IGNORED

Kevin Betsy

Proper Job

don't think he had the best game today as I'm sure a few would agree. Seemed to struggle to beat his man and get a decent ball into the box. Especially in the second half. So what is it?

I've heard a few peoples comments ranging from:

> Lack of confidence

> Lack of ability

> Playing a level too high

> Too much expectation on him

I don't think its a lack of ability as he shone at Wycombe (admittidley a level below) and gave Chelsea the runaround over 2 legs in the League cup. He looked good in his first few games but seems to have lacked it lately. The crowd seem very quick to get on his back lately, which isnt nice for anyone to hear, but i do believe it seems to effect him more than most. He's definately trying to beat his man and he definatley has the pace and skills to do so. I know its frustrating but i think we need to be a little bit less quick to shout the jeers.

What do you think?

don't think he had the best game today as I'm sure a few would agree. Seemed to struggle to beat his man and get a decent ball into the box. Especially in the second half. So what is it?

I've heard a few peoples comments ranging from:

> Lack of confidence

> Lack of ability

> Playing a level too high

> Too much expectation on him

I don't think its a lack of ability as he shone at Wycombe (admittidley a level below) and gave Chelsea the runaround over 2 legs in the League cup. He looked good in his first few games but seems to have lacked it lately. The crowd seem very quick to get on his back lately, which isnt nice for anyone to hear, but i do believe it seems to effect him more than most. He's definately trying to beat his man and he definatley has the pace and skills to do so. I know its frustrating but i think we need to be a little bit less quick to shout the jeers.

What do you think?

He hasn't the confidence to take a player on, he will try to cut inside, not sure what to do next then lose the ball. He's a frustrating player who is nearly the weakest link. He wont cut it at a higher grade, not good enough for the championship.Hope he proves me wrong, but i think not.

Nothing went for him today, he had a mare of a game and never looked like changing it. He looked unconfident, unfit, slow, and a second off the pace. Techincally he is always good, he put in some good crosses, but IMO he lacks the spark that Murray has to get past his man and produce that little bit of magic a winger needs most of the time.

He's a winger. They're the very definition of inconsistent.

I thought he had a very good game today. First off he was up against Alan Wright who is undoubted quality. Second, although he didn't skin his man at every opportunity, he hardly ever gave the ball away unless he was putting it into the danger area.

I've been impressed with him and I think he's a clever player, he can be relied on to provide a volume of supply into the box which is more than you can say for most. What we actually lack is a striker on the edge of the 6 yard box connecting with balls in.

I thought he had a very good game today. First off he was up against Alan Wright who is undoubted quality. Second, although he didn't skin his man at every opportunity, he hardly ever gave the ball away unless he was putting it into the danger area.

I've been impressed with him and I think he's a clever player, he can be relied on to provide a volume of supply into the box which is more than you can say for most. What we actually lack is a striker on the edge of the 6 yard box connecting with balls in.

Top assessment Nibor. Agree completely.

I think that is very fair, and the striker comment a top point.

Still, I think he might have tried to get to the by-line a bit more over the 90 minutes, as the Forest defence never looked comfortable with balls into the centre.

Our strikers more often than not are the ones who help get the ball out wide but then seem very slow to get into the danger area where the ball is about to go.

Must have said that at least three times today during the game. If they're going out wide they absolutely must make a beeline for the box after the winger/full back has the ball.

What you say about the strikers is very true. Showumni when he came on was rarely in a position where he could make his height and strength tell. However Betsy was very poor on the ball, no first touch, a weak cross and a reluctance to shoot when in good positions. He gave away the ball more than any other player. Has speed in abundance but he rarely makes the right runs.

Thats another very good point. How many GOOD crosses went into the box today with nobody in there?

2nd half,one very good cross from.... Wilson.. and louis was there..... :doh:

Betsy seemed to freeze today and i had a good view from front of h block. just when you want him to drive at them( and Alan Wright was ok but nothing special) he dithered today.Also drifted inside again second half leaving us no outlet on the wide until , i presume, being told to get back out there.

don't wanna carp too much though as the lads did well today and were the better team, imho :englandsmile4wf:

He reminds me of Aaron Brown - can play a blinder for a couple of games, and then go missing for a few more. He also seems a confidence player just like Aaron, and we all know what happened when the crowd started to get on his back - we may as well have been playing with 10 men!!!

Personally I've not been impressed with him so far, but then again perhaps I'm being harsh. He has bags of pace, and should be able to get past most defenders, but the final product seems to be somewhat lacking.

I suppose time will only tell if he's going to be a decent signing or not.

