IGNORED

Cats in your garden?

Barrs Court Red

I seem to be getting a couple of visitors of the unwanted feline variety.

Anyone know any good deterrents? I'm veering towards poison, snares and attack bunnies but am willing to try a peaceful resolution first.

Orange peel! Aparently they don't like the smell of cittrus.

Of course, if you can lay your hands on any lion dung then that will also help! :whistle: (link)

I like your attack bunny idea but for other purposes. :innocent06: Off to meddle with science....will be back with my results. Every seen a film called 28 Days Later...?

I have a cat and some come wandering in the cat flap, when i make a deep hummmmmmm they seem to get scared, also some are scared of carrier bags.

a while back my mums washing up sponges kept going missing and we just thought we may have lost them somewhere untill we see the pesky cat come in jump on the side take a sponge and run - cheeky barsteward, also he almost took my big car washing sponge sunday too.

I regulary take my 2 cats away with me to an alternative abode in the countryside. :winner_third_h4h:

Although they love hovering menacingly above rabbit holes, they soon skidaddle when they mistake the occupant and a badger or a fox emerge instead. :gaah::surrender:

One local cat even lost a leg in an altercation with a badger, who bit it off.:redcard:

Invest in your own badger or fox and your feline visitors will be markedly reduced. :yes:

My neighbour tried orange peel to stop my cat going next door, and it didnt work, just made his garden look stupid with lots of orange peel in the garden. But i spose not as bad as him getting on hands and knees cutting the grass with scissors.

We've had long-term problems with Cat-warfare in our street.

The Lord of the Manor at our gaff does not take kindly to intruders taking liberties so we leave the messy stuff to him.

Our Lady Cat thinks they're all pathetic and besides is more concerened with cleaning herself and generally looking beautiful.

I seem to be getting a couple of visitors of the unwanted feline variety.

Anyone know any good deterrents? I'm veering towards poison, snares and attack bunnies but am willing to try a peaceful resolution first.

Cat pepper, or citrus peelings usually work. worked on 5 out of 6 cats of ours. the odd one out was a rule unto himself

A big erfin great pump action water pistol does as well..that aint failed for me

Hmmm going by replies on here Cats seem hardy creatures.

I might take them prisoner and demand an apology

.... and then release them as a ''gift'' to catkind, awarding medals of bravery to err.... yourself for catching them, and telling the cat president to not punish them for telling the truth and to start looking after The Cats and not himself.

A close friend has pet rabbits which he cages at night. His neighbours cat was seen several times trying to get into the cage. Last week the cat was caught half in/out of the cage, a garden shovel was applied and the cat ended up in the dustbin.

IMO bunnies seem harmless enough as vegetarians, cats are terriotorial and very independant, dogs are devoted to their families and very loyal. These are generalities, however I have cats last on my list because they kill our native birds who belong here.

No more of that, the new law on animal cruelty coming in says you can be put away for these sorts of things :punish: .

I'm not for cruelty towards animals but I do hate cat crap in my garden.

Cats need to be subject to some form of ownership legislation and the owners should have to be responsible for their cats, just like dogs owners are....... ?

I'm not for cruelty towards animals but I do hate cat crap in my garden.

Cats need to be subject to some form of ownership legislation and the owners should have to be responsible for their cats, just like dogs owners are....... ?

Dunno hw you make owners resposible..cats do as they please. all you can do it stop their worst antics, ie bringing in the local wildlife.

You caint walk em, you caint put em on a lead, you caint control em, like you can a dog.

Cat pepper stops most cats cr@pping in your garden

Dunno hw you make owners resposible..cats do as they please. all you can do it stop their worst antics, ie bringing in the local wildlife.

You caint walk em, you caint put em on a lead, you caint control em, like you can a dog.

Cat pepper stops most cats cr@pping in your garden

True....... but the cat owner should have to pay for it

I'd also like to agree with this....... another point as well as the mention of 'Cat Runs'

see link.

http://www.abcbirds.org/cats/

............. buy two tiny Rovers shirts, and send them to Brislington!!.

:icecream:

That'll put the Herr Doktors goats into the porky class.

The erfin gurt water pistol is the best idea......as someone said, they don't like gettin wet, unless they have to. :rolleyes:

.... and then release them as a ''gift'' to catkind, awarding medals of bravery to err.... yourself for catching them, and telling the cat president to not punish them for telling the truth and to start looking after The Cats and not himself.

Will they be allowed to tell their side of the story to the press? :innocent06:

Archived