IGNORED

The Big Question

Dorset_Cider

Will Danny be playing Peacock on crutches or zimmer frame Wednesday?

It's the big question  ;)

At £600,000 paid, Lee Peacock is Danny Wilson's star signing. Lee Peacock hasn't exactly set Div 2 on fire with his goals but neither has Danny Wilson with his BCFC management ;)

At £600,000 paid, Lee Peacock is Danny Wilson's star signing. Lee Peacock hasn't exactly set Div 2 on fire with his goals but neither has Danny Wilson with his BCFC management  ;)
Careful you'll get panned like I did months ago for saying this about he who never gets subbed (Er no pun intended!!)

Get rid of him NOW, he never was, or, will never be a decent striker, The Mancs saw DW coming when they stit...sorry transferred him to us.

gotta be among the worst signings we ever made!

Wilson, nice guy, eccentric management decisions is probably the best you can put it. Bet Wigan really are pleased he chose us now!! The Era of the Winter Blunderland are perhaps drawing to an indifferent close. Sad coming in with so much hope, but its a damp squib, so it is!

I think we may as well get behind LEE as he is still a Bristol City player regardless. He is going through a poor patch at the moment which everyone goes through and it is not his fault if the manager continually picks him. I think he should have been dropped yes, but it's no good slateing him otherwise he will never get his confidence back and we need our main striker back in scoring form for the run in.

Blame Wilson, not Peacock. Any decent manager would have seen he is on a low at the moment so should have taken him out of the limelight, put his arm round him and gave him some support, and put him into a few reserves game where he can get the feel of hitting the back of the net back.

I think we may as well get behind LEE as he is still a Bristol City player regardless. He is going through a poor patch at the moment which everyone goes through and it is not his fault if the manager continually picks him. I think he should have been dropped yes, but it's no good slateing him otherwise he will never get his confidence back and we need our main striker back in scoring form for the run in.

Blame Wilson, not Peacock. Any decent manager would have seen he is on a low at the moment so should have taken him out of the limelight, put his arm round him and gave him some support, and put him into a few reserves game where he can get the feel of hitting the back of the net back.

At last someone talks sense on the Peacock front!!!

Yes, maybe he is below par at the moment and maybe your oppinion of him is he was a waste of £600k from the start but get off his back please?! The abuse he recieves on this forum is incredible and un-deserved. What if he does read this forum and has taken your comments to heart?! Quite unprofessional i know but still.... I'll be the first to hold my hand up and say he needs a rest. His goals have completley dried up and his effort is not being paid off. Just lay off of him and see what our other centre forwards can come up with. I wonder if they will recieve the same critisism if they dont provide the goods?! ;)

.... Just waiting for "Citygal9 your just biast" comments now ;)

I'm probably one of Peacock's biggest critics on this forum; but I don't slag him off when he plays (well, not so anyone can here anyway!).

On here though, he's fair and justified game, IMHO.

One Team

It's funny though who is fair game. Peacock, Roberts, Butler, Carey, Aaron and a couple of others you can say anything about and no problem.

Dare to criticise

Toblerone feet, can't make a pass Hill OR

Cement feet, can't move won't move Phillipps OR

Can score, can't do much else Lita OR

I smoke and drink far too much Doherty

then you get absolutely slated. Load of poo really ;)

"The abuse he recieves on this forum is incredible and un-deserved."

Errrr....why? Where is your argument here?

No goals in 13 starts? Lack-lustre performances. No pace, no skill, barely a shot on target and a complete waste of 600K.

Hardly undeserved.

One Team

"The abuse he recieves on this forum is incredible and un-deserved."

Errrr....why?  Where is your argument here?

No goals in 13 starts?  Lack-lustre performances.  No pace, no skill, barely a shot on target and a complete waste of 600K.

Hardly undeserved.

One Team

Read Neo's comments, might make more sense to you....

What really is the point of a thread like this! What a complete waste of time and space, a whole thread dedicated to see how much more you idiots can slag off Peacock. Ok the forum is for airing views but what's the point of saying the same boring argument in every thread! It's getting quite dull, and Dorset surely you should be supporting Bournemouth?! We don't need supporters like you.

Guest superbob

Have i been watching different games to half of you?????????

Peacock may not be scoring like he was at the start of the season, but he is still our top scoring. Does that not suggest that however bad his performances are of late that he is still the best striker we have.

Ok he aint scoring but at least he works for it, he fights for the ball he makes tackles when we need it. If you wanna slate a striker try Miller!!!!!

Miller is a white Emile Hesky, he spends most of his time on his ass. For a man of his height you would think he could stand up to most defences, not fall over like a sack of ###t.

