IGNORED

Hang on a minute... Leon Best?

Red Cloud

He CAN go on loan again and as you will note from the article Adkins did'nt name him the writer did. Sky Sports writers are copy and paste merchants.

The 2 team loan idea seemed quite plausible when I posted Nathan Jones' EP report last week, which stated that such a rule procluded Best from joining City.

However, this was soon debunked by Forest's signing of Alan Wright, who appeared to have played for a different team every week.

The other reason barring City from bidding for Best on loan is Gary Johnson's ideals.

Guest ashtonyate

Don't worry Johnson is trying his hardest to bring in someone He was seen on the downs on Sunday morning look for prospect he has all so got it touch with is local job centre to see if they have any 7ft 1in people who would fit the bill no experience needed.

We get Savage and Smith well other teams go out looking for some one to better there sides S****horp is after some one to boost there attack what the hell do we need to booster ours

Don't worry Johnson is trying his hardest to bring in someone He was seen on the downs on Sunday morning look for prospect he has all so got it touch with is local job centre to see if they have any 7ft 1in people who would fit the bill no experience needed.

We get Savage and Smith well other teams go out looking for some one to better there sides S****horp is after some one to boost there attack what the hell do we need to booster ours

Nice gammer/ spelling :D

When Murrey comes back ( this week or next ) betsy will play upfront

Why on earth would anyone want to play Betsy up front?

Exactly. Murray's return will mean a dilemma for GJ, because he'll have to pick 2 widemen from the aforementioned Scott, Betsy and Wilson.

Wilson could revert to right-back, but with Orr in excellent form, that's a nice non-starter.

Guest ashtonyate
Grammar.

Its no good having wide players if no one is in the middle ie Showumni playing as a left winger if fact I think we would be better playing Mccome up front from the start

Why not, we have not got any pace up front at the mo.

I would like to see him on the right side of a front 3 with Showumni on the left and Brooker or Jevons down the middle

Well, should we put Skuse up there then? He's quick.

IMO Betsy is a winger, his game is about beating people with trickery and putting crosses in. He delivers good service to the strikers from the wing. He's not good with his back to the goal and he doesn't seem to have the composure/knack of putting the ball in the net inside the box.

I agree we could use pace up front but the thing we need more than that is goals - and I think for that we should be looking to bring in someone who is a striker, preferably a quick one, not playing a winger out of position.

Well, should we put Skuse up there then? He's quick.

IMO Betsy is a winger, his game is about beating people with trickery and putting crosses in. He delivers good service to the strikers from the wing. He's not good with his back to the goal and he doesn't seem to have the composure/knack of putting the ball in the net inside the box.

I agree we could use pace up front but the thing we need more than that is goals - and I think for that we should be looking to bring in someone who is a striker, preferably a quick one, not playing a winger out of position.

I am sure that if there was a proven quick striker out there that wanted to play for BCFC on less that 5 grand a week and wanted to leave his current club , i am sure that we would try and get him.

My point was that if we don`t get one in then i would put Betsy in a front 3 to add a bit of pace to the front line. Sometimes you have to make the most of a situation like for example when we need height up front, Mccombe is a centre half but as an emergency, he is pushed upfront . Not ideal but it works

How do we know that Johnson isn't interested in Best?

Just because its not public doesn't mean that City haven't been looking at him - after all its public knowledge that Johnson is looking to bring in a loanee before the deadline.Could be Best - you never know......

The 2 team loan idea seemed quite plausible when I posted Nathan Jones' EP report last week, which stated that such a rule procluded Best from joining City.

However, this was soon debunked by Forest's signing of Alan Wright, who appeared to have played for a different team every week.

The other reason barring City from bidding for Best on loan is Gary Johnson's ideals.

The ego has landed you mean........

Archived