IGNORED

Oh Basso

TryAgain

I think we need the alternate song

'OH! Basso...NOOOOOOO BASSO!!!'

(give the loony Brazilian his due - he's more than balanced out for tonight in other games)

He makes more Howlers than the average keeper in my opinion, Why do people refer to his saves when hes dropped another clanger, hes a keeper its his job. He got away with it in the first half also.

Basso has been brilliant for us recently, and he certainly wasn't the only player who had an off day.

Stick with him, he's been our number one all year and must take credit for our league position like any other player.

I'd say Orr, and definitely the ineffective Betsy, were worse over all tonight.

Believe.

Basso has been brilliant for us recently, and he certainly wasn't the only player who had an off day.

Stick with him, he's been our number one all year and must take credit for our league position like any other player.

I'd say Orr, and definitely the ineffective Betsy, were worse over all tonight.

Believe.

Wilson was the worst. Meant to be a wing back but did NOTHING going forward. Looked lazy and had no passion at all.

Yes Basso made a big blunder for the third goal, didn't have much chance with the other two, neither would 99% of other goal keepers but face facts:- Had we scored half of the goals that we created we wouldn.t be having having this topic of conversation.

Jeavons should have had a hat trick, and the rest of them could't shoot their way out of an empty Bank.

We havn't got a decent striker on the books, people keep saying if we had a fully fit Brooker we wouldn't be talking like this, he doesn't score as regularly as a striker should, Jeavons has missed three times more than he has scored,Andy Smith hasn't scored a goal since he was a baby in nappies, Benyon is playing for Crawley need I say more.

Yes Basso made a mistake someone else somewher has made a bigger mistake by not getting some goalsorining strikers.

Guest ashtonyate
Can not really knock the bloke hes been great for us lately apart from last night,but he wasn't the worst player on the park.

I agree with that He made only one clanger the other two were not his fault there a lot more wrong at the Gate than Basso

Basso is a ticking time-bomb people. He makes a mistake nearly every game, it's just whether the opposition capitalise or not.

Last night he should've been aware of what was happening with the first. Everyone who's played football knew as soon as the ball dropped that the dipping volley was on the cards. Orr's closing down was non-existent but Basso should still have been on his line.

As for the third, well, that's one of the most ridiculous pieces of 'goalkeeping' I've ever seen!

The most annoying thing for me is that GJ saw the crowd shoot up nearly 2,000 from Saturday thus getting his wish for more fans to be at the Gate. If I didn't have a season ticket and went last night, I doubt I would come back and pay £15-£20 to watch that!

Guest ashtonyate
Basso is a ticking time-bomb people. He makes a mistake nearly every game, it's just whether the opposition capitalise or not.

Last night he should've been aware of what was happening with the first. Everyone who's played football knew as soon as the ball dropped that the dipping volley was on the cards. Orr's closing down was non-existent but Basso should still have been on his line.

As for the third, well, that's one of the most ridiculous pieces of 'goalkeeping' I've ever seen!

The most annoying thing for me is that GJ saw the crowd shoot up nearly 2,000 from Saturday thus getting his wish for more fans to be at the Gate. If I didn't have a season ticket and went last night, I doubt I would come back and pay £15-£20 to watch that!

Basso is not a ticking time bomb our time bomb is no forwards

Basso is not a ticking time bomb our time bomb is no forwards

Basso is a liability/ticking time bomb/clown/donkey/diabolical keeper/risk factor.

Can everyone who slated me on my 'Baso is a liabilty post please just apologise so I don't have to keep writing I told u so posts!!???

He makes more Howlers than the average keeper in my opinion, Why do people refer to his saves when hes dropped another clanger, hes a keeper its his job. He got away with it in the first half also.

When was the last time he made a 'howler' ?

Basso has been quality this season and it's just the nature of the business as a goalkeeper's mistake normally results in a goal unlike a out field player.

