IGNORED

Four more wins.

Robbored

With 24 points available from the remaining 8 games City need another twelve points to almost guarantee an automatic spot.

Currently City have 71 and another 12 with give a healthy 83. That means that City could 'afford' to drop another 12 points or in other words lose another 4 games.

So....Wins against Forest,Swansea,Yeovil and Rotherham at AG and draw the away games will give City 87 points.

See? Its easy........... :whistle2:

think 5 wins from 8 would make sure that we are up.

think wins at Doncaster & Gillingham are very possible and last day if needed against Rotherham I fancy us to win, which means we need to find 2 wins from

Carlise & Millwal away.......Millwall will be tough, and really don't fancy Carlise at all, not many teams do well up there, but will be delighted with 2 points from those games

which leaves

Forest, Swansea & Yeovil

Forest - as long as we have beaten Donny, a draw will be a bloody good result as it keeps them away from us, tough game against Swansea which I really can't predict, though I fully believe we will take Yeovil apart at home.

fancy us to get 16 points in total from those games. 87 points should be enough to secure 2nd

I'd take a draw if you were to get beaten or draw at Donny with us beating Cheltenham. If both of us win then we have to win at Ashton Gate. Looking at the stats you haven't beaten us since 1974 and our last five at AG is WWDWD. The omens are good :fingerscrossed: .

I wouldn't go on past history with us this year mate. We hadn't won at Blackpool Chesterfield and Crewe for donkies years. This season has been different.

Your recent results are not great are they,we are the in form team with 6 wins out of 7 we have already beat youin the cup and went very close up at your place ,those old results was when you were famous,were ready for you half thE Eastend each we sing the lads on to victory and auto promotion

Do you think you will beat Donny? They'll be desperate for a win to boost their play off hopes. Same as Cheltenham will be desperate when they come to us.

I'd love to give you a prediction however its something i never do. Donny have different focus at the moment with Cardiff in a couple of weeks. Whatever happens over the next few weeks its going to be tight all the way till May.

Do you think you will beat Donny? They'll be desperate for a win to boost their play off hopes. Same as Cheltenham will be desperate when they come to us.

donny are playing chesterfield on wednesday,,,if they don't win that then there spirits maybe well and truly dampend,but i think we will beat donny anyway,but whatever happens all eyes will be looking at the top of the table saturday week

I fancy a draw at Donny next week and Forest should beat Cheltenham - but then so should have City.That means there will be just two points between City and Forest when they come to AG on the 31st.

What a crucial game that will be. It will be a question of who holds their nerve best.

We really have nothing to lose at Donny even a loss can be accepted if you don't beat Chelt.Then All down to the game at our place could go either way lose and its play offs for you, we lose and its not over.

I will be surprised if we lose at Donny, who knows could be 7points clear by the time we meet or just one; Still waiting for our 2 main men to return Brooker and Murray but we are managing alright without them so far.

Any justice and us you and Scunny will go up but who knows.

With 24 points available from the remaining 8 games City need another twelve points to almost guarantee an automatic spot.

Currently City have 71 and another 12 with give a healthy 83. That means that City could 'afford' to drop another 12 points or in other words lose another 4 games.

So....Wins against Forest,Swansea,Yeovil and Rotherham at AG and draw the away games will give City 87 points.

Dear Mr Robbored, given all the things that GJ (and by implication what the players) have said can you please give us a profile of the ideal conditions of support and encouragement from the fans that would help us get maximum points at home. In other words where does our home advantage lie?

UP THE CITY

Two flaws with that argument.

1.83 won't be enough and I reckon second spot, this term will be a minimum of 84, but more likely 85, unless one of the top three blows up.

2.We're more likely to win the four away games than the four home games.

Apart from that it's fine :fingerscrossed:

City are more likely to win their away games than their home ones at the moment. I would take 4 points from the Forest and Yeovil games though.
i can see city getting a result at doncaster and beating forest[who i believe are overated ] the hardest game being yeovil a draw then one more win happy days :winner_third_h4h:

i should imagine that gj will be happy with a point if were still at least 4 ahead, we will be down to 5 games left and lets face it, we would of took that at the start of the season, if brooker can be available for the remaining games we should go up.

I'd take a draw if you were to get beaten or draw at Donny with us beating Cheltenham. If both of us win then we have to win at Ashton Gate. Looking at the stats you haven't beaten us since 1974 and our last five at AG is WWDWD. The omens are good :fingerscrossed: .
you were good then now you r mediocre :disapointed2se:

Two flaws with that argument.

1.83 won't be enough and I reckon second spot, this term will be a minimum of 84, but more likely 85, unless one of the top three blows up.

2.We're more likely to win the four away games than the four home games.

Apart from that it's fine :fingerscrossed:

BB - you do realise that this thread started out as 'tongue in cheek'.

If only it were as simple as I've suggested........ :sign09:

Looking at the stats you haven't beaten us since 1974 and our last five at AG is WWDWD. The omens are good :fingerscrossed: .

:nono: On the contrary, I think the omens are good for us.

Your last five at AG may well be WWDWD,

Therefore I see it that you're due for an L. :goingup:

Omens are good???????????????????????????

Our lot will want to kick arse after being the better side at your place without gaining sweet fa.

Yep, I think that 4 Wins and 1 Draw will be enough as long as we don't lose to Forest meaning we will have 84 Pts, that leaves 3 other games, and I'm hoping that we can get more than 84 Pts and don't have to wait to the final day of the season, so we can party at home with out having to worry!

Lighten up! Don't you have a sense of humour? Do really think that I would suggest that City can lose another 4 games?

We all have to have a sense of humour supporting City, goes with the terrain.

I was referring to my previous response to your light-hearted posting.

Please tell me how we create a home advantage? We don't have one.

What is it?

Getting people together who want to create an atmosphere and get behind the team is a great start.

What can you do to help this situation come about?

For the golden oldies among us

I remember Forest coming to us when they won the league in 78 they won 3-1 and I believe Archie Gemill got at least one...Please correct me any one...

I was at Forest for the 82 (I think) FA cup tie:

We were hurtling down the league but played out of our skins Mabbutt put us a goal up but a bent ref gave them an appalling pen with 7 mins left and Wallace scored one of his few to beat us

89 League Cup Semi-Final... enough said

Early 90s lost 5th rnd FA cup tie lost 4-1 in Nottingham OG by And Lew I think....

My Point...We OWE Them them big time...It is our turn to stuff it right up them...So lets just go do it...Positive thoughts boys please

Yep, I think that 4 Wins and 1 Draw will be enough as long as we don't lose to Forest meaning we will have 84 Pts, that leaves 3 other games, and I'm hoping that we can get more than 84 Pts and don't have to wait to the final day of the season, so we can party at home with out having to worry!

Me, too. If the draw is at home to Forest they'd have to win all their other games bar one, hardly likely is it?

Archived