IGNORED

Defensive Forest

Robbored

No wonder the Forest faithfull moan about Calderwood and his tactics.Once they went a goal up they barely had a goal effort for the remainder of the game.He even changed formation to accomodate the 'men behind ball' formation.Must have been very frustrating from their point of view.

Forest never looked like threatening Basso's goal which made it easier to watch from a City persective but I was very disapointed with the Forest attitude.Calderwood did the same at the City ground when they managed to hold on for pretty much 80mins.

As for City - with so much posession I was disapointed that we didn't create more clear chances.Two good saves from the Forest 'keeper in the first half and a close effort from Betsy.Second half much the same.Carey heading over and Johnson going close. Fact is City didn't look like breaking them down with no cutting edge. We are clearly lacking a goal poacher like Tony Thorpe or Shaun Goater. Jevons ain't the answer imo.

If City make it into the Championship then a quality striker has to be the top of Johnson's shopping list.

Overall - not a bad result.Things remain as they were.

A point was probably fair since we started and ended well and you had us on the rack in between. I have to say though that Carey wrestled Holt to the floor and it was an absolute stonewall pen. Ref bottled it.

I'm not sure which incident you're referring to, as I recall there were several where Holt threw himself to the ground at the earliest opportunity. If it so happens that there was a vague chance one of them might have been a foul he can blame himself for being a diving pussy for the rest of the game :)

The ref gave us sod all throughout, even overruling his linesman to deny us decisions.

Reoccuring theme..

The midfield (mainly Skuse and Noble) cannot hit a barn door.

Obviously Noble didnt play today, but thinking of the chance when the ball was layed off to Skuse perfectly, just to hit it sweetly into the corner and he dragged it wide.

The midfielders are awful at shooting. Just awful.

Had they more ability I think we'd put more teams to bed!

Speaking of penalties, how many times was Betsy hauled down 2 handedly by a Forest defender in the box?

Saw it happen at least twice, stonewall.

So Forest can moan about nothing.

A point was probably fair since we started and ended well and you had us on the rack in between. I have to say though that Carey wrestled Holt to the floor and it was an absolute stonewall pen. Ref bottled it.

What was your view on the Lester-Prutton sub?

If GJ had made a similar move (Russell for Brooker let's say) I'd be apoplectic! I now understand the complaints about his negative tactics. Holt wound me up but was a real threat all game, even when on the back foot. Prutton strutted about but would have expected more from a player who must cost a bomb and is meant to be a Forest lad.

Hope you enjoyed the day out and hope you'll still post over the course of the run-in, as your obserations are always interesting.

Got to say when holt went down, I and the fellows around me in the Dolman said we would have wanted a pen if it had been the other way round! Then again Holt was falling over at every opprtunity and the ref had a word when he blatantly dived in the corner of the east end /Dolman about 5 minutes before the Carey tussle. Think he made up the refs mind with his antics.

Serves the cheating git right!

UP THE CITY!!!!!

What was your view on the Lester-Prutton sub?

If GJ had made a similar move (Russell for Brooker let's say) I'd be apoplectic! I now understand the complaints about his negative tactics. Holt wound me up but was a real threat all game, even when on the back foot. Prutton strutted about but would have expected more from a player who must cost a bomb and is meant to be a Forest lad.

Hope you enjoyed the day out and hope you'll still post over the course of the run-in, as your obserations are always interesting.

We werent pleased because of the formation it meant. Prutton should have been on from the start and Mcgugan never got going. Grant Holt played superbly well today though as did Chambers (3) who saved our skins on many occasions. Many forest fans have given up but in the context of the season a point at Bristol City is a very good one. All our last six games are winnable and 4 pts isnt much so its going to be very tight I think. The fans were maginificent today too, probably our best singing display of the season we never stopped.

We werent pleased because of the formation it meant. Prutton should have been on from the start and Mcgugan never got going. Grant Holt played superbly well today though as did Chambers (3) who saved our skins on many occasions. Many forest fans have given up but in the context of the season a point at Bristol City is a very good one. All our last six games are winnable and 4 pts isnt much so its going to be very tight I think. The fans were maginificent today too, probably our best singing display of the season we never stopped.

Never stopped? you did after 10minutes!!

Don't you find it anoying how your manager is backing us to lose 2 of our last 6 and you win all 6?! When if he stayed attacking you could have got all 3 points?

I'm not sure Forest came down for a defensive display today. Tactics change depending on what happens on the pitch.

Ask yourself, if City went 1-0 up at S****horpe, after 5 minutes, would you expect to see an attacking display for the rest of the game? I don't think we can be too harsh on Forest for how they played. A point away from home against a team higher in the table than you is nothing to sneeze at. Although come the end of the season they may regret not being that little bit more adventurous.

As for the penalty shout, I can only echo the above. If Holt wasnt throwing himself about like an Olympic Diver the ref may have had another look at it.

The fans were maginificent today too, probably our best singing display of the season we never stopped.

I was surprised just how quiet you all were. Don't get me wrong, there was a good atmosphere in the ground on all sides but other teams at the Gate this season have made far more noise.

Perhaps I'm just going deaf!

I was surprised just how quiet you all were. Don't get me wrong, there was a good atmosphere in the ground on all sides but other teams at the Gate this season have made far more noise.

Perhaps I'm just going deaf!

You said the same last year and we were just as vocal then. You made no noise at all apart from when you scored.

Maybe its the acoustics of the ground that we couldnt hear you and you couldnt hear us.

You said the same last year and we were just as vocal then. You made no noise at all apart from when you scored.

Maybe its the acoustics of the ground that we couldnt hear you and you couldnt hear us.

I agree to an extent! When ive been in the east end before, ive thought we were really loud, got out and people were saying it was quiet!

But ive heard others make more noise (Cov, Rovers, boro)

i actually think you'll come unstuck at millwall next week

In the first half we carved out a fair number of opportunities.

I do think we were too negative in the second half but this really was a game we couldn't afford to lose. I still think Tyson should have come on earlier though with Prutton starting.

I think thats fair. you settled for the draw far too early. some of your fans I spoke to in the Tobacco Factory reckoned they would be happy to get a point. Calderwood obviously agreed.

That said had any of our strikers hit the target, reckon you might have got nowt at all.

Likewise. Only heard you for about 15 minutes after you scored. I was in the Atyeo opposite your lot.

I was very surprised by Forests tactics, they needed the 3 points not just to keep the pressure on City, but also to stay in touch with Scunny. Obviously they could not be reckless, but to go 4-5-1 and invite us to attack seemed like a tame surrender, and a complete waste of 3 high quality strikers. Keep those tactics for the remaining 3 away games and they'll be lucky to win one of them!

Archived