Police x 10 - 13.00 - 17.00 4hrs @ £15 p/h

Stewards x 5 13.00 - 17.00 4hrs @ £10 p/h

Turnstile Operator x 2 - 13.00 - 15.00 2hrs @ £6 p/h

Catering Staff x 3 13.00 - 16.30 3.5hrs @ 6 p/h

Police - £600

Stewards - £200

Turnstiles - £24

Catering - £63

This makes a grand total of - £887, where the hell is another £4000 odd quid spent then as i sure as hell don't know!

Police are charged at a heck of a lot more than that per hour but still the figures don't add up even so.

Ok triple it and it still only comes to around £2,500 for the police, and if they insist on being here as I'm told then why are we paying such over the top fee's for a service we don't need bar 3 games per season? Sounds like a licence to print money to me, The police are basically saying to the club were going to be there and your going to pay £££££££ for us.

I counted about 10 coppers in the EE, so it works out at £550 a copper. Not bad for less than half a days work.

Thats point number one.

Point number two - presumably at least some if not all of those policemen would have been on duty anyway.

Point number three - even if point number two is wrong, why the hell were extra police required anyway for a game like Brentford where there is never any trouble. A few stewards would do the trick, its not as though there are never any police around, there is always a police contingent lurking around the ground somewhere.

Point number four - why did the police feel the need to ocassionally form a line down the side of the City fans, staring straight at them. Very confrontational, given the EE was doing no more than singing, and totally inneccessary, IMO.

I counted about 10 coppers in the EE, so it works out at £550 a copper. Not bad for less than half a days work.

Thats point number one.

Point number two - presumably at least some if not all of those policemen would have been on duty anyway.

Point number three - even if point number two is wrong, why the hell were extra police required anyway for a game like Brentford where there is never any trouble. A few stewards would do the trick, its not as though there are never any police around, there is always a police contingent lurking around the ground somewhere.

Point number four - why did the police feel the need to ocassionally form a line down the side of the City fans, staring straight at them. Very confrontational, given the EE was doing no more than singing, and totally inneccessary, IMO.

Couldnt understand that myself Nick, the lads were just aving a good time as far as i could see.

Thats point number one.

Take it up with the A&S Constabularly.

A couple of seasons ago the costing was something like £50 per hour per copper.They'll be on duty for about 8 hours.Add to that the police horses and you have your £5500.

Take it up with the A&S Constabularly.

A couple of seasons ago the costing was something like £50 per hour per copper.They'll be on duty for about 8 hours.Add to that the police horses and you have your £5500.

Sorry I forgot about the horses in the East End.

Did they find a way of making a 2 hour football match last 8 hours as well?

:farmer:

Sorry I forgot about the horses in the East End.

Did they find a way of making a 2 hour football match last 8 hours as well?

:farmer:

Pipe down Nick.

Didn't you know that the horses in the East End trot into a wardrobe, stationed by the kiosk and have an 8 hour gallop around Narnia, whilst enjoying tea and biscuits with Aslan and the Ice Queen?

There was a non-league side (I forget who) this season that drew Millwall at home in the cup. The police told them that their ground wasn't suitable to host the match so they switched to Fratton Park. They were then landed with a £35K police bill for the match to go ahead. This at a stroke meant the match went from something that would financially ensure the clubs survival for a couple of years to something that was going to threaten their very existance.

Makes £5K for the East End look cheap.

8 hours?!

From ? to ?

Please explain, Alan?

This is all speculation of course but it might go something like this -

Report at the station 10am for briefing and organisation. 11.30am make way to ground for midday.At AG from then till 6-6.30pm.Back to station, debrief,do paperwork - finish at 8pm.

Just realised! that adds upto 10 hours.....

I don't know what the horses were doing there either.Maybe its part of the police protocols when they police footbll matches.I know one thing - it was a god job they had them at the Mem when the gas invaded the pitch.Their intervention prevented a full scale riot.

Pipe down Nick.

Didn't you know that the horses in the East End trot into a wardrobe, stationed by the kiosk and have an 8 hour gallop around Narnia, whilst enjoying tea and biscuits with Aslan and the Ice Queen?

:clapping:

Is he for real?

This is all speculation of course but it might go something like this -

Report at the station 10am for briefing and organisation. 11.30am make way to ground for midday.At AG from then till 6-6.30pm.Back to station, debrief,do paperwork - finish at 8pm.

One and a half hours of briefing and organisation at 10am. Of course.

Make a 10 minute journey last half an hour. I get it.

Arrive at midday in the knowledge that nobody will enter the East End (what they are specifically there for) until well gone 2. Very sensible.

Hang around AG until 6.30 when the EE (what they are specifically there for) was empty by 5. How diligent.

And all that paperwork to do back at the station! So many incidents to report! All those arrests! A copper's life aint an easy one is it?

I bet the A&S are really glad the voice of reason is here to put us straight.

One and a half hours of briefing and organisation at 10am. Of course.

Make a 10 minute journey last half an hour. I get it.

Arrive at midday in the knowledge that nobody will enter the East End (what they are specifically there for) until well gone 2. Very sensible.

Hang around AG until 6.30 when the EE (what they are specifically there for) was empty by 5. How diligent.

And all that paperwork to do back at the station! So many incidents to report! All those arrests! A copper's life aint an easy one is it?

I bet the A&S are really glad the voice of reason is here to put us straight.

Its only guess work, and mock all you like - but I'll bet my speculation isn't too far from how it works.Pity we don't have a real policeman on the forum to explain it.

Its only guess work, and mock all you like - but I'll bet my speculation isn't too far from how it works.Pity we don't have a real policeman on the forum to explain it.

Well IF you are correct the club should sue the A&S, after all, the police are there to prevent criminal activity, not perpetrate it.

No wonder they call it rip-off Britain, even the police are at it.

And the horses are just as bad, I mean, what are they doing attending briefing meetings and exactly why do they need to write their paperwork up back at the station? I've never seen a horse apprehend a villain.

And I still want to know where the horses were when all that trouble could have kicked off in the EE. Round the back having a fag? Don't they know the brand new 21st century modern Ashton Gate is a non-smoking environment now?

And just what did the police find so interesting about the fans in the EE that they felt the need to stare at them in a line periodically?

I think these questions need answers.

Where's the Goblin?

Bottom line chaps: it's a farce.

Probably not true and certainly not needed for category C games, which the majorety of ours are in this division.

I just hope that the light is beginning to be seen.

Lot's and lot's of very happy chappy's Saturday. Can we have a return to innocence? good, harmless fun? I know it's been banned in the modern day but is it that much to ask for...?

And people wonder why theres a lack of respect toward the police.... there the biggest load of con artists this countrys got.

I usually hate the saying as it usually comes from a good for nothing mother of 7 after her Bubba has been caught in a stolen nova but why don't they actually catch proper criminals instead of looking all hard at lads who are only having a sing song?

Archived