IGNORED

EAST END CAPACITY

Bristol Boy

Still leaves over 1,500 seats.

It looks like those in the EE will be shoved into the corner by the Dolman with a massive gap to the Forest supporters.

What a wasted opportunity to get bums on seats and create a great atmosphere.

totally agree mate its a waste ,but after the trouble at forest they are probably taking no chances

aren't the seats right at the back pretty much a waste of space and generally never used? they probably add up to nearly 500-600

plus with the trouble at Forest, there will no doubt be a number of forest fans wanting to cause trouble so the club/police are keeping the fans as far apart as possible.

either way the ground isn't even a total sell out yet, so there can't be that high a demand

I don't see how the trouble at Forest relates to the EE ?

I think it's just a lily livered decision by the club and the police - both of them out of touch with reality.

areed also, but they still wont take any chances,,its the biggest game of the season so far ,and will be alot riding onit for both clubs, a couple of good or bad decisions by the ref a couple of goals either way,,,it will be electric,,how about a peacefull march to the ee to claim the rest of the seats :w00t:

It may be that given the size of the away following and the problems earlier this season the police are being extra careful?

We had more in there against the bitter blues with no trouble, i can't see why we can't do the same against Forest. If there is trouble it won't be in the ground anyway.

It may be that given the size of the away following and the problems earlier this season the police are being extra careful?

Probably. Just very annoying when you watch the likes of Spurs v Chelsea, Liverpool v Man U - where there is a history of trouble between the fans - and there's about 2 rows of seats of segregation! We ain't THAT bad, are we?!

There was no trouble innside the ground and I'd love someone to tell me how emptying the EE stops it from going off in Winsterstoke Rd.

How on earlh can the club ask fans to stump up more cash when they lose the opportunity to earn about £40k in revenue whenever there's a big game.

The mind boggles and if this club moves any further from the fans it'll be in Swindon.

just out of interest does anyone know exactly how many seats the ee holds,as i want to do some calculating

5500 main site says; minus 3000 minus 600 1900 empty seats is SL`s version of a sell out; You are right there Steve it is a sell out, advantage Forest :disapointed2se:

We had more in there against the bitter blues with no trouble, i can't see why we can't do the same against Forest. If there is trouble it won't be in the ground anyway.

Forest fans proved they could throw things downwards (with the help of gravity)- maybe they can throw things sideways too?

I know there were more in there for the Gas game- but maybe the police see this one as more of a threat!?! not saying I agree.

Probably. Just very annoying when you watch the likes of Spurs v Chelsea, Liverpool v Man U - where there is a history of trouble between the fans - and there's about 2 rows of seats of segregation! We ain't THAT bad, are we?!

It is annoying, I agree.

I think there may be 4 reasons for this though:-

1. We have no recent experience with one line of segregation.

2. We maybe can't afford quite the same number of police.

3. The design of the stand (I think) means that the East End is always unreserved seating- making it far easier for idiots to congregate right up against the police lines.

4. Even when there are two blocks of segregation against teams with 25 away fans- some idiots still insist on running up to the fence/barrier and goad the away support as to make the place seem hostile. (though I think this has not happened on the last few occassions thankfully)

There was no trouble innside the ground and I'd love someone to tell me how emptying the EE stops it from going off in Winsterstoke Rd.

How on earlh can the club ask fans to stump up more cash when they lose the opportunity to earn about £40k in revenue whenever there's a big game.

The mind boggles and if this club moves any further from the fans it'll be in Swindon.

1. There WAS trouble inside the ground- at least 2 people near me were hit by coins and lighters from above.

2. IF they allow it to get too hostile or kick off at all in the East End then it does increase the chances of people waiting outside. Not saying they will stop it but I think sometimes tensions do get ratcheted up inside the ground (remember the Mansfield 5-4, they were suitably angry to be waiting for us outside)

3. I disagree. I think compared to a while back the club has a good two-way relationship with fans. Of course people get annoyed by things but I still think we're relatively lucky. Besides, this decision MAY have been on police advice- I don't know.

Nail. Head.

On all 3 points BB.

It's pathetic.

Nail. Head.

On all 3 points BB.

It's pathetic.

People seem to be implying that City are deliberatly turning down paying customers just to annoy them.

In the next breath you'll probably all criticise the club for trying to earn a "quick buck" over something.

If there is a reduced capacity I am sure it is done for good reasons.

People seem to be implying that City are deliberatly turning down paying customers just to annoy them.

In the next breath you'll probably all criticise the club for trying to earn a "quick buck" over something.

It's unsuprising people are pissed off.

Look at it this way, a number of fans want to go in the East End and are told they can't because the club wont open it. Fine, that issue is slightly different as far as the rights and wrongs of it.

The East End is opened for Brentford, the whole thing went well. This is both from a fan and club perspective.

In light of the above, it is a slap in the face to open the stand, but forbid season ticket holders the chance to exchange their seat.

Nail. Head.

On all 3 points BB.

It's pathetic.

Let me make it clear- if it is safe to do so I would love to see as many City fans as possible squeezed in for the game. But I believe that City's operations/safety team and the police have far more knowledge and experience in this area so I will trust them not Bristol Boy's "there are some spare seats! City are trying to con the fans again" argument.

It's unsuprising people are pissed off.

Look at it this way, a number of fans want to go in the East End and are told they can't because the club wont open it. Fine, that issue is slightly different as far as the rights and wrongs of it.

The East End is opened for Brentford, the whole thing went well. This is both from a fan and club perspective.

In light of the above, it is a slap in the face to open the stand, but forbid season ticket holders the chance to exchange their seat.

perhaps the club do not want to give 15,000 fans the opportunity to swap tickets on the basis that of those 15,000 fans some may do so with the intention of "getting nearer the Forest fans"?

perhaps the club do not want to give 15,000 fans the opportunity to swap tickets on the basis that of those 15,000 fans some may do so with the intention of "getting nearer the Forest fans"?

Well that would be a nonsense. For starters you can get FAR closer in the Williams. Also, we have 8,000 St's roughly, not 15,000. All of which will be on a club database, surely easier to gleam information about than people paying buy cash at a ticket office window.

oh well looks like its just 600 of us in there then,,,it wont b as loud as brentford but as long as there are people trying ,,who knows,,if we could just get e block williams g block dolman and our 600 all singing in harmony we could drown them out quite easily :argh: :Believe: :bruce_h4h::fingerscrossed:

Let me make it clear- if it is safe to do so I would love to see as many City fans as possible squeezed in for the game. But I believe that City's operations/safety team and the police have far more knowledge and experience in this area so I will trust them not Bristol Boy's "there are some spare seats! City are trying to con the fans again" argument.

Just like they had far more knowledge and experience in this area which led to their predictions of mass brawls and violent disorder, more or less, if the EE was opened.

Err, think they were wrong.

Some spare seats :disapointed2se: just 1900; if they sold another 1000 of them they would make £18,000; give the exchange seat boys/girls a chance why not, they have over a week to sort it. :disapointed2se:

Archived