IGNORED

GJ'S Final Block Of 10.

Rednready

Thankyou all for some very good reply's. Plenty of our better posters tuned in, and I will start with Madger. A great point that 16 is our worst result for 10 matches over the season. Without going back, that was probably early in the season.

Some predictions I found the results good but the goals scored highly optimistic. We have scored 0, 1, or 2 in most of our games this season, and we have won from the back, not the front.

The Brooker factor is a powerful figure in our final equation. Brooker fit and starting to find the net will give the rest of the team great impetus. That however is a fingers crossed situation, but it might just happen, he's signed to 2009, and has always expressed a major desire to play in a higher league.

The other dominant factor is the new blood, spirit and will to win. We have a strong blend of players who just hate to lose, you could sense that in the final minute against Brentford. City players to a man shielded their goal like a fortress, determined to save the day......magnificent defence after a long stretch of twice a week matches .

Finally the GJ/Millen factor, tactics, team and bench seem to be sorting themselves out, and their learning curve has been as instrumental as the players in respect of results that count. An air of optimism pervades the fans and the club, the bow is drawn, the arrow ready, bullseye ! :goingup:

On paper Forest do have an easy run in, but this is a side who have lost at home to Orient and at Brighton recently and whose defeat at home to Doncaster seems inexplicable if you see their results either side of that game (hammering at Oldham today, a defeat at Bournemouth).

Look beyond Yeovil's next two at home and they visit Oldham, S****horpe and us successively away, a decent points haul from that is unlikely, if they get it, they'll deserve to go up.

I make it we have lost 4 of our last 29 league games, we almost certainly won't win all our five home games left, but several of the away games are against sides who already look marooned in mid table to me (Gillingham, Crewe, Millwall), Doncaster is the week before the JPT and a couple more results like today and their ambitions will be dented, too.

I've been hurt too many times to take this for granted now, but the defensive solidity and the team spirit seems to be compensating for the lack of a cutting edge, to me.

I put a lot down to the Bradford game (probably shouldn't though).

With a 7 point advantage I can see professionalism seeing us through. if we drop points I can see us looking over our shoulder thinking we've shot ourselves in the foot.

Guest ashtonyate
If we don't get a new forward that's how I see it

QUOTE(Rednready @ Mar 11 2007, 7:59 AM) *

Bradford...H 1:0 X

Crewe......A 1:1

Doncaster.A 2:1

Forest.......H 1:1

Swansea...H 0:1

Gills..........A 0:1

Yeovil........H 0:1

Carlisle.....A 1:1

Millwall......A 2:0

Rotheram..H 2:0

The first time we played these team this season we managed : P10..W5..D2..L3..F11..A8..Pts17.

7 of these 10 teams are in the top 15 in the latest 6 game form guide.

The 5 teams we beat we only beat by one goal, our defence was the difference, as it has been all season.

I forcast in january, that 15 points may be all we could expect from our last 10. We have since signed Betsy, Wilson and Smith giving us some width. I still think 15-18 will be a good total from a tough final 10. Meaning 83-86, One win could be the difference.

What do you think for the countdown of 10...... Over to the forum.

Got that one wrong

On target. First 3 games in the final 10 gave us 6 points, giving us the average of two.

Most fans expected a better result against Bradford, but we did better than expected oop north against Crewe and Donny.

The final seven matches are a dead set lottery, five could go either way, with Forest being the most influencial result. Coming soon ! In any event, I feel Forest will need to win 5+ of their last 7 minimum, to overhaul us for a top two position. We now need only 4 wins from the final 7 for 86 points.

18 points from our last 10 games would give us 86 points and almost certainly be enough, That would mean Forest/Yeovil would have to win 8 out of their last 9. Although they are capable of doing this, They also have some tough games to go so it would be unlikely.

Its in our hands and I see no reason why we cant get enough points. We are 2nd over 36 games not by luck but because at this moment in time - We deserve to be there. The pressure is on Forest and yeovil now, They can ill afford any slip ups between now and the end of the season.

yeovil next 2 aways oldham s****horpe it is between us forest and s****horpe with forest as 3rd favourites win next week 6 more points will seal it :winner_third_h4h:

Archived