When talking of a waste of money Miller should be the one named not peacock.

We have to get someone on loan or Wilson is going to blow our chances of promotion. ;)

At last someone talks sense on the Peacock front!!!

Yes, maybe he is below par at the moment and maybe your oppinion of him is he was a waste of £600k from the start but get off his back please?! The abuse he recieves on this forum is incredible and un-deserved. What if he does read this forum and has taken your comments to heart?! Quite unprofessional i know but still.... I'll be the first to hold my hand up and say he needs a rest. His goals have completley dried up and his effort is not being paid off. Just lay off of him and see what our other centre forwards can come up with. I wonder if they will recieve the same critisism if they dont provide the goods?!  ;)

.... Just waiting for "Citygal9 your just biast" comments now  ;)

No not going to say you are biased. You obviously rate him as a player. I never have I'm afraid.

My earlier comments re Leapy are accurate. It s not entirely his fault. As much of the ridiculous length of time he has had a run in the side are down to DW. But at £600,000,we expect better, from our No 9. Remember Forbes (Luton) out for a while through injury has the same number of goals, as does Judas, despite playing less, and a good number of these he has been a sub.

He is not a patch on any of these: Ade, Goat, Super Bob, Wayney, Shutty. He is another Jones, Torpey, Beadle, all enthusiasm, but not what we need

He is a second striker, or a super sub, but as a No 9, he is the proverbial chocolate teapot. The extended run he has undeservedly had, is one of the reasons we have been so poor lately, along with Butler's dismal season so far.

The sooner Peacock goes the better-he certainly on this seasons form aint worth a new contract, if indeed he has been trying to(As has widely been discussed).

He is one of our senior pros as well for chrissake along with Mickey Bell, and Tins. Mickey probably wont be here next season either, being transfer listed, and Tins is coming to the end of his distuinguished career, which makes Peacocks season less impressive still. As senior pro if he aint getting the service, he should be getting it changed to suit. Our players aint that poor they cant learn? If they are please chat to DW, about that, but no they aint that poor.

Aint no way you can justify anything for Peacock this year, and I sure hope he aint offered a new contract.

Sorry if that p***** people off, but we are a skint Div 2 sided and we CANNOT carry players, and he is one being carried. He may find a career as a midfielder as most of his good work has been like that of a central midfielder, but striker, er no, dont think so.

Fair dues to him though, if he hadnt trained last week, why was he played if not fit? Crazy, out of form, and unfit, that is the quickest way to destroy a guys career. Wilson you were out of order, letting Peacock start. there again you didnt do a lot right Saturday, apart from turning up did you?

Why don't we just delete 12 goals from our goals for column would that make you all happy?!

Players have bad runs of form but to be honest I don't there is any need to throw such abuse at the clubs top scorer. Just because we're losing a few you all come out pointing your fingers trying to blame one single player as always, this time the name you've picked out the hat is Peacock!

Peacock will be back and he ain't going anywhere so I'll be coming back to laugh in all yuor faces when he gets us some vital goals later in the season. But by then you fickle lot will of moved onto someone else to attack!

Just grow up and learn that Peacock isn't the only player off form right now!

Have i been watching different games to half of you?????????

Peacock may not be scoring like he was at the start of the season, but he is still our top scoring. Does that not suggest that however bad his performances are of late that he is still the best striker we have.

Ok he aint scoring but at least he works for it, he fights for the ball he makes tackles when we need it. If you wanna slate a striker try Miller!!!!!

Miller is a white Emile Hesky, he spends most of his time on his ass. For a man of his height you would think he could stand up to most defences, not fall over like a sack of ###t.

When talking of a waste of money Miller should be the one named not peacock.

We have to get someone on loan or Wilson is going to blow our chances of promotion. ;)

Yeah lets deflect the blame onto another player to make people happy.

Why dont we just back all the players who are playing, and give them much needed confidence. The biggest shock from Saturdays game I felt was the lack of players looking to get on the ball and make things happen, many players hid from play and didnt look interested. The only players lookings for the ball all the time were Tins, Miller and Lita, and some extent Roberts. They were the only players I saw who were willing to put there foot on the ball and try and open up the Oldham defence, instead of aimlessly hoping to hit Millers head for a knock down to Lita or a shot at goal.

The front two, whoever they have been this season, have been starved of the one thing any good striker needs, SERVICE. Too many times the front two have to pull onto a wing to try and make things happen themselves which isnt right.

