IGNORED

Mr Lansdown and the east end

Flaxbourton Red

It's an important statement which the anti-eastend-rent-a-mob have failed to take into consideration.

It also shows SL is probably nearer the east enders than his "paid advisors" and his walk up grumpy old men would prefer.

Personally i can't wait till he is walking around in front of the east end with GJ and the championship trophey

Why not?

SL help us help you.

I must agree with that last statement. I really think that if the EE is opened we will bond not only with the players and management but also with Mr Lansdown himself.

Theres no reason why for one game he should lose his suit and tie, put his jeans and shirt on and get in the Eastend with us just like Donny's chairman last season. If he was to permanatly open the Eastend he would be a (word used much to much) but a Legend. That would change the attitude of this club.

I noticed against Bradford some fans were moaning and groaning and there wasnt enough vocal support to drown it out. Unlike the Brentford game.

Anyway Mr Lansdown open the Eastend then "come and join us over ere!"

Guest ashtonyate
I must agree with that last statement. I really think that if the EE is opened we will bond not only with the players and management but also with Mr Lansdown himself.

Theres no reason why for one game he should lose his suit and tie, put his jeans and shirt on and get in the Eastend with us just like Donny's chairman last season. If he was to permanatly open the Eastend he would be a (word used much to much) but a Legend. That would change the attitude of this club.

I noticed against Bradford some fans were moaning and groaning and there wasnt enough vocal support to drown it out. Unlike the Brentford game.

Anyway Mr Lansdown open the Eastend then "come and join us over ere!"

If SL came and sat by me The first thing I would ask him and it would not be singing is WHY THE **** HAVEN'T YOU GOT A STRICKER IN THIS SEASON YOU COULD COST US PROMOTION.

If SL came and sat by me The first thing I would ask him and it would not be singing is WHY THE **** HAVEN'T YOU GOT A STRICKER IN THIS SEASON YOU COULD COST US PROMOTION.

He'd probably say: ''All the proposals Gary has come to me with such as Andrews and Smith, I have got in''.

btw, ashtonyate, can you please inform me what positions Andrews and Smith actually are? I'm a little confused by all this now.

Anyway, moving on, Having read that then surely he should make the big 3 home games non-overspill and get the tickets available for S/T swap and purchase first thing in the morning, there's going to be big Police presence for these games anyway.

As sure as eggs are eggs Forest and Swansea are going to be making an absolute racket in that stand and we aren't going to be able to compete vocally.

They will then proceed to take the p*ss like many have before them, even regardless of the result.

Can you please give us our pride back Steve?

"Stricker" whats that then :dunno: one of those dominating leather clad ladies :w00t: you could ask him anyway, look for the big 4 wheel drive jobby pulls into his space in front of the directors entrance by the burger bar home games norm about 2hrs before start, be there 3hrs before incase you miss him; :yes:

The EE will be used as an overspill only for For, Swan, Yeo and Rotherham is still under consideration.

Wouldn't it be nice to have the EE full of City Fans one last time before it is demolished and wouldn't our final game of the season be another great time to do that by housing the few Rotherham fans in the small part usually occupied by Fans For The Future.

Whilst it appears that the EE was pivotal to a much improved atmosphere in both the opinion of the Chairman & Manager, it hasn't prompted a rethink by The Board on it's regular or continual use, however that will obviously have to come into reconsideration if and when it is rebuilt.

Guest ashtonyate
He would say a what? A STRICKER?????

It does not matter none of them know what a striker is and if you got to ask you the price can't afford it oh no that's a rolls

Guest North Street
The EE will be used as an overspill only for For, Swan, Yeo and Rotherham is still under consideration.

Wouldn't it be nice to have the EE full of City Fans one last time before it is demolished and wouldn't our final game of the season be another great time to do that by housing the few Rotherham fans in the small part usually occupied by Fans For The Future.

Whilst it appears that the EE was pivotal to a much improved atmosphere in both the opinion of the Chairman & Manager, it hasn't prompted a rethink by The Board on it's regular or continual use, however that will obviously have to come into reconsideration if and when it is rebuilt.

Lansdown is the board and if he wants it we can have it or was that supposedly spontaneous decision to open up the stand for Brentford not quite what it was meant to seem.

A explanation of why exactly City fans have not been allowed back into the East End in earnest by Mr lansdown should have been a simple matter to the 688 who were in there v Brentford despite the lack of enthusiasm displayed by the club.

Personable bloke Mr Lansdown seems but understanding of Fans he is not.

Lansdown is the board and if he wants it we can have it or was that supposedly spontaneous decision to open up the stand for Brentford not quite what it was meant to seem.

A explanation of why exactly City fans have not been allowed back into the East End in earnest by Mr lansdown should have been a simple matter to the 688 who were in there v Brentford despite the lack of enthusiasm displayed by the club.

Personable bloke Mr Lansdown seems but understanding of Fans he is not.

Now I'm not pro-East End, but neither am I against it. I guess you could say, I couldn't give a toss whether it's open or not, but I was under the impression that it is not solely the club's decision?

I was under the impression that the A&S Constabulary have a large input to this and it is they that raise the greatest objection in terms of the safety certificate?

Do they not insist on the rather enormous segregation we see in the Wedlocks (especially when you consider that the segregation between Chelsea and Spurs fans tonight was a single line of steward/police sat down the middle of them)?

I may be wrong - what do I know?

Anyway, personally I think the pro-East End movement is engaging in flagellation and bestial necrophilia and has been for some time! ;)

Guest North Street
Now I'm not pro-East End, but neither am I against it. I guess you could say, I couldn't give a toss whether it's open or not, but I was under the impression that it is not solely the club's decision?

