it is, do fans really need to pay a fee on top?

If the Dolman was free to fans (as it once was & should be), I'd cancel my membership with the SC as, to date, I fail to see what it is providing to fans.

Alan, you know me & I know you. My humble suggestion is to make very clear the purpose & intentions of the SC and also allow fans free entry to the Dolman rather than boost membership via false means. I'd also let people know how their £5 is being used & spent. It's a pity that the SC is governed by the Club as this would seem (to me) that whatever decision they make has to be adhered to whereas I believe some things are worth opposing & fighting for.

Up to you guys really, but if you want my view as a member, then now you have it.

:chant6ez: access all areas to all City; ONE BRISTOL CITY

No - the capacity of the DEH is 1200 on a matchday.The most we have had all season was around 1150.People come and go all the time and as far as I'm aware no-one has been turned away not even with the high attendence games against 'Boro and the Gas.

Nevertheless the bottom line is that a game is very high profile then its best to get there early to avoid disapointment.

Where does all the money go from membership fees you have bribed out of people?

I am a member myself and am constantly seeing people let in without membership cards, has anyone else seen this happen? I know it's 'Only a fiver' but it's the principle of the thing that get me. Why should i pay when others aren't?

Thats news to me.

As you know door staff are employed to provide security and check all membership cards.From what your're saying they are not doing their job properly.

I'll look into it.

Thats news to me.

As you know door staff are employed to provide security and check all membership cards.From what your're saying they are not doing their job properly.

I'll look into it.

Come on Rob catch up,

Thats news to me.

I'll look into it.

Can't say I have seen people getting in without cards and I am always asked for mine when I approach the door.

In all honesty when I first heard about the £5 charge this season I wasn't particually pleased but paid it anyway because it's only a fiver, if the costs go UP then I might just go to the local pubs which only take a couple of extra minutes to get to the ground!

I agree with Jay that the SC need to clearly state what the membership money is used for or going to be used for. I have PM'd you in the past with little niggles about the bar (you may not remember about my concerns regarding the big screen being broken!)

I think the SC may need to "sell" the membership a bit more next season to retain everyone, as it seems some people (including me & mates) are reconsidering renewing.

Oh and sort the tv's out :innocent06:

:nono: my original post has had the name of the person who wanted the membership put up deleted.

mr s.board member.

as for people comming into the club with out membership,

full members are allowed to sign a guest into the sc with the knowledge of a member of the sc comitte i do believe,but not on big games. :goingup:

Very well put Jay.........

Thats news to me.

I'll look into it.

This is what Redtop said in his Jamie cooper post:

"I would also like to thank the club for the support they gave to us with tannoy announcements etc, with a special mention for the Red and White Club bouncers who suggested to anyone who'd forgotten their card that they might like to throw something in the bucket in order to get in".

Sorry to quote you Redtop but i needed to prove a point. I'm not a SC member yet it seems quite easy to get into the DEH....

Archived