IGNORED

Kevin Betsy

tin

Definitely agree with that and I think that a lot of the fans want City to play champagne football, but forget that we're in the third tier and have been for a while.

Betsy played badly today, but has played better so we can't judge him on one bad performance. He got outmuscled quite easily today and didn't do flick it round the opponent like he has done. Then in the second half he showed strength to get past two players, but then lacked a final product.

I do agree with your point of players raising their game against higher opposition, and for a player to be able to play to that standard, and not do it on a consistent basis is frustrating, but it shows the talent is there. If he can get that consistency, he will prove to be great addition to our squad, be it in League one or the Championship. don't forget, he's played in the Prem before with Fulham (I think)

Yeah only problem I have with that is I think he would have got that consistent form going by now. (Not just for us but other clubs he has played for)

I suppose its because he is 28 I think? I just feel that a player should be pushing on at that age really.

Anyway, I agree with what you say to and am more than willing to give him more chances, at the end of the day he has done better than I thought he would minus the past 3 or 4 games.

Betsy has potential, hes been Wycombes best player all year by all accounts and as has been said against Chelsea he was immense. So we know what he is capable of, shame is in the games I have seen (didn't see northampton) he suffers from a distinct lack of confidence/belief etc.

Its ironic that against Bradford etc he didn't get a decent pass the entire game, and was pretty redundant on the right. But now he is getting hold of the ball, he isn't doing enough with it, barely beating his man or finding the pass, on todays evidence that is.

But we need to support him, if it is a confidence issue then its better to help him through it than shout 'oh bring murray back.' I'm a big murray fan, but with his injury i doubt he will play again this season, so the players who play instead of him deserve just as much support.

Johnson and Noble average at best.

You're calling these two average :noexpression:

Didnt you see Johnsons performance last week against Forest? How about both their performances against Middlesborough and Coventry?

LJ also has the joint third highest amount of assists out of all the league one players this season.

Both Johnson and Noble are better than average in my opinion.

P.S. Betsy has been very poor of late and has not lived up to the original hype however i believe he does have the ability to do much better.

You see, this is what makes me laugh about the majority of CIty fans. One or two bad games for us, and he's the worst player in the world.

RTTW, did you not see Betsy run CHELSEA ragged when he was at Wycombe? Do you not listen to div 2 fans when they say Betsy has been the best player of that league this season? Surely if he can do it against the Champions of England, he has some amount of ability?

Granted, for the last few games (including today), he has been poor, but so has most of the team apart from maybe Carey and Johnson. Six goals in nine games says it all, but to single out a new signing, who has yet to get into the GJ way (and don't forget it took a lot of our current players to understand where he was coming from), for criticism already, smacks of the age old, were too good for this league/we deserve instant success brigade.

I was sat in front of a bunch of 15-16 year olds today, who until he went off, were constantly slagging Brooker off. These people obviously watch the Prem and think we should be as good as that, and that, I find quite frightening TBH.

Cmon, Brooker, when fit, is probably one of the best target men outside the Prem on his day. That is probably why there is always interest from Champiionship teams around transfer time. Fair enough, he hasnt done it much this season, but that is down to other things than his (so called lack of) ability.

GJ needed time, and now he is reaping the rewards of the patience of the board. Can we give the players as much time to settle??

On a lighter note, it was good to see the crowd getting behind the team in the second half, even though they were playing badly. Considering we were poor, the crowd tried to raise the team, rather then booing, which is what I have come to expect from the fans. The team responded to it too, and we looked more likely to scoring the last 10 mins.

Right you happy clappy mob,in for a penny in for a pound!

i totally back Gary Johnson in 'virtually' everything he does,

BUT BETSY..EXCUSE ME!

Pace to burn--------------------------Doesnt use it

Skill to beat a player---------------- don't care what he did at Wycombe,at City(seen every game he's played) nothing.

Best in our league------------------- Murray please.

