IGNORED

What is this obession with signing a Striker

bh red

When Brooker and Showunmi are injured for the Forest and Yeovil games and they both park 10 men behind the ball after sneaking a goal from a single chance I take it you'll be saying the same?

Yeah, I mean just because two players are obviously injury prone doesn't mean we should be prepared for them to be injured again I guess?

I don't think that just "managing" as you say we have been doing all season will be good enough for the crunch games we have coming up.

The fact that forwards who score goals appear to have been available would lead me to believe that there are more where those came from.

For me it's quite simple. We know there's a decent chance one or other of Brooker and Enoch will be injured. We know we haven't scored many goals from strikers. We know that we're inches away from promotion.

Bringing in a striker seems common sense, in fact, I'd quite happily see us take a risk on a younger striker with promise from one of the divisions above over not bring anyone in at all. I find it highly unlikely that bringing in cover will disrupt a squad that has been rightly praised for it's attitude all season.

however even if those two still get injured, we still have other players capable of doing a job, not getting a forward isn't ideal, but not the end of the world as many are making out.

as for bringing in a striker from one of the above divisions, yes it has worked for Scunny & yeovil, however as we know it doesn't always work Craig Fagan......player with promise however it didn't work. he's shown since to be a good player and wilson signed him because he had promise and he rated him highly, however when he joined the club within hours wilson was getting hammered.

just because they are promising players doesn't automatcially mean they will be a auto success

bored now, I can see that most agree, however their is always the negative minority that is never in the wrong and will go for hours, I'll going to get my dinner!

bored now, I can see that most agree, however their is always the negative minority that is never in the wrong and will go for hours, I'll going to get my dinner!

Resorting to insults and taking your ball home? If only our strikers could show the sort of consistency you do in your posts, then I might agree with you!

Good to see so many people agree on this thread.

Not that many and every other thread on strikers seems to include more with the opposing view

GJ has tried to get quality in the past but they turned us down so lets keep on with our squad instead of risking the harmony of the team. We CAN get promotion without any new additions to the squad.

Possibly we can and I don't recall anyone saying that we definetly won't however, the addition of someone that can score goals is rarely a bad thing for any club

agree with what the majority on here are saying, personally I believe the players currently at the club are more than capable of now getting this club promoted this season and won't be bothered if we don't sign another forward.

GJ does want one but he's only going to make sure he gets the right player, rather than making a signing for the sake of it, with everyone pretty much fit now it's not vital but it would be a bonus if he can get one and I think that's the way he is looking at it.

He wants one for precisely the reasons stated.Our two main men SB & ES have been available 15 times together out of 50.No ones suggesting we go out and sign Barry Corr however, his scoring records better than Andy Smith

in Jevons, Brooker, Enoch and Smith I feel we have the ability to create and score goals!

Not when they're sat in The Williams

From the looks of it Gj sees it just like most of us on this thread and not the minority.

So when you say we don't need a striker, he thinks we do and he's looking to loan one.Don't quite see how that's agreeing

If there was REAL quality out there then of course they'd be welcomed with open arms as it is there doesn't seem to be hence why there has been no news to date.

Give it until 5pm

I think some people are missing the point of Ashtonmates post in that IF there was real quality out there that would be prepared to come to the gate then fair enough however, there doesn't seem to be so lets go with what we've got.

Nobody's saying sign any old divvy

I think Scunny signing James Quinn proves the lack of quality available.

It may show that or it may show that even when top of the league, S****horpe aren't an attractive proposition

I think what Johnson has said was that he will only bring in a player who is going to improve the squad and is willing to be at the club for longer than the short term.

If he gets this sort of player in to be on the bench and cover for injuries then fantastic but if no one matches this criteria then I won't be fussed if no one comes in.

I think what people are trying to say is that getting a striker in will not make or break our season. Further injuries to playes may do but this could be said about a wide range of positions, Basso, McCombe and Carey, Betsy, Johnson.

