IGNORED

Millennium - was there today, priceless experience !

headhunter

Having made the mistake of booking a hotel on the assumption it would be us there today, rather than let money go to waste I went to the game with some feloow neutrals.

Great singing Goodnight Irene with my own words that I can't print here !!

1.05 PM and I'm in dreamland - Flappers c*cked it for the first and then Heffernan showed why we signed him and should never have let him go.

I enjoyed my cup of tea at half time but then, damn it, they are back on level terms and looking like they might go on to win it.

Heffernan could have clinched it for Donny late on but Sullivan's two saves dennied Gas at the other end.

So to extra time and the smart money said Gas but then they seemed to sort of ease off before the joy of Donny's winner at the same end where we lost in 04.

Rovers fans were silenced.

It is wrong to ever smile inwardly at someone elses misfortune but today I made an exception and it was GREAT to see the faces looking just like I felt after the Brighton play off failure. They even lived up to City's usual "lift you up only to let you down" style - I mean to come back from 0-2 to equalise only to have defeat snatched from the jaws of potential success !!

Couple of observations from today :

Both clubs matchday announcers were let loose on the PA pre-match. The Doncaster bloke was a right *it whereas the Gasman was out of order saying "we've sold 41000 tickets which is 6k more than City - yeah right, we would have sold more than that if the allocation would have premitted it.

O'Conner of Donny - v.good right back, impressed me and later heard he was MOM ; probably don't need him though.

A great day - let's hope we don't have to go to Wembley to achieve our goal this season !!

Banners on the M4 - shame they weren't tied up so you could read them [payback time !!!!!]

Having made the mistake of booking a hotel on the assumption it would be us there today, rather than let money go to waste I went to the game with some feloow neutrals.

Great singing Goodnight Irene with my own words that I can't print here !!

1.05 PM and I'm in dreamland - Flappers c*cked it for the first and then Heffernan showed why we signed him and should never have let him go.

I enjoyed my cup of tea at half time but then, damn it, they are back on level terms and looking like they might go on to win it.

Heffernan could have clinched it for Donny late on but Sullivan's two saves dennied Gas at the other end.

So to extra time and the smart money said Gas but then they seemed to sort of ease off before the joy of Donny's winner at the same end where we lost in 04.

Rovers fans were silenced.

It is wrong to ever smile inwardly at someone elses misfortune but today I made an exception and it was GREAT to see the faces looking just like I felt after the Brighton play off failure. They even lived up to City's usual "lift you up only to let you down" style - I mean to come back from 0-2 to equalise only to have defeat snatched from the jaws of potential success !!

Couple of observations from today :

Both clubs matchday announcers were let loose on the PA pre-match. The Doncaster bloke was a right *it whereas the Gasman was out of order saying "we've sold 41000 tickets which is 6k more than City - yeah right, we would have sold more than that if the allocation would have premitted it.

O'Conner of Donny - v.good right back, impressed me and later heard he was MOM ; probably don't need him though.

A great day - let's hope we don't have to go to Wembley to achieve our goal this season !!

Banners on the M4 - shame they weren't tied up so you could read them [payback time !!!!!]

Crikey you made great time in getting home.

Watched most of the game on Sky.Thought it was very entertaining and the Gas fought back well and put on a good show. Phillips was at fault for two of the three goals.Got caught badly out of position for the first goal and stayed rooted ( no surprise there) to his line for the winner - a free header from a corner from 6 yards.....and he should have done better with the second.It wasn't that a good a finish from Heffernan when you see it on TV.

I wonder if the Gas faithfull will be as p1ssed off as we were are when commentators keep referring to our teams as 'Bristol'.

• Admin
Sky said that the attendance there today, was a record. Cant see how that was. didnt we sell 42,500 tickets for the Carlisle final, and they sell a number not much smaller?

Was 65,167 for Brighton play off final, and 50,913 for Carlisle match

I wonder if the Gas faithfull will be as p1ssed off as we were are when commentators keep referring to our teams as 'Bristol'.

Well "Rovers" would have been confusing.

Whenever Ron Atkinson used to commentate and Man Utd were playing he always called them United, even if they were playing Leeds Utd or Sheff Utd, and would then correct it to Man Utd when prompted. Useless commentator, they should have got rid of him based on lack of ability not on the Desailly comment.

Talking of daft old men I did hear that when Booby Robson was Engalnd manager he was storming round the aiport looking for "that little d### Beardsley who's going to miss his flight"; it was gently pointed out to the great man that he hadn't selected him.

And the last trophy winners in Cardiff are...... :winner_third_h4h:

Sky said that the attendance there today, was a record. Cant see how that was. didnt we sell 42,500 tickets for the Carlisle final, and they sell a number not much smaller?

It was the record attendance of the Football League trophy at cardiff under all the names it used while there. As we had a combined 50k there and there was just under 60k there today

Watched most of the game on Sky.Thought it was very entertaining and the Gas fought back well and put on a good show. Phillips was at fault for two of the three goals.Got caught badly out of position for the first goal and stayed rooted ( no surprise there) to his line for the winner - a free header from a corner from 6 yards.....and he should have done better with the second.It wasn't that a good a finish from Heffernan when you see it on TV.

Me too, agree they fought back more. But I think the Gas fans will be more hacked off that their team haven't played as well as that all season or they might have had a chance ot the real prize, promotion, not some trophy!

And the last trophy winners in Cardiff are...... :winner_third_h4h:
And we will forever be the last Bristol side to win a trophy there

It was the record attendance of the Football League trophy at Cardiff under all the names it used while there. As we had a combined 50k there and there was just under 60k there today
The reason why there was more there today was I think it was Donny's 1st appearance in the final so they took 20k and Cardiff isn't that far From Doncaster as it is from Carlisle. And then when we played Carlisle IIRC they were near or at the bottom of league two and also like us had been to a few previous finals so it wasn't so much of a big deal to them and not worth the 6 hour journey.

Another thing to note is about 20k that was there for the sags today was probable there for our two games there.

whereas the Gasman was out of order saying "we've sold 41000 tickets which is 6k more than City - yeah right, we would have sold more than that if the allocation would have premitted it.

Unbelievable, what a lying ****!!!!

We took 42,000 for our LDV Vans Final a few years ago. Rovers took around 38,000.

No doubt all those Sagheads are smug about that now....

Archived