Patience------------------------------ meaty end of the season,total lightweight,backed out of every tackle today. From what I have seen so far DEFINITELY NOT a City player, NOT a team player and I would swap him for the Doc now!

BETSY,READ THIS AND START PRODUCING WHAT WE PAID FOR YOU LILLY LIVERED PONCE!

I have finished now.

See you at Gillingham and UP THE CITY!!!!

Then obviously you can't think, which is fair enough.

Enoch - not up to it.

PJ - failed to deliver.

Smith - enough said.

Betsy and Wilson - jury still out at the least.

Weale - will he ever be fit ?

McCombe and McAllister great.

I just don't think you can sign all these players from lower teams and get a better than 50% hit rate but that is just my opinion which you are at liberty to rubbish.

Hopefully we will get auto promotion - the ultimate prize - but if we do it will be because of others failings more than anything else - which if we are honest is how GJ got Yeovil into this division.

Still hope though.........

so basically if we get promoted this season in 2nd it will be down to others inability not our ability.

you give old people a bad name.

Having just got back from the game, I simply cannot understand why we've signed this bloke. I know it's early days in his BCFC career but I've seen every game he's played in a red shirt and can't believe he's good enough for us.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt in previous games (time to settle in, he works hard etc) but his performance today was truely woeful.

He looked like a ballwatcher out there today IMO, quite happy to let the game drift by and even his 'workrate' couldn't justify his selection. He gave the ball away from first til last, got muscled off the ball far too easily and can anybody shed any light on why he comes inside EVERY time? It wasn't until stoppage time when he finally got into the game with the cross Smith glanced onto the bar.

I hope he improves in the future but I'm counting the days til Murray's back on that flank :pray:

[/quote)

another Jevons then?

Betsy in his 29th year was languishing in the old 4th division. At that age if he was any good he would have been snapped up years ago.

As for the Fulham story, 1998-2002, with only 3 league starts in 4 seasons, and was loaned out to lower division clubs.

I remarked earlier in the season that GJ had signed Betsy to replace Murray, however the 33 year old Murray still has better results than the 29 year old Betsy. I could be wrong, but imo neither would be good enough to make any impact in the Championship.

Yet to see him play to his potential one believes, i think, being so near to the end of the season back the lads and don't critise. Betsy should and i hope will come good and LJ has been a real key player this year. Why is it everyone dislikes Lee so much??? There is something mentally wrong with steve brooker he gets injured every 4 games and is out for 4, an awful year for the bloke.

Come on guys get behind the lads, starting with the gills, its easter monday btw lets get everyone there!!! Or as many as we can

Betsy always seems to receive the ball facing the wrong way ie facing Basso, He does not seem to charge up the wing and want the, ball played in behind the defence to run on to.

P.s - How anyone can say Johnson is an average player is beyond me, he has been one of our best players this season and always shows for the ball no matter what, he is also not scared to try something different which is more that can be said for certain other players. Next season if we go up i believe he will well and truely come in to his own and show all his doubters what a great player we have on our books.

Generally disapointed with Betsy so far, though I can see the guy has a certain degree of skill plus you don't get voted into divisional teams of the year (as he has done) unless you have a certain degree of ability.

Whether he can cut it consistantly at Championship level remains to be seen.

Having just got back from the game, I simply cannot understand why we've signed this bloke. I know it's early days in his BCFC career but I've seen every game he's played in a red shirt and can't believe he's good enough for us.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt in previous games (time to settle in, he works hard etc) but his performance today was truely woeful.

He looked like a ballwatcher out there today IMO, quite happy to let the game drift by and even his 'workrate' couldn't justify his selection. He gave the ball away from first til last, got muscled off the ball far too easily and can anybody shed any light on why he comes inside EVERY time? It wasn't until stoppage time when he finally got into the game with the cross Smith glanced onto the bar.

I hope he improves in the future but I'm counting the days til Murray's back on that flank :pray:

give him some time to settle in, his wife just had a baby too so i bet he's had next to no sleep.

