IGNORED

Supporter of the Year update

tompo

You will have probably seen a pinned thread at the top of the forum about the award for Bristol City Supporter of the Year.

The original idea was for fans to write in with their nominations. However, you can now submit nominations for the Supporter of the Year electronically by clicking here.

The Supporter of the Year award will be decided by the players and will be presented on May 8 at the Supporters Club/Supporters Trust Player of the Year award ceremony to be held on Tuesday May 8 in the Dolman Exhibition Hall.

Voting for the player of the year and the Young Player of the Year will be restricted to members of the Supporters Club and the Supporters Trust and they will also be given priority for purchasing tickets, until they are put on general sale.

This is another good reason to take advantage of our £5 for 6 months membership deal. Please visit http://www.bristolcityst.org.uk/trust_news...cle000262.shtml for more details.

Tickets will be on sale very shortly at £5 each and further information on how to get hold of them and the night itself will be published very soon.

Fingers crossed that it will also be a promotion party.

What makes you supporter of the year then?

I'm not making any claim on the title.

Hundreds of City fans are more deserving of the award than me. I'm just giving it a bit of publicity.

Thanks for keeping the post near the top of the forum though. :clapping:

How are we supposed to know this by the way; meaning how do we know who has been to the most games away/home or travelled the most miles to see home or away; we just don't know;

Surely there can be only one winner outside of whos been to travelled the most miles etc; Red Top by a mile but that is all we actually know. There could be some more deserving soul who isnt even a member of this elite forum :whistle2:

I like ARNY AND HIS BOOBIES MYSELF brought many a smile to many gloomy winters nights, :tounge:

Is it just for people on this website or is it for all City fans?

All City fans who know about this or S.T`s website I suppose :dunno: apart from the "one" thats weird :mafia:

Is it just for people on this website or is it for all City fans?

Its for all City fans across the board.

The idea is that if you know someone that you feel is an extra special City fan in someway then you can nominate them.Maybe you know someone who has been to every game home and away for seasons or who has done something significant for football club.

When the nomiation are in they will go to the players who between them will choose the winner. The winner will be given the award at the Player of the Year awards on 8th May.

The idea is that if you know someone that you feel is an extra special City fan in someway then you can nominate them.Maybe you know someone who has been to every game home and away for seasons or who has done something significant for football club.

When the nomiation are in they will go to the players who between them will choose the winner. The winner will be given the award at the Player of the Year awards on 8th May.

OK, I understand I can nominate someone who doesn't come to this website (or at least I don't think so).

Where is the awards thing in May?

Very good but how will all fans know? will voting sheets be given out at Saturdays game; there are fans that don't use this or any website or don't have a computer thingy :igiveup:

So maybe its for all fans who know about it :smartass:

How are we supposed to know this by the way; meaning how do we know who has been to the most games away/home or travelled the most miles to see home or away; we just don't know;

Surely there can be only one winner outside of whos been to travelled the most miles etc; Red Top by a mile but that is all we actually know. There could be some more deserving soul who isnt even a member of this elite forum :whistle2:

I like ARNY AND HIS BOOBIES MYSELF brought many a smile to many gloomy winters nights, :tounge:

That's the beauty - we don't know. It could be Red Top; it could be someone heavily involved with the East End campaign; it could be a friend you know who hasn't missed a game all season; it might be someone who has helped disabled supporters enjoy matches; it might be the man with GJ tattoed on his privates. The list of potential winners is limited only by imagination (and the need to stick to 100 words).

The final decision will be made by the players. All members of the Trust and Supporters Club can vote for the Player of the Year so it follows that all players will vote for the Supporter of the Year. Gary Johnson will present a shortlist for the players to choose from. The winner will be announced at the revamped Player of the Year award night on 8th May.

In terms of promoting this award and the request for nominations, there was an article in Monday's Greenun and Nathan Jones has agreed to put a reminder in the Evening Post. We've sent over an article to the Club for next week's Yeovil Programme and asked the media department to promote it too.