I think what Johnson has said was that he will onl bring in a player who is going to improve the squad and is willing to be at th club for longer than the short term.

If he gets this sort of player in to be on the bench and cover for injuries then fantastic but if no one matches this criteria then I won't be fussed if no one comes in.

I think what people are trying to say is that getting a striker in will not make or break our season. Further injuries to playes may do but this could be said about a wide range of positions, Basso, McCombe and Carey, Betsy, Johnson.

:worship2:

exactly my point, if the RIGHT player is available then GREAT lets get him in,

but we have tried and failed on plenty of occasions to get young forwards in to score goals for a short period over the years and majority of times it hasn't worked, which is why I don't believe it to be worthwhile now. IT'S ALL ABOUT GETTING THE RIGHT PLAYER, if he's not available it's not the end of the world or the season we are still in a FANTASTIC POSTION

regarding Quinn joining Scunny, it's also worth looking at Swansea they like us have been interested in lots of players, including the likes of Cotterill and Hartson (why?) but yet they have ended up with Duffy! hardly an inspring signing either

It's important to remember what Johnson has ACTUALLY said which is IF he can bring in the right player he will, he's confident his squad can do the business, but if the right addition comes along then he will add to the squad.

As for few others have mentioned their is NO POINT in just bringing in a forward for the sake of it, like the club has done in the past, if we can get someone in with the right attitude and ability who is AVAILABLE then excellent, however at this point of the season alot of clubs aren't willing to let players leave.

We have brought in various players in the past who have looked good on paper and perhaps have gone on to do well but haven't hit it off at City, players like Roberts, Fagan, Andrew, Corr, Dani Rodregueis, Lorenco the Silva,

More often than not across clubs Loans don't work and are generally a short term fix, personally not a fan of the loan system at all as it benefit the lending club more than the receving club.

I'm happy with the 5 forwards currently at the club personally, but if we can get in anyone better than what we have............ggggggggreat

Exacta mundo ZK.

Unfortunately some people are unable to see this and keep trying to ram their opinions down our throats.

But I guess when you are a member of forum 'Royalty' you carry on regardless.

I really do find it hard to understand why debating something with reasoned argument is ramming an opinion down someone's throat, insisting that they have no right to a view, and behaving like royalty - perhaps you could explain?

Don't you think if everyone agreed it would be a pretty pointless forum?

Yes, of course it would be. However, I find it reprehensible that the few on here constantly belittle other peoples views.

Debate is healthy, as long as the other persons viewpoint is taken into account.

This particular thread has gone as far as it can in my opinion, as we are all now just repeating ourselves. Your view is clear, I just don't agree with it so as said to someone else. I will agree to disagree with you.

It's important to remember what Johnson has ACTUALLY said which is IF he can bring in the right player he will, he's confident his squad can do the business, but if the right addition comes along then he will add to the squad.

As for few others have mentioned their is NO POINT in just bringing in a forward for the sake of it, like the club has done in the past, if we can get someone in with the right attitude and ability who is AVAILABLE then excellent, however at this point of the season alot of clubs aren't willing to let players leave.

We have brought in various players in the past who have looked good on paper and perhaps have gone on to do well but haven't hit it off at City, players like Roberts, Fagan, Andrew, Corr, Dani Rodregueis, Lorenco the Silva,

More often than not across clubs Loans don't work and are generally a short term fix, personally not a fan of the loan system at all as it benefit the lending club more than the receving club.

I'm happy with the 5 forwards currently at the club personally, but if we can get in anyone better than what we have............ggggggggreat

Are you going? Dani Rodregueis (l know thats not how its spelt) was quality for us until he broke his leg in about 71 different places

Are you going? Dani Rodregueis (l know thats not how its spelt) was quality for us until he broke his leg in about 71 different places

am I going where?

Dani Rodreguiszdiesz......(I swear that is the perfect spelling) personally didn't think he was too bad,

however using OTIB logic, he was a striker and he never scored for us, which has been used to doom many a player and former player

Archived