Peacock is the top scorer but isnt firing, give him time out of the team and not just because he is injured, he is trying to hard score when if he would just learn to relax like the begining of the season his goals would flow again. Miller is a link up player who will get you a good return of goals if the service is right, his main strength is heading, good crosses will equal goals, every cross on Saturday went straight into the keepers hands. Lita will soon be getting slated on this because he didnt score on Saturday, his main strength is running at tired defences, although I admit he needs to start if he is ever going to lose his super sub tag.

The main point I see is your forward line is young, and they will be there for years to come, they will develop into a deadly partnership which many clubs will envy.

So get off PEACOCKS & MILLERS BACKS, without decent service they cant SCORE

Well done Whitey that's a spot on post, good balanced argument and all makes sense. Just shows it is possible to make a good point without needing to slag off the players you are talking about.

I think you're right give the front men some service and then we'll start scoring.

The players just need to relax into it, a lot of the long balls are panic passes, we've got the ability to pass the ball on the deck so lets have more confidence in playing like that.

Guest superbob
good crosses will equal goals, every cross on Saturday went straight into the keepers hands.

Very true, what is it with the crosses and the wing play at the moment, even when Brown was playing the crosses were limited and always either to the keeper or driven in low easy for a defender to clear.

I take it back (my previous dig at Miller) no individual player is to blame. we simply are not creating the chances. The players seem to lack the hunger. I think Tommy was missed on saturday he leads by example. Hopefully DW will get the line up right for port vale, and the players will start playing for automatic promotion rather than setteling for the playoffs.

>Read Neo's comments, might make more sense to you....

I can see where you're coming from, but I'll quite happily (angrily) have a pop at anyone who isn't performing and have done previously, as well as applauding those that play well.

My personal opinion (which is ALL it is, after all and what I thought this forum was for?) is that Lee Peacock is most under performing player we have and a major factor in our lack of success in recent matches.

I'm not even 100% sure its all his fault; I mean, Danny keeps picking him regardless of form.

I appreciate you rate him, CityGal - we'll have to agree to disagree.

One Team

ps I'll eat huge amounts of humble pie if he does begin scoring again and attempt to fulfil his potential.

still rate Peacock, and think this has been an ok season for him, but why play 2 players almost identical up front together?

Its like playing Peter Crouch with Niall Quinn together..

One of em NEEDS to play with Lita or Roberts and loan in a right winger - simple..

Come on Danny!!

CHRIS FOR BCFC MANAGER SUMMER 2004!!

In response to Superbob

I think if Danny Wilson could get someone in on loan who will do nothing else but play right wing, occasionally beat a player if need be, but cross all night long with a good number of the crosses being good quality, the forwards at City would have no problem in scoring, especially the two Lee's, Miller in particular I feel.

For the Tranmere game we need to start Roberts up there with Miller, and see the difference. No offence to Lita, but he looks like he wasnt as up for the game as he was against Rushden, where he was all over the defence, causing havoc, although I think this was just pure adrenaline which was carring him through, Saturday the sparkle had gone. Miller looked lively against Oldham, without being over threatening, mainly because he wasnt in the box, he was on the right & left wings trying to create openings & putting in the type of balls he is looking for himself. Although Roberts didnt get a good review, i feel he has the burst of pace the frighten the life out of defences, and a Miller flick on, which when on his game he will win 99% of, Roberts will be in on goal.

The Miller/Roberts partnership looked good at Brighton, i have just watched the highlights on BCFC World, they ripped that defence apart, and can do the same to Tranmere & Port Vale on the Saturday if given the chance.

Just one last point, can anyone remember when the Hartlepool manager described the partnership of Miller/Peacock as being devastating ( or something along those lines ) after the 2-1 win up there. How times change I guess?

Guest superbob

I agree, we should stop playing guys outa position. Give Robbo a chance upfront with Peacock out and off form what other choice does DW have.

Roberts and lita are both runners, up front we need the mix. With Miller having the ariel advantage he has to start, so we are left with who to partner him. Lita is playing well at the moment so would seem the obvious choice but as its been stated he didnt look as up for it as he does when he comes on as a sub.

Roberts has gotta get a chance soon. he has the pace and when he is running at defences they either back off him, giving him room to set up his partner or take a shot, or they hack him down to stop him, giving us a free kick. Which aint bad (as long as its taken well) Enuff of this short pass stuff get the ball in and lets see what Miller can really do.

What really is the point of a thread like this! What a complete waste of time and space, a whole thread dedicated to see how much more you idiots can slag off Peacock. Ok the forum is for airing views but what's the point of saying the same boring argument in every thread! It's getting quite dull, and Dorset surely you should be supporting Bournemouth?! We don't need supporters like you.

