IGNORED

City Fans 1 - 0 Bristol City

nester

Interestingly, Dario Grady credited City fans for the goal in his radio interview afterwards. He reckoned there were so many City fans there, and we were so loud, that when we appealed for a penalty and the ref refused to give it, he felt obliged to give us a corner instead to pacify us. We got the goal from that. But he was convinced the ref only gave it because of all the baying City fans.

So perhaps you should rename the subject title: "Crewe 0 - City Fans 1"!

Thought the fans were excellent today. Dominated Gresty Road, and all around the ground. Outplayed the team.

Photos:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1417...mp;id=502661348

Vid:

Well I only had the pleasure of Radio Ron and otib LIVE CHAT (which was fun), but am proud to to say I could hear with my own ears just how large the City were going throughout, good show folks - proud of you, you done your bit, would love to have been there. The Red Army conquered.

''Hmm,'' I reflected to myself, what ingredient's contributed to such a superb vocal backing for the lads exactly ?? A low roof? many like minded people all congregated together as one? am I going mad here or have I just seen the dream cocktail?

There I conclude - this sounds like the ideal plan to me man, why did no one think of this before? If only we could find such suitable conditions for home games....how fun they could be?...what backing we could give !!

Surely the Club's authorethy's would reach the same conclusions? ..... No ?? :blink:

''Hmm,'' I reflected to myself, what ingredient's contributed to such a superb vocal backing for the lads exactly ?? A low roof? many like minded people all congregated together as one? am I going mad here or have I just seen the dream cocktail?

If that's the dream cocktail, I'll go for hair of the dog. It was like the East End in one way. It was a crap view, I was stuck behind the pillar and found myself wishing for most of the match that I was in the stand opposite, where they had a decent view.

Once again, the atmosphere thing is nothing to do with a low roof. By far the best atmosphere I've seen from home fans at an away ground this season was at Swansea, which has every element that people who want the East End open argue should make for a crap atmosphere - high roof, all-seater, no non-reserved seating etc.

What it did have was passionate fans who just sung. All around the ground, not just in one little bit of it. That is what makes the difference. It happens at Ashton Gate sometimes. Just not enough. The reason City fans sing so much away from home - whatever the ground, really - is that it tends to be the younger and more 'enthusiastic' that go, there's also more of a conscious effort to make the most of it because you've spent a fortune and all day travelling to and from the game, and the feeling of being in somone else's territory and outnumbered (not by much at Crewe, I grant you!) pulls people together and makes them more inclined to act as one.

I don't disagree with the idea of a non-reserved area because I can see why people would like to get together. But it's not a panacea and it's not so important that it's worth spending thousands to achieve.

With City going for automatic promotion and, indeed, the championship, there is no excuse for not lifting the roof off Ashton Gate for every match between now and the end of the season. Regardless of the height of the roof of the stand you are in.

Archived