IGNORED

Lee Peacock

bcfcchris2016

i am dissapointed that peacock missed training today but still :angry: some fans might like that news because a few city fans don't want peacock to play any more games for city at all and think he is the worst since ian baird. Still i feel that is untrue but because Wilson won't decide to play him.

in shorter terms: What our your views on Peacock doubtful for tomorrow

I think the injury to Peacock may be a blessing if D.W. pairs up Miller and Roberts.

I still think Lita's best contribution comes from the bench and I still think our best forward partnership this season was Miller and Roberts.

I just hope that if goals come and the partnership does show its potential, D.W. doesn't throw Leapy straight back in as he did after the Barnsley cup game, despite the clear signs of promise there was at the time.

BTW, I do actually rate Leapy; I just think he NEEDS to be taken out of the firing line for his OWN good as much as the team. He certainly looks a very good player on the odd occasion his appearances have been from the bench.

So if DW plays Miller and Roberts up front and we dont score will everyone be slating them non stop and saying they should be sold? I wonder if then people will start shifting the blame off the front two then?!
In Roberts case, no more than he gets already which is a lot more than Peacock; certainly from the terraces if not so much on here.

I personally haven't and will not slate Peacock.

It just seems some people on here enjoy pointing the finger at one precise player as being the ONLY problem we have with the team. I think it's out of order some of the exact abuse shown against Peacock today. Next week it's bound to change from Peacock to Roberts or Miller I'd bet money on it.

It just seems some people on here enjoy pointing the finger at one precise player as being the ONLY problem we have with the team. I think it's out of order some of the exact abuse shown against Peacock today. Next week it's bound to change from Peacock to Roberts or Miller I'd bet money on it.
To be fair, both Roberts and Miller get there fair share of negative posts on here, although the posts for Miller are becoming more positive. But from watching my first game on Saturday, Roberts looks a player who, when on the ball, can excite fans and make things happen, and if he played up against a last defender would be a nightmare for opposing teams to play against. Miller has had to deal with moving to a new city, away from friends family etc, and having just spent the weekend with Lee, he has admitted at feeling lonely down there, which is bound to effect his football, also the continual reminder of how much he was bought for compared to other strikers doesnt help breed confidence, as i have said before his transfer fee has nothing to do with him , he just goes for how much he is sold, and remember he gave up a few options to go to higher division teams like Wigan to come to Ashton Gate because he knew he could become a success here. Robbo and Miller proved against Brighton there is the makings of a decent partnership there, but that was broken up with Peacock playing when he should have had to work to get his place back.

Having said all this, players can only answer back critism with a performance on the pitch, but I cant agree with fans hoping for Peacock to be injured for the Miller/Lita or Roberts partnership to blossom, even though it seems the only way it will be given a chance. Peacock is the top scorer for City, and had scored some important goals this season, his touch will come back and he will score goals again, but he is trying to hard to get a goal, and needs to be taken out the limelight for his own good, before he becomes a hate figure among the fans.

I just hope that some city players are reading these threads and are stung by the criticism of DW: if they have any respect for him they'll go out against Tranmere and die for him; Oldham showed passion and committment and wanted the ball; City didn't last saturday.

When you're on a bad run THAT'S how to play; roll your sleeves up, grit your teeth and fight for the damned points, not ponce about wimping out of 50-50s.

Archived