So if you think you know someone who is worthy of the title, get nominating. They've got to be nominated and in it to win it. There's a super trophy for the winner to keep and the prestige of being the inaugural Bristol City Supporter of the Year.

That's the beauty - we don't know. It could be Red Top; it could be someone heavily involved with the East End campaign; it could be a friend you know who hasn't missed a game all season; it might be someone who has helped disabled supporters enjoy matches; it might be the man with GJ tattoed on his privates. The list of potential winners is limited only by imagination (and the need to stick to 100 words).

The final decision will be made by the players. All members of the Trust and Supporters Club can vote for the Player of the Year so it follows that all players will vote for the Supporter of the Year. Gary Johnson will present a shortlist for the players to choose from. The winner will be announced at the revamped Player of the Year award night on 8th May.

In terms of promoting this award and the request for nominations, there was an article in Monday's Greenun and Nathan Jones has agreed to put a reminder in the Evening Post. We've sent over an article to the Club for next week's Yeovil Programme and asked the media department to promote it too.

So if you think you know someone who is worthy of the title, get nominating. They've got to be nominated and in it to win it. There's a super trophy for the winner to keep and the prestige of being the inaugural Bristol City Supporter of the Year.

Ha ha. That's would be a painful tattoo!

What about us peeps who aren't members of the supporters club or supporters trust? Why can't we vote for the player of the year as well? :(

Very kind GL, but you aint aving ume, and wont be making me supporter of the year.

Saying that!

39 years watching City since i was 9....?

Medal at least............ :noexpression:

I think its an excellent idea which will hopefully encourage a healthy debate on what constitutes a 'fan'. I'm sure there are many people who will qualify for a whole variety of reasons. I like the idea of the players getting the chance to make the final decison as well. Initiatives such as this can only help bring fans and players closer together.

Where is the awards thing in May?

Its on the 8th May in the DEH.

It will be a revamped and much more involved Player of the Year evening.There will be a DVD revenue of the football action presented on professionally designed screens.All the players and management will be there.Fred Wedlock is doing a gig towards the end of the night.The awards will include player of the year,young player of the and leading goalscorer.Other awards include fan of the year,players player and a champaign moment which will be decided on the night.

Hopefully it will be a promotion party.

Tickets are available from the SC,the ticket office and the Trust at £5 each.They will be on sale from this Saturday.

Priority goes to SC and Trust members who have untill the 15th April to get tickets.Any remaining will go on general sale after that date.

The capacity is 1000.

Its on the 8th May in the DEH.

It will be a revamped and much more involved Player of the Year evening.There will be a DVD revenue of the football action presented on professionally designed screens.All the players and management will be there.Fred Wedlock is doing a gig towards the end of the night.The awards will include player of the year,young player of the and leading goalscorer.Other awards include fan of the year,players player and a champaign moment which will be decided on the night.

Hopefully it will be a promotion party.

Tickets are available from the SC,the ticket office and the Trust at £5 each.They will be on sale from this Saturday.

Priority goes to SC and Trust members who have untill the 15th April to get tickets.Any remaining will go on general sale after that date.

The capacity is 1000.

Probably a stupid question but who is Fred Wedlock?

(sorry)

Very kind GL, but you aint aving ume, and wont be making me supporter of the year.

Saying that!

39 years watching City since i was 9....?

Medal at least............ :noexpression:

Oh me to,I want a medal; 40 plus years and counting;since I was well,....(mind your own on that) and add another year after tomorrow as well :trumpet::drunk2::farmer: ;

There have been many who have acually done something instead of just moaning :blush: Ciderhead, North St and co for their work re our E.E :clap: Red Top for caring :clap: the S.T lot for doing loads at everything :clap: and not forgetting our very own R.R for his services to the fishing industry :fish::shifty: and of course each and everyone of you lot who follow our team all over the place, which is more than I do now.

We are all winners if we can drag our lot up into the higher leagues :city: :goingup:

Archived