Guest ashtonyate

Its a funny game how people see things different. I thought he played well he made some good runs and was try to link midfield and attack

That Ryan Giggs blows hot and cold doesn't he? This is total nonsense.

You thought wrong then. He had a lot of possesion in the second half and I can't recall a single good cross into the box. He constantly lost the ball through being pushed off it despite being in posssesion.

Errr, a volume of supply? Yeah, right.

You do at least have the last sentence right.

Fair assessment of his performance. some of his passing was a tad wayward, but he looked good to me. Others round me didnt agree though.

I thought he a very good game too; improving as the game went on.

His end product wasn't always there but he ran his socks off; he was full of running all afternoon and was an excellent outlet for taking the pressure of our defence.

He reminds me of Cotterill. If his end product was better, then I have no doubt he would have spent his career to date at a higher level.

I think some of you are being a tad harsh on Betsy. I thought he played ok

and he used his pace to get us out of a few difficult situations this afternoon.

He is a very good and skillfull player, OK his crossing wasn't the best but

then who's was?

KB is a very exciting player and he has done well for us so far since

we signed him, so lets get off his back and get behind the team.

Paul.

That Ryan Giggs blows hot and cold doesn't he? This is total nonsense.

That's a silly comment. Ryan Giggs is the best left winger there has been in football in the last 30 years.

You thought wrong then. He had a lot of possesion in the second half and I can't recall a single good cross into the box. He constantly lost the ball through being pushed off it despite being in posssesion.

He put the ball into the box a great deal, some of his crosses could have been better but the point is he got it in there and once it's in there anything can happen.

He most certainly didn't give the ball away much he was fouled quite a few times and the ref didn't help him.

Errr, a volume of supply? Yeah, right.

You do at least have the last sentence right.

That's one more than you managed then.

That's a silly comment. Ryan Giggs is the best left winger there has been in football in the last 30 years.

He put the ball into the box a great deal, some of his crosses could have been better but the point is he got it in there and once it's in there anything can happen.

He most certainly didn't give the ball away much he was fouled quite a few times and the ref didn't help him.

That's one more than you managed then.

Miiiiiaooooow.

"some of his crosses could have been better" - again, name me the one (just one!) cross that hurt the Forest defence.

He had plenty of possesion today but came up with no end product and he frequently gave the ball away by being bustled off it. Either you watched a different game today or you watched a different game.

Miiiiiaooooow.

"some of his crosses could have been better" - again, name me the one (just one!) cross that hurt the Forest defence.

He had plenty of possesion today but came up with no end product and he frequently gave the ball away by being bustled off it. Either you watched a different game today or you watched a different game.

Giving the ball away and being manhandled off it when a foul should be given aren't the same thing for me.

Some of his crosses would have caused a great deal of pain if there'd been a striker on the end of them. Some were weak. But it works both ways, just like every Tinnion needs a Murray running into space - every winger needs a striker to aim at and that's where we lacked.

Betsy wasn't brilliant today but he wasn't poor either. He brought the ball out of our half on the floor many many times and most times it went into the box or another City player.

You're right, KB did retain possession very well.

However, because he was predominantly facing Alan Wright on the right flank, I wish he had attempted to beat him on the outside on occasions during the second half.

For example, by continually playing the ball back to Orr, to hoist crosses into the six-yard box, or delivering them too early himself, Forest's defenders were facing away from goal and easily contained City's forward threat.

Facing their own goal would have been a far more difficult proposition, but Betsy seemed to lack the confidence to test Wright mentally, as well as physically, by alternating his movement.

Giving the ball away and being manhandled off it when a foul should be given aren't the same thing for me.

Some of his crosses would have caused a great deal of pain if there'd been a striker on the end of them. Some were weak. But it works both ways, just like every Tinnion needs a Murray running into space - every winger needs a striker to aim at and that's where we lacked.

Betsy wasn't brilliant today but he wasn't poor either. He brought the ball out of our half on the floor many many times and most times it went into the box or another City player.

Totally agree.

We seem to be very good at putting the ball into the space where either the striker hasn't got to yet, or has just moved away from!

I guess it all comes down to understanding, and as we all know we still haven't worked out which is the best partnerships or been able to play players regularly. Betsy hasn't been with us very long and has had some big life changes in the past few weeks too, still settling in methinks.

I agree with most of this. :D My contention is that I thought he was "manhandled" off the ball far too easily on a number of occasions. And surely a winger shouldn't just lump the ball into the area and then blame the forwards if they aren't there?

However, I agree his job would be easier if we had a forward busting a lung trying to get into the six yard box. But we don't (apart from Smith perhaps).

Archived