IGNORED

fan base help

cider11

Not living in Bristol or down that way, I'm doing my geography coursework on sphere of influence on our fans, and i need to know what postcodes are normally thought of as areas of city fans come from in bristol and local surrounding areas, obviously BS3 is, but other than that i don't have a clue. If anybody knows that will be good

Well, as you are talking a North-South divide (to an extent), you are looking at

Bedminster, Knowle, Brislington, Hengrove, Whitchurch, Hartcliffe, Withywood, Bishopsworth, Ashton etc. etc.

Most of these are covered, I believe in BS3, BS4 and BS14, but, you might want to try a post code search to confirm that.

Other than that, places along the Weston road, including W-S-M itself tend to favour the red half. Also, Clifton so you could say BS1.

There is also a fan who comes from Chard. That means 50% of the male population in this case. The other 50% is his gay-lover who favours the cricket apparently.

I'm sure others could offer better clarity.

In Weston Super Mare there is an influx of Brummies living down here so Villa, WBA , Wolves and Brum are quite well supported

However the majority of local football supporters follow City, you have a few who follow the dark side but they never actually go to the matches.

C.T.I.D

:city: :goingup: :city:

Regarding City more so than R*vers there isn't much clarety, as there's more of us we're more well spread and are more prone to attraction than the Bluefew.

Not much help I know, but moreso now than ever due to well, Globalisation really you find City throughout the whole of Bristol as well as Somerset, South Gloucestershire and even West Witshire.

Regarding City more so than R*vers there isn't much clarety, as there's more of us we're more well spread and are more prone to attraction than the Bluefew.

Not much help I know, but moreso now than ever due to well, Globalisation really you find City throughout the whole of Bristol as well as Somerset, South Gloucestershire and even West Witshire.

And further afield. I've met at least 3 City fans in my local in Reading whilst watching the Sky games.

Edit: Just to reply to the original poster, sadly BS37 where I come from is full of Sags. One of them was an ex-next-door-neighbour and he used to give me some stick when they were briefly on top in the early 90s. Unfortunately, just as we re-asserted ourselves at the top of the local tree, he moved house, never to be seen again :bruce_h4h:

For the first 22 years of my life I lived in various parts of BS7.

I then had a BFPO number for nine years and since 1986, (like the Posh) I've had a PE2 postcode. I believe there are seven other City fans (three of them using this forum) living between South Lincs and Huntingdon who have PE postcodes.

I don't know I am probably wrong but Southmead even though it is just down the road from the gas seems to be quiet a heavy City area, most people I know at least prefer City to Rovers saying that I am probably wrong as I don't talk to many Rovers fans. :P

So chuck BS10 on there. ;)

I'm from southmead and always thought it was more rovers than city.do you live old estate or new?

I'm from southmead and always thought it was more rovers than city.do you live old estate or new?

New well Southmead road towards the Bawa.

I know people all through though but mainly older people than myself mainly my older brothers mates and they seem to be City fans from what I can remember, like I said I'm probably totally wrong I kinda of grew away from the estate when I left school and now only really chat to people to say hello.

I have seen a few of the faces at City though.

Bedminster, Knowle, Brislington, Hengrove, Whitchurch, Hartcliffe, Withywood, Bishopsworth, Ashton etc. etc.

Most of these are covered, I believe in BS3, BS4 and BS14, but, you might want to try a post code search to confirm that.

Hartcliffe BS13

I don't know I am probably wrong but Southmead even though it is just down the road from the gas seems to be quiet a heavy City area, most people I know at least prefer City to Rovers saying that I am probably wrong as I don't talk to many Rovers fans. :P

So chuck BS10 on there. ;)

That is quite correct. BS10 also covers Henbury and Brentry mainly city with a smattering of r**ers weirdos

Portishead is City through and through!

BS20 !!!

And don't foget your PILL neighbours although we do have a few gas heads over here but we are in talks with the council to move them out and are at the time of writing just managing to hold them back.

Could do with a hand in the trenches though

Always remember there being a fair few City fans in Dursley (we used to pick up there).

Not too many City fans in Gloucester (mainly Manure or egg chasers). Seem to remember Stroud valleys being Swindle.

Some City in FOD.

Me mam used to live there in Dursley. were quite a few who drank in the Kingshill Arms (I think) not many city there these days. Mostly manure, Hellski, and gooners.its just a commuter town

However in deepest Aylesbury there are at least three Cider Reds apart from meself, and that don't include the RAF Halton lads n lasses. I have seen City shirts up there too..Gas free zone too thankfully.............now about the Swinetowners, Barfdiff, and Scumwall.......

BS13 personally now

Although originally the Evil BS15 which is 80% Gas at least

Yep, BS15 is full of the evil ones, as is most of BS5, but I'm proud to say the majority of my mates are red and were all in/around the Kingswood area. :city:

Only just found out my little nephew went to watch them lose today. :disapointed2se: My brother-in-law is gas sadly enough. :disapointed2se::disapointed2se:

Archived