Doncaster.A

Forest.......H

Swansea...H

Gills..........A

Yeovil........H

Carlisle.....A

Millwall......A

Rotheram..H

The first time we played these team this season we managed : P10..W5..D2..L3..F11..A8..Pts17.

7 of these 10 teams are in the top 15 in the latest 6 game form guide.

The 5 teams we beat we only beat by one goal, our defence was the difference, as it has been all season.

I forcast in january, that 15 points may be all we could expect from our last 10. We have since signed Betsy, Wilson and Smith giving us some width. I still think 15-18 will be a good total from a tough final 10. Meaning 83-86, One win could be the difference.

What do you think for the countdown of 10...... Over to the forum.

Guest ashtonyate
Bradford...H 1:0

Crewe......A 1:1

Doncaster.A 2:1

Forest.......H 1:1

Swansea...H 0:1

Gills..........A 0:1

Yeovil........H 0:1

Carlisle.....A 1:1

Millwall......A 2:0

Rotheram..H 2:0

The first time we played these team this season we managed : P10..W5..D2..L3..F11..A8..Pts17.

7 of these 10 teams are in the top 15 in the latest 6 game form guide.

The 5 teams we beat we only beat by one goal, our defence was the difference, as it has been all season.

I forcast in january, that 15 points may be all we could expect from our last 10. We have since signed Betsy, Wilson and Smith giving us some width. I still think 15-18 will be a good total from a tough final 10. Meaning 83-86, One win could be the difference.

What do you think for the countdown of 10...... Over to the forum.

If we don't get a new forward that's how I see it

If we don't get a new forward that's how I see it

Thats 15 points, with an 83 points total I notice you give us 10 goals for 10 games, Last time we played these same teams we only scored 11 in 10 games, so yes we do have a problem finding the net. That may yet be the difference, I just think our magnificent defence will see us through.

18 points from our last 10 games would give us 86 points and almost certainly be enough, That would mean Forest/Yeovil would have to win 8 out of their last 9. Although they are capable of doing this, They also have some tough games to go so it would be unlikely.

Its in our hands and I see no reason why we cant get enough points. We are 2nd over 36 games not by luck but because at this moment in time - We deserve to be there. The pressure is on Forest and yeovil now, They can ill afford any slip ups between now and the end of the season.

18 points from our last 10 games would give us 86 points and almost certainly be enough, That would mean Forest/Yeovil would have to win 8 out of their last 9. Although they are capable of doing this, They also have some tough games to go so it would be unlikely.

Its in our hands and I see no reason why we cant get enough points. We are 2nd over 36 games not by luck but because at this moment in time - We deserve to be there. The pressure is on Forest and yeovil now, They can ill afford any slip ups between now and the end of the season.

Thats about on the money W5 D3 L2 = 18 points for an 86 point total, and thats home and hosed.

Teams behind us just have to win 2 games more, very difficult when we have a game in hand.

Championship just sounds nice.

Bradford...H Win

Crewe......A Draw

Doncaster.A Lose

Forest.......H Draw

Swansea...H Lose

Gills..........A Lose

Yeovil........H Draw

Carlisle.....A Draw

Millwall......A Lose

Rotheram..H Win

That's 10 points from 10 games.

No one is going to lie down and let us have 3 points.

Maybe an extra 3 points in the bag if we win at Crewe.

Then we'll still be relient on other results going our way..........

and just how hungry the City players are for Championship football,

and Gary J. motivating them!!.

:farmer:

by the way, the Forest faithful down my local are expecting us to go up automatically!!.

they are all hoping that by some small miricle, S****horpe slip up!!.

:sad26:

Then we'll still be relient on other results going our way..........

and just how hungry the City players are for Championship football,

and Gary J. motivating them!!.

:farmer:

by the way, the Forest faithful down my local are expecting us to go up automatically!!.

they are all hoping that by some small miricle, S****horpe slip up!!.

You may be right, however it would take a considerable drop in form for us to average 1 point a game in a block of 10, even our entire season is 36 games for 68points at 1.88 per game. That would give us around 86, and allowing for another loss , 83 at worst.

Consider this, we have been consistantly playing twice a week since Christmas. After Bradford we will be down to the old once a week game with a full and fit squad. They all want promotion, the bigger pay days and prestige, its enough for me to put some money on it.

Agree. 86 points will definately see us through. That's six wins out of ten or as in my prediction five wins, three draws and two lost games. If we make it 86 Forest can't reach us even with seven wins and two lost games. Yeovils task are harder. I predict them to get fourteen more points.

