IGNORED

Wilson / Betsy

Red Head

I don't know about the rest of you but I think the performances of new signings Betsy and Wilson haven't quite hit the heights yet?

Have we got a position for Wilson? And will Betsy use his pace and actually go past a player today?

Come on Bets, you can do it, after the first time it gets easier!

I think Wilson was brought in as a right back but because of Orr's recent form then he cant get in the team in that postion so he's played all over. We got Betsy because we needed a winger/forward and he was the best available. I agree we havent seen the best of them but every player needs time to settle at a club, especially when the pressure is on the club to gain promotion.

Like a lot of flair players Betsys' form can vary match to match.On his day he's very impressive and even in his average games he can do things that effect the game.

I think he's a good player and was well worth signing.

Wilson is still a youngster and not the finished article by a long way but I've seen enough of him to reckon that he'll be another player who will be an asset to the City.He's pacy and can play in several positions and thats always usefull. I don't know yet what his best position is.I wonder what he thinks his best position is?

don't get me wrong Wilson is a very useful utility player

But he was bought as a answer to the left sided midfield problem and Just like Grant Smith before him that definately isnt his favored position

But he's very useful and If it he wouldnt have been istead of Browner but as well as I's be even more chuffed

Betsy needs to show he make the step up to div 1 let alone the champ. to me saying that were second they all must be doing something well

He said a while back in an interview on the site that he is most comfortable at right back.

They could start off in the same positions as last week, but it would also be useful if they swapped a few times in the match. That would keep the Jacks on their toes. I think they could get a lot of useful free kicks today, might even get a player sent off if they run at the defence.

I think that next season we'll get a quality left midfielder in and replace Orr with Wilson. Especially if we go up. I dread to say it but I think Orr Will get skined week in week out if we're up.

Betsy blows hot and cold - as do a lot of wingers!

However Wilson - He should play on the right or not at all! hes useless as a left winger, cuts inside, has no left foot, can't shoot,offers no width!

Why not swap Betsy and Wilson around? let wilson hug the right touchline, let betsy take defenders on, on the left!

However Wilson - He should play on the right or not at all! hes useless as a left winger, cuts inside, has no left foot, can't shoot,offers no width!

Why not swap Betsy and Wilson around? let wilson hug the right touchline, let betsy take defenders on, on the left!

I thought your post was spot on there......til' I got to the end bit. But I guess it depends on which Betsy turns up on the day.

both of them were poor today

Betsy: cant take anybody on

cant cross

doesnt use his pace

doesnt stay out wide

decent shot

wilson: decent cross

no left foot

weak shot

no final product

Almondsbury red, don't be affraid to say it how it is mate, they are both crap. Please hurry up and get murray and mcalistair back!

One snag, Betsy always played on the right for Wycombe, AND hes no defender either, so wing back aint his position

I think that next season we'll get a quality left midfielder in and replace Orr with Wilson. Especially if we go up. I dread to say it but I think Orr Will get skined week in week out if we're up.

I think your wrong Orr is a battler & has proved he can improve his game when he gets challenged if we bring in the right players in the summer I'm sure Orr will improve

I think your wrong Orr is a battler & has proved he can improve his game when he gets challenged if we bring in the right players in the summer I'm sure Orr will improve

Wilson will be a class player with better players around him.

On the other hand, Besty is a waste of space and we need to get rid!

Replace Orr at full back with Wilson? Presumably that means Wilson will have to learn how to tackle during the summer break.

I think Wilson's future probably lies on the right wing. He's quick, he can cross, and he can pass. He's not a great tackler.

Betsy is less and less convincing as the games go by, but it's premature to write him off. He needs to have a bit more confidence in his ability to go past a player and stay on his feet.

I think Wilson was brought in as a right back but because of Orr's recent form then he cant get in the team in that postion so he's played all over. We got Betsy because we needed a winger/forward and he was the best available. I agree we havent seen the best of them but every player needs time to settle at a club, especially when the pressure is on the club to gain promotion.

I agree Wilson will prove to be a very flexible and useful player to have in the squad, I'm sure long term GJ has earmarked him for Right Back but currently Bradley keeps doing enough.

Betsy as a winger will be erratic to a degree, I have been disapointed in him so far but you can see there's enough quality in his make up to believe he can improve.

They have had long enough to settle in and now is the time they need to start producing or they may find that therestay at Bristol City will be a short one.

Betsy seems to take the easy option pass at every oportunity, instead of creating chances, which is the reason City bought him.

Wilson is simply out of position, and is now struggling because of it.

Johnson should swap them both over to see what happens then, as when Betsy broke down the left side yesterday, he managed to get his cross over and created a great chance.

I agree, I admit Betsy has shown glimpses of what he can do but for me no he hasn't hit his full potential yet but if I'm honest I like Wilson, i think he looks comfortable on the left wing, get good balls in, always wants the ball, showing great charisma, but he can be sloppy at the vital moment, they know they are better and so do we so lets see it ! :fingerscrossed::winner_third_h4h:

Replace Orr at full back with Wilson? Presumably that means Wilson will have to learn how to tackle during the summer break.

He has made plenty of tackles. Him an Jaimie McAllister would be two superb, energetic full backs to have!

There are reasons why his main role is at right back.

Archived