IGNORED

18 clean sheets in L1: Basso player of season?

martin

each and every one of our defenders, orr, carey, mcombe, woodman, mcallister, keogh... every single one and ofcourse, Basso, have been a solid unit all season.

If I had to give a player of the season, I couldnt pick between them. Each one of them needs a big pat on the back for thier hard work. The big, big reason why we are doing so well.

More of the same for the rest of the season!

so what about the cock ups against bradford when now we would be top of the league now. or the one against cheltenham in the cup where we would of won and got throught to next round.

sorry to be a dampner but in my 25 years of watching city play he has to be the worst keeper to be number 1 on a regular basis

so what about the cock ups against bradford when now we would be top of the league now. or the one against cheltenham in the cup where we would of won and got throught to next round.

sorry to be a dampner but in my 25 years of watching city play he has to be the worst keeper to be number 1 on a regular basis

As everyone is talking about freedom of speech...Here's my effort...On the basis that he has undoubtably saved us more points than he has cost us (you even have to quote a cup game!)....then I can confirm....

You are a first class idiot....

As everyone is talking about freedom of speech...Here's my effort...On the basis that he has undoubtably saved us more points than he has cost us (you even have to quote a cup game!)....then I can confirm....

Dodgy at times, but BRILLIANT!

Why does evertything have to be so black and white - its not a case of Basso's better than McCombe, or Carey's better than Basso - they all play their part, and sometimes thay all make mistakes. Yes Basso did v.Bradford. McCombe can look v dodgy when players run at him eg Cheltenham. And they all contribute to our success this season - no better example than yesterday. Great goal by McCombe, but it would only have been the equaliser if Basso hadn't pulled off a fantastic save a few minutes earlier. Football's a team game.

(And that's why -despite what I've said above - Basso is better than Phillips. Not cos he's a better shot stopper, or flaps less, but because he's a better team player)

I notice that you don't refer to the great chances missed by our strikers all season nor to when our defenders got in a tangle which led to Basso pulling off a great save.

Point being - all players make mistakes.It just that they are often more costly when your a goalkeeper.

I notice that you don't refer to the great chances missed by our strikers all season nor to when our defenders got in a tangle which led to Basso pulling off a great save.

Point being - all players make mistakes.It just that they are often more costly when your a goalkeeper.

We would have been promoted by now if we didnt have Basso in goal. Is this thread a wind up?

Succinctly put and quite correct!!

i must be getting it wrong then if forwards make mistakes it costs us goals thanks for clearing that up for me and for over 30 years i always thought keeper mistakes usually ended in goals

i must be getting it wrong then if forwards make mistakes it costs us goals thanks for clearing that up for me and for over 30 years i always thought keeper mistakes usually ended in goals

Oh dear.. :doh:

So.....suppose City lose a game 1-0 and Jevons, Brooker and Enoch all miss golden chances to score and Basso pulls off loads of good saves in the same match. The winning goal comes from a Carey under hit back pass.

Would that still be Basso's fault?

If Chris Weale wouldve made those mistakes, people wouldve been saying "Never mind, everyone makes mistakes. Its just unfortunate that when keepers do if often leads to goals". Basso has kept us in alot of games this season with some of the saves hes made and some of the performances hes put in when hes been called upon! Just because he's ehavily religious and a bit eccentric (possibly to say the least), doesnt take away the fact that he is one of, if not, the best keeper in the League!

Get behind him. Even if he makes 1 bad kick, everyone is straight on his case again, then, when he makes a save that defies all logic of how he kept it out, everyone suddenly loves him again!

He is our number 1 for a reason. So get behind him and the rest of the team! Especially on Saturday!

YOU REDS!!!

Archived