COME ON YOU REDS!!

Conservative prediction

Bradford...H WIN

Crewe......A DRAW

Doncaster.A DEFEAT

Forest.......H WIN

Swansea...H WIN

Gills..........A DRAW

Yeovil........H DRAW

Carlisle.....A DRAW

Millwall......A DEFEAT

Rotherham..H WIN

=16 points. Final total of 84

Optimistic prediction

Bradford...H WIN

Crewe......A WIN

Doncaster.A DRAW

Forest.......H WIN

Swansea...H WIN

Gills..........A WIN

Yeovil........H DRAW

Carlisle.....A DRAW

Millwall......A DEFEAT

Rotherham..H WIN

=21 points. Final total of 89

Either way ought to be enough.

• Admin

....but you expect us to in 4 of our remaining 10 games.

Remember this team is more resilient than in seasons past.

By the way, our last four defeats have come over 30 games (all comps) and 22 games (league).

Also, having had a quick scan over our results this season, the worst return possible to get from selectively choosing a run of 10 games to achieve a low return is 16 points. So match our worst form this season and we'll finish on 84 points.

....but you expect us to in 4 of our remaining 10 games.

Remember this team is more resilient than in seasons past.

By the way, our last four defeats have come over 30 games (all comps) and 22 games (league).

Also, having had a quick scan over our results this season, the worst return possible to get from selectively choosing a run of 10 games to achieve a low return is 16 points. So match our worst form this season and we'll finish on 84 points.

Good post.

Can't help not to get excited!

I may as well add my thoughts on this topic, which i'm sure we'll keep debating right until May!!

I believe we are in the best position we've been in since the last time we got promoted. We're the form team, 5 wins on the spin with just one goal conceded, and the 'big' games are all at home. It's looking good fella's, and if carey remains available (not suspended as usual!) it'll be our defence that will prove the difference. How i see it....

Bradford...H 2-0 Win

Crewe......A 1-1 Draw

Doncaster.A 2-0 Win

Forest.......H 0-1 Lose (this is city!)

Swansea...H 3-1 Win

Gills..........A 1-0 Win

Yeovil........H 0-0 Draw

Carlisle.....A 0-1 Lose

Millwall......A 3-2 Win

Rotherham..H 4-0 Win

That's not optimistic, it's realistic, one win, loss and draw from our toughest home games.

We'll beat Donny, they may rest players before their big game, and the rest will go to form.

What do you think then?! 20 points there, 2 a game, Champions?!

:city::pray: :goingup:

I'm so excited and yet bricking it at the same time. If we don't finish in the top 2, it will be because we've bottled it.

My biggest worry is Forests run in:

Gillingham (H)

Cheltenham (H)

Bristol City (A)

Millwall (A)

Rotherham (H)

Brentford (A)

Bournemouth (H)

Leyton Orient (A)

Crewe (H)

They really should win all their home matches and at least one of their away ones. You'd expect them to pick up around another 18-20 points from the 27 available which would give them 82-84 points. Yeovil probably wont reach this total because of the extremely tough run in that they have.

So 85 points should see us home imho and its what we should be aiming for.

Bradford (H) Win

Crewe (A) Win

Doncaster (A) Draw

Forest (H) Draw

Swansea (H) Lose

Gillingham (A) Lose

Yeovil (H) Win

Carlisle (A) Draw

Millwall (A) Draw

Rotherham (H) Win

This oughta do it.

And whatever happens people, remember this isnt going to be easy. We may drop points against sides fighting for their lives....we wont go unbeaten for the rest of the season. The joy of this league is that its unpredictable and anyone can beat anyone. We will suffer setbacks, so lets not moan or get on the plaers backs, just enjoy the ride and cheer City all the way to the championship!

We can do it!! :city: :goingup:

I reckon we'll get about 18 points from that lot, but the most important thing is to win the next 3 if possible. Opening a gap to Forest would make a massive psychological difference to both teams and while I'm sure Forest and Yeovil won't give up till it's over they might start to think more in terms of winning the playoffs than catching us...

I may as well add my thoughts on this topic, which i'm sure we'll keep debating right until May!!

I believe we are in the best position we've been in since the last time we got promoted. We're the form team, 5 wins on the spin with just one goal conceded, and the 'big' games are all at home. It's looking good fella's, and if carey remains available (not suspended as usual!) it'll be our defence that will prove the difference. How i see it....

Bradford...H 2-0 Win

Crewe......A 1-1 Draw

Doncaster.A 2-0 Win

Forest.......H 0-1 Lose (this is city!)