Generally disapointed with Betsy so far, though I can see the guy has a certain degree of skill plus you don't get voted into divisional teams of the year (as he has done) unless you have a certain degree of ability.

Whether he can cut it consistantly at Championship level remains to be seen.

A certain degree of skill? It seems to me that the only thing he has in his locker is that backheel thing that takes him inside on every occasion. A very predicatble 'skill' if you haven't got, or shown, anything to mix it up with!

I'm not quite sure if the divisional team of the year has any relevance on him though. Phillips got in the League 1 version twice on the trot and yet some people harp on about him being crap these days!

The fact is, he hasn't produced, and doesn't look like producing, anything in a red shirt so far. Whilst he is all we have on that flank at this moment, I doubt very much he'll make an impact next season, regardless of being in this damn league or the Championship.

Unfortunately, I think if he was a quality player, he'd have been snapped up long before we came along. I hope he proves me wrong though...

Then obviously you can't think, which is fair enough.

Enoch - not up to it.

PJ - failed to deliver.

Smith - enough said.

Betsy and Wilson - jury still out at the least.

Weale - will he ever be fit ?

McCombe and McAllister great.

I just don't think you can sign all these players from lower teams and get a better than 50% hit rate but that is just my opinion which you are at liberty to rubbish.

Hopefully we will get auto promotion - the ultimate prize - but if we do it will be because of others failings more than anything else - which if we are honest is how GJ got Yeovil into this division.

Still hope though.........

Glad somebody else sees what i see. 2 signings out of how many have proved they can cut it - 2!!! Jury is still out on Lee Johnson.

give him some time to settle in, his wife just had a baby too so i bet he's had next to no sleep.

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poor thing, it must be hard having to kick a ball about in the morning and get every afternoon off. Then the poor little thing has to play on a saturday as well, and the odd tuesday. How does he cope????!!!!!

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poor thing, it must be hard having to kick a ball about in the morning and get every afternoon off. Then the poor little thing has to play on a saturday as well, and the odd tuesday. How does he cope????!!!!!

Betsy was generally awful yesterday, he cheaply lost possession on at least ten occasions and over hit some passes. I hope he improves because he was often a real liability to the BCFC cause against Swansea. In contrast, Louis Carey was the best player on the pitch yesterday with some real timely defensive interceptions and there was true grit and determination written on his face.

For me Leon Britton was the best Swansea player, a little bloke with great attacking pace down the right wing - someone I'd have an eye on with regard to signing if I were Gary Johnson. :icecream:

Interesting hearing the callers on Radio Brizzle generally echoing the sentiments on this thread. I couldn't make it to Priestfield today due to lack of funds (first away game since February I've missed) but by the sounds of it he had another shocker. Someone said he didn't even "break into a sweat" which sounds familiar!

Get JMW in on the left and switch Wilson to the right and let's have a proper bash at Yeovil on Saturday. God knows, we need to now!

Interesting hearing the callers on Radio Brizzle generally echoing the sentiments on this thread. I couldn't make it to Priestfield today due to lack of funds (first away game since February I've missed) but by the sounds of it he had another shocker. Someone said he didn't even "break into a sweat" which sounds familiar!

Get JMW in on the left and switch Wilson to the right and let's have a proper bash at Yeovil on Saturday. God knows, we need to now!

Sorry to be my normal negative self but.. another crap lower league signing by the " I can't work with anyone who has played above div 3 manager " - it amazes me we are second most of the time !

He's not good enough for this division, I'd hate to see what he would be like in the championship!

On sky they all said how good he was vs Chelsea...I thought he was poor. Typical sky making things sound bigger and better than they really are, He was excactly the same as he has been for years...Even when he used to play for Oldham and Barnsley, he has always been easy to push off the ball and lacks desire and/or ability to actually take players on.

I agree that he never gets behind the defence he is always infront of them and isnt good enough to take them on. What I'd do to see Scott Murray on that right wing!

We also need Noble back, he is different class.

Archived