IGNORED

Kevin Betsy

tin

Having just got back from the game, I simply cannot understand why we've signed this bloke. I know it's early days in his BCFC career but I've seen every game he's played in a red shirt and can't believe he's good enough for us.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt in previous games (time to settle in, he works hard etc) but his performance today was truely woeful.

He looked like a ballwatcher out there today IMO, quite happy to let the game drift by and even his 'workrate' couldn't justify his selection. He gave the ball away from first til last, got muscled off the ball far too easily and can anybody shed any light on why he comes inside EVERY time? It wasn't until stoppage time when he finally got into the game with the cross Smith glanced onto the bar.

I hope he improves in the future but I'm counting the days til Murray's back on that flank :pray:

Didnt read the whole post, couldn't be bothered but I agree, He's not very good, I said this before we even signed him, that he is an average player. He looks promising at times but then stops and is very lightweight too. I'm not going to right him off totally and I hope he shoves this back down my throught...but I don't think he will.

Having just got back from the game, I simply cannot understand why we've signed this bloke. I know it's early days in his BCFC career but I've seen every game he's played in a red shirt and can't believe he's good enough for us.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt in previous games (time to settle in, he works hard etc) but his performance today was truely woeful.

He looked like a ballwatcher out there today IMO, quite happy to let the game drift by and even his 'workrate' couldn't justify his selection. He gave the ball away from first til last, got muscled off the ball far too easily and can anybody shed any light on why he comes inside EVERY time? It wasn't until stoppage time when he finally got into the game with the cross Smith glanced onto the bar.

I hope he improves in the future but I'm counting the days til Murray's back on that flank :pray:

Typical GJ signing I fear !

I have to agree that his last two or three performances in particular have been far short of what you would hope to see, even at this level. As far as Scottie is concerned i fear that we might not see him again this season and he`s no spring chicken. His eagerness to try and go past defenders has been there when he`s played this season but he`s not got the pace he used to have and thats going to be more evident next season irrespective of which league we`re playing in.

Whatever the outcome of the season come 5.45 on the 5th May GJ is going to have a busy summer either to boost the squad for another promotion campaign or, hopefully, to bring in the quality we will need to establish ourselves as a Championship club with the desire to progress further.

PDG

He did have a poor game today, but i think hes got more in him, hopefully we will see it soon! :fingerscrossed:

The idoit behind me obviously doesnt think so though! When he got a yellow for a poor tackle, the bloke shouted to the ref " oi ref send the b*****d and do us an f'in favour" :disapointed2se:

betsy was not very good today, but i remember when city played northampton a month ago when he ran the show for city and scored the only goal. i thought he was incredible in that game and thought he was the man to take us up. But since then he has not done enough for me but i am more tha happy for him to contu=inue playing till murray gets back. But time is againest him

here here complete waste of space so far.Murrey hurry up we need you.

What a beauty you are fella! McCombe, McCallister, L Johnson, Noble, in fact I can't think of a bad 'Permanent' signing he has made.

Then obviously you can't think, which is fair enough.

Enoch - not up to it.

PJ - failed to deliver.

Smith - enough said.

Betsy and Wilson - jury still out at the least.

Weale - will he ever be fit ?

McCombe and McAllister great.

Johnson and Noble average at best.

I just don't think you can sign all these players from lower teams and get a better than 50% hit rate but that is just my opinion which you are at liberty to rubbish.

Hopefully we will get auto promotion - the ultimate prize - but if we do it will be because of others failings more than anything else - which if we are honest is how GJ got Yeovil into this division.

Still hope though.........

:fastasleep:

Ignore RTTW I think.

I will agree however that Betsy is not up to it and sadly I felt this from the start but was willing to give him a chance especially after his decent enough start.

He just cant get past his man and looks lost for idea's most of the time in my opinion. Other clubs fans felt that he was not the best of signings for us and I fear they may have been right.

However we can't give up on him now, I still think that if we can get his confidence up then that will push him until the end of the season, his pace can scare defenders and he just has to belive that he will make the grade.

However, is he worthy of where we are going? I fear not.

:fastasleep:

Ignore RTTW I think.

I will agree however that Betsy is not up to it and sadly I felt this from the start but was willing to give him a chance especially after his decent enough start.

He just cant get past his man and looks lost for idea's most of the time in my opinion. Other clubs fans felt that he was not the best of signings for us and I fear they may have been right.

However we can't give up on him now, I still think that if we can get his confidence up then that will push him until the end of the season, his pace can scare defenders and he just has to belive that he will make the grade.

However, is he worthy of where we are going? I fear not.