Sorry Nailsea, are you having a bad day or something?

Your posts today just seem a bit tense.

What is the point of any of it, the team, the forum, life & the universe

If you don't like my posts because they are not hardcore moaning or cheering (Oh I do those as well ) just don't read them.

;) ......... no problemo ;)

Oh just one point if you read my original thread above it does not slag off Peacock but asks will Danny play him with crutches or zimmer frame.

I'd say Danny would have more cause to get upset but I think he might even raise a smile at that.... well maybe

Roberts has gotta get a chance soon. he has the pace and when he is running at defences they either back off him, giving him room to set up his partner or take a shot, or they hack him down to stop him, giving us a free kick. Which aint bad (as long as its taken well) Enuff of this short pass stuff get the ball in and lets see what Miller can really do.
I just can't get over the fact that with a Beadle type Christian Roberts did so well last season...... Yet he has had more undeserved stick from many this season being played out of position and without that Beadle type target man.

Not even praising Beadle here but it did work.... Peacock and anybody does not seem to work well.... draw your own conclussions.

Is this a Peacock slag off..... hardly just a comment

I just can't get over the fact that with a Beadle type Christian Roberts did so well last season...... Yet he has had more undeserved stick from many this season being played out of position and without that Beadle type target man.

Not even praising Beadle here but it did work.... Peacock and anybody does not seem to work well.... draw your own conclussions.

Is this a Peacock slag off..... hardly just a comment

I take it this is a comment which backs up the call for a Miller & Robbo partnership up front.

I think they will compliment each other well which will lead to goals, and the team winning again, but winning with style and ease. The situation right now doesnt suit Lee Miller, and I know everything doesnt have revolve round him, but with Peacock out for a few games Miller becomes your main striker. Last season at Falkirk he played up front with Owen Coyle or Colin Samuel. Owen Coyle was a wily old striker who was always there reading Lee's flick ons and little touches, which lead to Lee getting 17 goals, Coyle 24 i think. Then there was Colin Samuel, probably the fastest striker i have seen at that level. He was lighting, and although he wasnt the worlds greatest finisher, he scored i think 15 goals.

I think Robbo has the attributes to be a player in the mould or Coyle & Samuel which will compliment Millers forward play. The game against Brighton showed they can do it, and it showed promise, but Peacock came back and Robbo was dropped. I'm not saying Peacock shouldnt have came back in, but not right away, but when he did come back he did score a few goals. This is the perfect opportunity to experiment with the forward line, and if it all fails get Peacock back in. But Danny please try Robbo/Miller one more time. ;)

I take it this is a comment which backs up the call for a Miller & Robbo partnership up front.

I think they will compliment each other well which will lead to goals, and the team winning again, but winning with style and ease. The situation right now doesnt suit Lee Miller, and I know everything doesnt have revolve round him, but with Peacock out for a few games Miller becomes your main striker. Last season at Falkirk he played up front with Owen Coyle or Colin Samuel. Owen Coyle was a wily old striker who was always there reading Lee's flick ons and little touches, which lead to Lee getting 17 goals, Coyle 24 i think. Then there was Colin Samuel, probably the fastest striker i have seen at that level. He was lighting, and although he wasnt the worlds greatest finisher, he scored i think 15 goals.

I think Robbo has the attributes to be a player in the mould or Coyle & Samuel which will compliment Millers forward play. The game against Brighton showed they can do it, and it showed promise, but Peacock came back and Robbo was dropped. I'm not saying Peacock shouldnt have came back in, but not right away, but when he did come back he did score a few goals. This is the perfect opportunity to experiment with the forward line, and if it all fails get Peacock back in. But Danny please try Robbo/Miller one more time. ;)

I think Lee Miller needs to bulk out a little, he seems to get knocked off the ball a bit to easy but he's good with his head..... why not give the guy a go up with Christian Roberts.....

But sadly I've been told that I should support AFC Bournemouth and that Bristol City does not need my kind of support.........

Funny because on my map Nailsea....... Ain't in Bristol either ;)

So I'm not changing the habits of a lifetime

COME ON YOU REDS!

I think Lee Miller needs to bulk out a little, he seems to get knocked off the ball a bit to easy but he's good with his head..... why not give the guy a go up with Christian Roberts.....

But sadly I've been told that I should support AFC Bournemouth and that Bristol City does not need my kind of support.........

Funny because on my map Nailsea....... Ain't in Bristol either  ;)

So I'm not changing the habits of a lifetime

COME ON YOU REDS!

You really want me to bite back dont ya :P Today is my tell everyone who moans that they shuold support a different team you not realised that yet! :P

Archived