IGNORED

The new Wembley

22A

So we have the new Wembley ar last. A recruitment agency is still trying to recruit staff such as the Cleaning Services Manager (£32k). I thought all Mangerial posts would have already been allocated.

On the weekend, the local residents had a look round the new stadium and I found this post from a Crewe fan who attended on another forum.

<i was lucky enough to attend the community day at Wembley stadium on Saturday. We were allowed to walk around the stadium, inside and outside, test of escalators, lifts and most importantly BARS! however at £3.50 a pint and £4.50 a pie funds were running low at the end of the day.

The £umpteen billion and 7 years has well been worth the wait and the stadium looked great in the morning sunshine and access and travel to it is very easy. With more legroom than the old royal box i had no trouble and i am 6'4". Everything seemed to go well and there were a couple of areas highlighted by officials as "in need of alterations."

There were 3 celebrity matches taking place during the day and The Soccer A.M. team won the round robin tournament between them. Now all we need is for the England and Italian Under 21's to give us an entertaining match to officially open it.

Cant wait to go back down there following Crewe Alex or England in qualification for EURO 2008.>

Archived