The game was lost last night long before Basso's mistake,no need to look for a scapegoat, I have no doubt he'll go to Crewe on Saturday and put in a good performance.

Basso has been quality this season and it's just the nature of the business as a goalkeeper's mistake normally results in a goal unlike a out field player.

The game was lost last night long before Basso's mistake,no need to look for a scapegoat, I have no doubt he'll go to Crewe on Saturday and put in a good performance.

Try saturday in the second half (pushed out a very soft shot to an attacker)but wasnt punished. People like you only notice his howlers if they result in a goal being conceded.

His kicking is rubbish too...he has to go!!

Guest ashtonyate
Try saturday in the second half (pushed out a very soft shot to an attacker)but wasnt punished. People like you only notice his howlers if they result in a goal being conceded.

His kicking has improved a 100% I think It harsh to have a go at him he does make mistates but the 10 players in front of him were making more you are just using him as a scape goat

His kicking has improved a 100% I think It harsh to have a go at him he does make mistates but the 10 players in front of him were making more you are just using him as a scape goat

Scapedonkey!

He makes fundamental errors which are very costly, Keepers are judged on reliability more than most, thats the nature of the position.

Maybe we should drop Jevons, or Betsy, or Showunmi, or McCombe or any other member of last nights team? Afterall, they all at one point either misplaced a pass, or failed to control a simple ball or generally failed to do something that is "their job". But of course not, you wouldn't drop a player for a single mistake, that just would be stupid.

So why should it be any different for a goalkeeper? So far you've highlighted a grand total of two mistakes in two games. Hardly an epidemic is it?

One mistake in a game and you're out? Yeah, that's a great message to send to our players...

Basso is a liability/ticking time bomb/clown/donkey/diabolical keeper/risk factor.

Can everyone who slated me on my 'Baso is a liabilty post please just apologise so I don't have to keep writing I told u so posts!!???

Eddie, I have no intention of apologising to you regarding your blinkered view.

It was guaranteed that you'd be on here saying "I told you so" as soon as you had a chance. It was in January that you posted saying Basso was a liability and you've had to wait this long for your chance. The posters who were claiming that GJ couldn't wait to play Weale are still waiting for their chance.

All goalkeepers at this level, and in fact even at the highest level, make mistakes occasionally, but you only wish to see those that Basso makes.

The fact is, despite what your opinion of Basso is, it is far outweighed by those who feel that he has saved far more games for us than he has lost.

Having watched all but two games this season, I have yet to see a 'keeper at this level who I would prefer to Basso.

P.S. Give my regards to Mrs. Phillips :whistle2:

Maybe we should drop Jevons, or Betsy, or Showunmi, or McCombe or any other member of last nights team? Afterall, they all at one point either misplaced a pass, or failed to control a simple ball or generally failed to do something that is "their job". But of course not, you wouldn't drop a player for a single mistake, that just would be stupid.

So why should it be any different for a goalkeeper? So far you've highlighted a grand total of two mistakes in two games. Hardly an epidemic is it?

One mistake in a game and you're out? Yeah, that's a great message to send to our players...

attacking play is trying to make something happen, so having a go at someone for trying something IS sending out the wrong message.

Defensive play is being dependable and making it hard for the attackers. Basso does neither as he frequently gifts chances on a plate.

He has dropped a number of clangers over the season, some have been punished(Crewe,Bournemouth,Boro,last night) some havent. He has dropped 3 massive ones in the last 2 games(1 was punished)

I know Johnson has to stick up for him for the sake of his confidence, I just pray we will be in the championship when he is released in the summer....

As I said, Basso makes a clanger or two every game but it just depends on whether the oppostion capitalise on it or not. Last night, Bradford did and the debate raises its head again. Were people asking the questions on Saturday when he dropped the ball at Scott Taylor's feet only for him to miss? Nearly another 2 points dropped there, but he got away with it.

