IGNORED

Selection Dilemas Or Options?

Bristol Boy

Orr was MOM on Saturday, but doesn't fit in a 3-5-2 in front of Keogh, Carey, McCombe & Fontaine.

Noble & Johnson are good players but can't partner each other in a two man central midfield.

We need at least one of Brooker & Showunmi up front to have any goal threat.In reality, we probably need both (Oldham...well, up to half time)

McAllister is one of our best players and should he get in the team in front of Betsy or Wilson at LWB if we play 3-5-2?

Providing the players are fit, these are the dilemas/options that GJ must still be wrestling with despite five wins out of the last six and I wonder what he would consider to be his best team?

It is hard to say.

Encoh has been out of form recently but then pops up with one, Jevons you could say has been off form all season (I don't really think that) but has scored quite a few and Brooker we think is our best striker but cant get fit for some reason. It is a nice choice to have but I wish we had more consistiant strikers.

McAllistair is a class act in my opinon and should walk back into the team, if we are going to stick with 3-5-2 then I would line up like this.

Basso

Keogh - McCombe - Carey

Wilson - Skuse - McAllistair

Johnson - Noble

Brooker Enoch

Keogh just ahead of Orr even though I am a fan of his..

It is hard to say.

Encoh has been out of form recently but then pops up with one, Jevons you could say has been off form all season (I don't really think that) but has scored quite a few and Brooker we think is our best striker but cant get fit for some reason. It is a nice choice to have but I wish we had more consistiant strikers.

McAllistair is a class act in my opinon and should walk back into the team, if we are going to stick with 3-5-2 then I would line up like this.

Basso

Keogh - McCombe - Carey

Wilson - Skuse - McAllistair

Johnson - Noble

Brooker Enoch

Keogh just ahead of Orr even though I am a fan of his..

I would rest Brooker :o

don't normally post on 'team selection' threads but bored at home so I'd go 4-4-2 like this:

......Basso..........

Orr......Carey......McCombe........McAllister

Wilson...Russell.....Johnson.........Noble

.............Jevons......Enoch.............

Assuming Keogh, Murray and Brooker are still out.

If, what Radio Bristol has been reporting is true about Keogh and Brooks, I'd go 4-4-1-1 like this:

.......Basso...........

Orr......Carey......McCombe........Keogh

Betsy.......Johnson......Skuse........McCallister

...........Noble.......

...........Jevons.....

Subs:

Fontaine

JMW

Russell

Enoch

Brooker

If, what Radio Bristol has been reporting is true about Keogh and Brooks, I'd go 4-4-1-1 like this:

.......Basso...........

Orr......Carey......McCombe........Keogh

Betsy.......Johnson......Skuse........McCallister

...........Noble.......

...........Jevons.....

Subs:

Fontaine

JMW

Russell

Enoch

Brooker

Toothless and with Keogh at left back?? :noexpression:

We'd keep the ball OK but it would be the same as Saturday, no cutting edge or impact in the final third.

Toothless and with Keogh at left back?? :noexpression:

We'd keep the ball OK but it would be the same as Saturday, no cutting edge or impact in the final third.

Granted its not his preferred position but its either him or Bradley Orr. We played well agaisnt Boro in the 2 games agaisnt them with this formation so why not give it a try? The players know how to play it. Plus it would surprise a few teams as they have sussd our 3-5-2 formation already.

I wouldn't drop Skuse for sure, thought he was one of our better players along with Orr on saturday!

Johnson however was absoutly awfull and he should be the one dropped.

Russell and Noble are a perfect paring in the centre of midfield, anyone remember Walsall away last season? We played some of the best football I have seen with those two in the middle but he won't drop Johnson and shouldnt drop Skuse so I'd go for:-

My team :-

4-4-2

Basso

Orr Carey mcCombe McCallister

Betsy Russell Skuse Noble

Brooker Showumni

Subs:-

Thomas

Keogh

JMW

Johnson

Wilson

IMO Brooker would be more effective coming off the bench, until he's fully fit. I would imagine that

GJ will go for 3-5-2 again if Heffernan, McCammon and Price are still injured.

Basso

Carey McCombe McAllister

Wilson Johnson Skuse Noble Betsy

Jevons Showunmi

Granted its not his preferred position but its either him or Bradley Orr. We played well agaisnt Boro in the 2 games agaisnt them with this formation so why not give it a try? The players know how to play it. Plus it would surprise a few teams as they have sussd our 3-5-2 formation already.