I was under the impression that the A&S Constabulary have a large input to this and it is they that raise the greatest objection in terms of the safety certificate?

Do they not insist on the rather enormous segregation we see in the Wedlocks (especially when you consider that the segregation between Chelsea and Spurs fans tonight was a single line of steward/police sat down the middle of them)?

Anyway, personally I think the pro-East End movement is engaging in flagellation and bestial necrophilia and has been for some time! ;)

The club have made the decision regarding the Forest, Yeovil etc games.

Being accused of whipping and having sex with a dead animal might upset some, do we really support the same club?

Guest North Street
10 seconds of truly terrifying mental images before I got that one... :noexpression:

I think i get it but only a gulity mind would post it.

yeah the brentford game didn't really happen and football fans should just roll over and take whatever they are given because they don't deserve anything better, they're just passive consumers

apathy is great because at the end of they day we just don't give a toss

its just all meaningless and pointless

we should all sit in our little plastic seats and sing whatever we are told to by the man with the microphone and then spend as much money at approved offical outlets with our official bristol city credit cards

yeah the brentford game didn't really happen and football fans should just roll over and take whatever they are given because they don't deserve anything better, they're just passive consumers

apathy is great because at the end of they day we just don't give a toss

its just all meaningless and pointless

we should all sit in our little plastic seats and sing whatever we are told to by the man with the microphone and then spend as much money at approved offical outlets with our official bristol city credit cards

Get out of the wrong side of the bed? :bored:

Just because I don't share your particular passion, doesn't make me apathetic, it just means I have no axe to grind regarding the East End.

I don't sit in a plastic seat, nor do I sing on cue. In fact, I care more about getting rid of the embarrassing idiot who tries to get the crowd going every time the team comes on the pitch and the playing of the music every time we score. If anything kills the atmosphere at AG, it's those particular events.

I think the only reason there are some fans trying to get back into the East End is purely the acoustics and jealousy of the away fans who seem to outsing the home fans from there. If the Atyeo had better acoustics, do you think the East End would even be an issue now?

Furthermore, why do home fans get upset about the away support outsinging them? It is obvious to me that the most vociferous and ardent support of any team will be those that travel to away games, us included. Why then are people surprised when the away support makes a lot of noise? Baffling.

Guest North Street
Furthermore, why do home fans get upset about the away support outsinging them? It is obvious to me that the most vociferous and ardent support of any team will be those that travel to away games, us included. Why then are people surprised when the away support makes a lot of noise? Baffling.

It's utterly baffling i know but V Brentford Johnson must have been applauding the away support from the goal mouth.

I think the only reason there are some fans trying to get back into the East End is purely the acoustics and jealousy of the away fans who seem to outsing the home fans from there. If the Atyeo had better acoustics, do you think the East End would even be an issue now?

on what evidence do you hold that idea? or is that something that's just popped into your head?

what do understand by the idea of home advantage?

Do away fans not go to home matches as well?

on what evidence do you hold that idea? or is that something that's just popped into your head?

Ummm... the fact that I began the sentence with 'I think...' would indicate that it is an opinion, not based on scientific evidence, but an opinion, nonetheless.

what do understand by the idea of home advantage?

Is this relevant?

Do away fans not go to home matches as well?

Yes.

• SC&T Board Members

I agree that the EE situation has as much to do with acoustics as a desire to reclaim tribal territory. If you think back 20 or 30 years, the away fans at many grounds were housed on open terracing at one end, while the vocal home support was on covered terracing at the other. The acoustic advantage clearly lay with the home fans and if you believe - as many players and managers maintain - that good vocal support acts like a twelfth man, then this did give the home team an advantage.

At Ashton Gate this is no longer the case and because of the acoustics of the EE even relatively small numbers of away fans now housed in there can effectively sieze that advantage for the visiting team... or at least diminish the home vocal advantage quite appreciably.

I don't think anyone is baffled by this or by the fact that travelling fans are generally very vocal.

Given that there is currently no practical place to put away fans at AG other than in the EE, then the only way to overcome this imbalance and to restore the former vocal advantage to the home fans is to house a significant number of vocal City fans in the EE. Which is why I support this campaign ... albeit my East End days were in the 70s!

I agree that the EE situation has as much to do with acoustics as a desire to reclaim tribal territory. If you think back 20 or 30 years, the away fans at many grounds were housed on open terracing at one end, while the vocal home support was on covered terracing at the other. The acoustic advantage clearly lay with the home fans and if you believe - as many players and managers maintain - that good vocal support acts like a twelfth man, then this did give the home team an advantage.

At Ashton Gate this is no longer the case and because of the acoustics of the EE even relatively small numbers of away fans now housed in there can effectively sieze that advantage for the visiting team... or at least diminish the home vocal advantage quite appreciably.

I don't think anyone is baffled by this or by the fact that travelling fans are generally very vocal.

Given that there is currently no practical place to put away fans at AG other than in the EE, then the only way to overcome this imbalance and to restore the former vocal advantage to the home fans is to house a significant number of vocal City fans in the EE. Which is why I support this campaign ... albeit my East End days were in the 70s!

I agree with a lot of what you say, but good vocal support is not the exclusive domain of those who want the East End reclaimed. If the team produces a good move, shot or enters a period of good pressure on the opposing defence, there is an upsurge in noise all around the ground - that, in itself, is an indicator of home advantage. If the team play well, then the crowd will get behind them.

When I said I'm baffled, I meant that I'm baffled that anyone thinks they can 'outsing' a good away following, regardless of where they are located, since those that travel away tend to be to most vociferous and loyal fans.

I am still of the opinion that, had the Atyeo been graced with 'good acoustics', the East End issue would never have been raised.

Archived