On things for sure, IF we go up, Championship strikers will highlight his flaws even more than at this sh1tty level. Mark my words...

I agree his kicking has improved but surly as a "keeper" he should be able to kick. Weale is injured again so Basso has no competition. Betsy looked like he was out for a stroll in the park BUT we are still second and 4 points in front so lets look on the bright side!

attacking play is trying to make something happen, so having a go at someone for trying something IS sending out the wrong message.

Defensive play is being dependable and making it hard for the attackers. Basso does neither as he frequently gifts chances on a plate.

He has dropped a number of clangers over the season, some have been punished(Crewe,Bournemouth,Boro,last night) some havent. He has dropped 3 massive ones in the last 2 games(1 was punished)

I know Johnson has to stick up for him for the sake of his confidence, I just pray we will be in the championship when he is released in the summer....

And how many fantastic saves has he made in that time that many other keepers simply couldn't have got to? Every keeper makes mistakes, yes even Chris Weale and even....yes, you've guessed it.... Steve Phillips!

I don't think it's a co-incidence that you've been strangely silent recently in your criticism of Basso. Hiding away when he's doing well and then harshly criticising him the second he makes a mistake that costs us a goal certainly does your arguement no favours.

And how many fantastic saves has he made in that time that many other keepers simply couldn't have got to? Every keeper makes mistakes, yes even Chris Weale and even....yes, you've guessed it.... Steve Phillips!

I don't think it's a co-incidence that you've been strangely silent recently in your criticism of Basso. Hiding away when he's doing well and then harshly criticising him the second he makes a mistake that costs us a goal certainly does your arguement no favours.

Don't get sucked in by those 'hollywood' saves for the camera. He makes many more mistakes than any keeper I have ever seen.

Likewise there are people who only post about Basso after he has a good game, such as Brighton and Blackpool away(the Donkey felt at home I suspect) but are quiet after he has had one of his shockers...

Don't get sucked in by those 'hollywood' saves for the camera. He makes many more mistakes than any keeper I have ever seen.

Likewise there are people who only post about Basso after he has a good game, such as Brighton and Blackpool away(the Donkey felt at home I suspect) but are quiet after he has had one of his shockers...

I'm certainly not being 'sucked in' by anything. I've seem him make saves this year that I'm absolutely certain the majority of 'keepers in this league would have got nowhere near. No doubt he likes to make the simple saves look good but so what? As long as he actually makes them! Which he does the vast majority of the time.

Maybe you should consider channelling all this negative energy in to supporting the team GJ picks, you never know you may just enjoy it! :D

P.S. Betsy's rubbish. :innocent06:

Guest ashtonyate
I agree his kicking has improved but surly as a "keeper" he should be able to kick. Weale is injured again so Basso has no competition. Betsy looked like he was out for a stroll in the park BUT we are still second and 4 points in front so lets look on the bright side!

If Weale was fit I would sooner have Basso in the Onion Bag

All so all this we are 4 points clear is getting to sound like the engineer on the Titanic this ship will never sink

Basso is a fantastic goalkeeper and might make a few mistakes every now and then but he wasn't exactly helped by his defence last night they were awful (fontaine and orr especially) but he makes the most brilliant saves that keep us in a game nearly every match and i am sure we will get promotion if we keep basso between the posts and if we didnt have basso between the posts we could be about mid table at this stage of the season.

One area that definetly needs improving though is up front, enoch and jevons done ok but their is no real firepower up front we need to bring in a striker for next season or on loan now that has pace and will score goals because enoch and jevons are not the quickest strikers in the world and brooker is a waste of time always being injured so please Gary Johnson bring in a decent striker. :disapointed2se:

He made the one mistake. Admittedly it was a big mistake, but he had no chance with the other two goals. He's been great all season so I personally won't be jumping on the "Let's drop Basso, he's rubbish" bandwagon anytime soon...

He never made one mistake last night, he got punished for one mistake,

Archived