We didn't play Keogh at left back against Boro, it was McAllister at home and Fontaine away.

Fontaine & Woodman are options at left back, if Macca was pushed forward.

I can't see any reason for going to Donnie without two up front, particularly if Brooker & Jevons are both fit.When we play a middle three Noble pushes into the hole anyway.

IMO Brooker would be more effective coming off the bench, until he's fully fit. I would imagine that

GJ will go for 3-5-2 again if Heffernan, McCammon and Price are still injured.

Basso

Carey McCombe McAllister

Wilson Johnson Skuse Noble Betsy

Jevons Showunmi

McAllister won't play in a back three unless we're short of Fontaine, Orr & Keogh........and that's your dilema about getting your best players in the same team.I hope GJ sticks with 3-5-2 away from home and uses BW & JM as wing backs.I agree about Brooker coming off the bench however, that's what we thougt at Swansea and he started with ES playing left wing!!

Formations are overrated anyway. If the players are up for it and on their game then any combination of formation and players will be enough.

Maybe at pub level they are but not in the proffessional game. How many times already this season have we seen threads saying that Johnson either got his formation/tactics spot on like he did at Crewe or messed up like he did at the Mem?

As for the Donny game - it has to be the very effective 5 across the middle with 3 at the back.Its a very flexible formation and can easily switch from 5-3-2 when defending to 3-4-3 when attacking.Hard work for the wing backs but Wilson, McAllister and Betsy are very fit.

With all available - Basso, Carey, McCombe,Keogh.

Betsy,Noble,Johnston,Skuse,Wilson.

Brooker and Enoch.

Subs - McAllister,Jevons,Fontaine,Orr and the keeper.

Maybe at pub level they are but not in the proffessional game. How many times already this season have we seen threads saying that Johnson either got his formation/tactics spot on like he did at Crewe or messed up like he did at the Mem?

As for the Donny game - it has to be the very effective 5 across the middle with 3 at the back.Its a very flexible formation and can easily switch from 5-3-2 when defending to 3-4-3 when attacking.Hard work for the wing backs but Wilson, McAllister and Betsy are very fit.

With all available - Basso, Carey, McCombe,Keogh.

Betsy,Noble,Johnston,Skuse,Wilson.

Brooker and Enoch.

Subs - McAllister,Jevons,Fontaine,Orr and the keeper.

Agree with that with the exception of Orr in for Keogh because Orr got MoTM in the last game and shouldn't lose his place IMO, and JMW on the bench instead of Fontaine to give us optional extra width/pace.

3-5-2

............Basso...

...........Carey.......Mccombe.......Fontaine......

Wilson........Russell...Noble...Skuce.....McAllister

......Brooker.....Bigshow.....

4-4-2

..Basso....

Orr............Carey.........Mccombe.......McAllister

Betsy.............Noble.......Russell.........Wilson

...Brooker......Bigshow........

Formations are overrated anyway. If the players are up for it and on their game then any combination of formation and players will be enough.

So lets go with us against Donnie in a 4-4-1-1

.............THOMAS....................

BROOKER.......JOHNSON......RUSSELL........MYRIE-WILLIAMS............

SMITH............JEVONS........WOODMAN.....MCCOMBE........

.............FONTAINE.................

.............SKUSE......................

As has been proved this season, nay twice in a week against the Gas, Formations & Tactics are both vital.Remember Skuse at outside left and then wide right when we lost 4-2 at home to Blackpool when it could have been 7-2??

Yeah, I agree. How about this? It's a sort of fluid 6 - 1 - 3

Jevons

Brooker Betsy Myrie-Williams Johnson Basso Smith

Mc Combe

McAllister Skuse Orr

Particularly like Johnson and JMW as our central defensive partnership. Lots of power and ariel ability there. Mc Combe has the mobility and pace to pretty much tie up the midfield on his own and McAllister should be a threat as an attacking wide right player. Not too sure about Jevons in goal, but as you say, any combination of players and formation should be enough. :whistle2:

3-5-2

............Basso...

...........Carey.......Mccombe.......Fontaine......

Wilson........Russell...Noble...Skuce.....McAllister

......Brooker.....Bigshow.....

4-4-2

..Basso....

...Brooker......Bigshow........

Both look like winning combinations. :D

4-4-2

..Basso....

...Brooker......Bigshow.......

Both look like winning combinations. :D

i prefer this formation than the 3 5 2

as it allows more time for the big man JM to get in the box and win some arial battles

Archived