IGNORED

Tick Tock Tick Tock Tick Tock - 5pm Deadline

cheshire_red

We soooooo need a striker to push on. So are we going to get one? Simple YES or NO if it's a YES then who ya reckon?

For me - NO

No - don't think we need one.

The current players have got us to this position and I have faith in them to finish the job and secure promotion.

if we can't bring anyone in who is that much better than we already have, then it's not worth getting anyone in, personally I don't think the player than we want is available at the moment.

I'd be very concerned if we don't. We quite simply arent scoring enough goals to kill teams off. We've got away with it so far mostly but we cant rely on our defense ALL the time to win us games.

Imagine this scenario:

Level on points AND goal difference with Forest going into the final match of the season....It comes down to who can win by more goals...Forest have Tyson and Agogo upfront with Holt and Lester on the bench... We have Brooker out injured... Showumni, Andy Smith and the lazy Jevons to choose from. Rotherham stick 10 men behind the ball and we struggle as usual...

Who would you back? Its a hypothetical situation but it COULD happen.

I'd be very concerned if we don't. We quite simply arent scoring enough goals to kill teams off. We've got away with it so far mostly but we cant rely on our defense ALL the time to win us games.

Imagine this scenario:

Level on points AND goal difference with Forest going into the final match of the season....It comes down to who can win by more goals...Forest have Tyson and Agogo upfront with Holt and Lester on the bench... We have Brooker out injured... Showumni, Andy Smith and the lazy Jevons to choose from. Rotherham stick 10 men behind the ball and we struggle as usual...

Given that we've scored more league goals than forest this season, I'd back us. Having said that I would welcome a quality striker coming in on loan, but if the right player isn't available than I'd rather GJ left it instead of signing just anybody. If we don't get anyone in i won't be too concerned.

Given that we've scored more league goals than forest this season, I'd back us. Having said that I would welcome a quality striker coming in on loan, but if the right player isn't available than I'd rather GJ left it instead of signing just anybody. If we don't get anyone in i won't be too concerned.

We've scored 3 more league goals and according to Madger we have created 150 more chances.

Imagine this scenario:

Why would rotherham stick 10 men behind the ball? It's weird how people see things differently, i think Jevons works his socks off.Booker will be fit by then, he may even be on the bench saturday.

We've scored 3 more league goals and according to Madger we have created 150 more chances.

So their poor creative play makes up for our poor finishing?

Look at last weekend. Our injury hit forward line scrape a 1-0 win while the all star Forest forward line run riot in an emphatic 1-0... hang on...

The point is, yes it would be nice if we signed a quality striker in the next 5 hours, but i don't feel that not signing anyone would be the disaster that some people are suggesting.

Imagine this scenario:

ohhhh for **** sake kids. We're 4 points clear in second - and despite this forum persistently calling our position 'false', we appear to be staying there.

* Jevons has scored 18 goals. And he just isnt lazy (he's just not quick!)

* Shawaddywaddy has a great goal return when he stays fit

* Brooker is Brooker - has just been unlucky with a series of unrelated injuries, and he's fine now

* Smith...... runs around a lot? OK, am struggling here i admit

* (most importantly) buying player in real life isnt like championship manager. If he's a big name, is properly fit, will score goals, will play for us and is affordable - then why would his current club let him go?

ohhhh for **** sake kids. We're 4 points clear in second - and despite this forum persistently calling our position 'false', we appear to be staying there.

* Brooker is Brooker - has just been unlucky with a series of unrelated injuries, and he's fine now

* (most importantly) buying player in real life isnt like championship manager. If he's a big name, is properly fit, will score goals, will play for us and is affordable - then why would his current club let him go?

Amen.

It don't matter what you or i think.

GJ obviously thinks we need another striker, I hope he can find a 'gem' to secure a top 2 finish!

Archived