Strange - ignore then agree...........

i think betsy lost it for me last week when he came up against a 37 year old left back and did,nt go past him once. he was poor today but give him time there is promise there a lot of people outside the club rated him when we signed him you don,t brcome a bad player overnight maybe the tension is getting to him a bit

He did have a poor game today, but i think hes got more in him, hopefully we will see it soon! :fingerscrossed:

The idoit behind me obviously doesnt think so though! When he got a yellow for a poor tackle, the bloke shouted to the ref " oi ref send the b*****d and do us an f'in favour" :disapointed2se:

Were you sitting in the Dolman stand?

I ment joking about you agreeing with him?

No way. Bettsy, as someone else said on some other post, is a fraud.

This is where you have to stand up and be counted now, as in Israel..Andorra..we need fighters put in in or **** off!

He's had enough chances now, how many more would you give him?

You see, this is what makes me laugh about the majority of CIty fans. One or two bad games for us, and he's the worst player in the world.

RTTW, did you not see Betsy run CHELSEA ragged when he was at Wycombe? Do you not listen to div 2 fans when they say Betsy has been the best player of that league this season? Surely if he can do it against the Champions of England, he has some amount of ability?

Granted, for the last few games (including today), he has been poor, but so has most of the team apart from maybe Carey and Johnson. Six goals in nine games says it all, but to single out a new signing, who has yet to get into the GJ way (and don't forget it took a lot of our current players to understand where he was coming from), for criticism already, smacks of the age old, were too good for this league/we deserve instant success brigade.

I was sat in front of a bunch of 15-16 year olds today, who until he went off, were constantly slagging Brooker off. These people obviously watch the Prem and think we should be as good as that, and that, I find quite frightening TBH.

Cmon, Brooker, when fit, is probably one of the best target men outside the Prem on his day. That is probably why there is always interest from Champiionship teams around transfer time. Fair enough, he hasnt done it much this season, but that is down to other things than his (so called lack of) ability.

GJ needed time, and now he is reaping the rewards of the patience of the board. Can we give the players as much time to settle??

On a lighter note, it was good to see the crowd getting behind the team in the second half, even though they were playing badly. Considering we were poor, the crowd tried to raise the team, rather then booing, which is what I have come to expect from the fans. The team responded to it too, and we looked more likely to scoring the last 10 mins.

Yeah good post.

Problem is a lot of players raise their game when they come up against teams from a higher level so that argument for me holds little water.

As I said I am willing to give him a chance but as other fans from other clubs said he is probably not Championship standerd.

The worst thing is he clearly as the talent to a degree but he just needs to use it otherwise there is little point in having it.

You see, this is what makes me laugh about the majority of CIty fans. One or two bad games for us, and he's the worst player in the world.

RTTW, did you not see Betsy run CHELSEA ragged when he was at Wycombe? Do you not listen to div 2 fans when they say Betsy has been the best player of that league this season? Surely if he can do it against the Champions of England, he has some amount of ability?

Granted, for the last few games (including today), he has been poor, but so has most of the team apart from maybe Carey and Johnson. Six goals in nine games says it all, but to single out a new signing, who has yet to get into the GJ way (and don't forget it took a lot of our current players to understand where he was coming from), for criticism already, smacks of the age old, were too good for this league/we deserve instant success brigade.

I was sat in front of a bunch of 15-16 year olds today, who until he went off, were constantly slagging Brooker off. These people obviously watch the Prem and think we should be as good as that, and that, I find quite frightening TBH.

Cmon, Brooker, when fit, is probably one of the best target men outside the Prem on his day. That is probably why there is always interest from Champiionship teams around transfer time. Fair enough, he hasnt done it much this season, but that is down to other things than his (so called lack of) ability.

GJ needed time, and now he is reaping the rewards of the patience of the board. Can we give the players as much time to settle??

On a lighter note, it was good to see the crowd getting behind the team in the second half, even though they were playing badly. Considering we were poor, the crowd tried to raise the team, rather then booing, which is what I have come to expect from the fans. The team responded to it too, and we looked more likely to scoring the last 10 mins.

At last someone talking sense, great post!! :clap:

:city:

Yeah good post.

Problem is a lot of players raise their game when they come up against teams from a higher level so that argument for me holds little water.

As I said I am willing to give him a chance but as other fans from other clubs said he is probably not Championship standerd.

The worst thing is he clearly as the talent to a degree but he just needs to use it otherwise there is little point in having it.

I do agree with your point of players raising their game against higher opposition, and for a player to be able to play to that standard, and not do it on a consistent basis is frustrating, but it shows the talent is there. If he can get that consistency, he will prove to be great addition to our squad, be it in League one or the Championship. don't forget, he's played in the Prem before with Fulham (I think)

Archived