Swansea...H 3-1 Win

Gills..........A 1-0 Win

Yeovil........H 0-0 Draw

Carlisle.....A 0-1 Lose

Millwall......A 3-2 Win

Rotherham..H 4-0 Win

That's not optimistic, it's realistic, one win, loss and draw from our toughest home games.

We'll beat Donny, they may rest players before their big game, and the rest will go to form.

What do you think then?! 20 points there, 2 a game, Champions?!

:city::pray: :goingup:

Bradford...H 3-0 win

Crewe...A 2-1 win

Doncaster...A 2-0 win

Forest...H 2-2 draw

Swansea...H 2-1 win

Gillingham...A 2-1 win

Yeovil...H 3-2 win

Carlisle...A 1-1 draw

Millwall...A 3-1 win

Rotherham...H 4-2 win

I think that we can remain unbeaten in these games, will be tough though but if we play like we did at oldam then i can see no reason why we should'nt lose any of these. thats 26 points, hopefully s****horpe will drop points macking us champoins.

Win the remaining 5 home games and that will give City 83 points which should be enough to secure automatic promotion. Add another 5 points from the remaining 5 away games and hey-ho! City will be up......

If only football was that simple my friend!!

I believe tuesday night is HUGE!

If only football was that simple my friend!!

I believe tuesday night is HUGE!

All the remaining (unless City are up before the end of the season) are huge.City have 30 points to play for and will probably need 15 of them to get an automatic spot. I can't see City dropping 15 points in 10 games especially as the team is hitting some consistant form with 5 consequetive wins.

At the end of the day it is simple - points win prizes.

Now that is what I call an interesing take - things may mostly be pointing in the right direction but why do I still have this nagging doubt that if any club can cock it up from here, it's us?!

All the remaining (unless City are up before the end of the season) are huge.City have 30 points to play for and will probably need 15 of them to get an automatic spot. I can't see City dropping 15 points in 10 games especially as the team is hitting some consistant form with 5 consequetive wins.

At the end of the day it is simple - points win prizes.

I am aware that all the games are massive, however we will start to strongly believe it's our year if there is a 7 point gap to forest. I know Yeovil are 3rd, but i just can't see them keeping pace now that best has gone back to southampton.

I'll be there all the way, assuming the tickets for crewe haven't sold out!!!

has anyone got the link to the thing on the rivals site where you can predict the results and see where we will finish that way? Ive had a look and cant find it so its probably only me being stupid but anyhelp would be appreciated!!!

Ta,

We're on 68 Points with the game in hand against Bradford on Tuesday. If we win that - which we are very capable of doing at Home against a side whose away form is nothing short of appauling - we'll be on 71 Points. 3 behind Scunny and most importantly 7 infront of Yeovil and Forest.

You'd then hope that another 18 Points picked up in the last nine would hopefully - me being the optomisitic type - secure an automatic spot! Thats means we need to win two out of three of ours games. Then again if Forest or Yeovil don't pick up full points over the next five the gap may not widen if we aren't also on form but more improtantly shouldn't shorten either.

Everyone is focusing on Forest and Yeovil at Home but if we pick up close to maximum points in the other 7 games they may not be as important.

Main thing is we are ahead of Forest and Yeovil. They can't afford to drop any points. If we do the business things are looking good...

Bradford...H 2-0

Crewe......A 1-1

Doncaster.A 0-0

Forest.......H 1-0

Swansea...H 2-1

Gills..........A 1-1

Yeovil........H 0-0

Carlisle.....A 1-1

Millwall......A 2-1

Rotheram..H 2-0

that is my prediction and that would leave us with 17 points from the last 10 games and leaves us with 85 points

Every game will be tough and it's important we treat each one as a cup final. I think GJ has the right mentality instilled into the squad, I just hope we have some luck with fitness - we're due some surely?

On the last 10 games...

We should beat Bradford. Yeah, they're in a scrap but they're in a scrap because they're not very good.

I'm hoping that Gills, Carlisle, Millwall and Rotherham are all playing for nothing by the time we play them. I'd hope to get 9 or 10 points from them if that is the case and I don't think that's too unrealistic.

I'm not expecting much from Crewe or Donny away - a point from each would be great. Tough games oop t'north and Donny will be pushing for playoffs still then I think.

That makes 15 points and if I'm right it might mean that our season actually hinges on big home games with Forest, Yeovil and the Jacks.

If we can maintain our good run by beating Bradford, get through the two tough away games with draws and then put in a performance to beat Forest we will be running downhill for the remaining games. Big if though knowing City, but here's to hoping.

Archived