IGNORED

Disgraceful Performance

bcfcchris2016

i just come back from the game today. Probabley the longest and despressing journeys i'v been involved in for a long while.

I thought our performance in the first half and just before Gillinghams only goal in second half was a disgrace. We were only playing good passing football in defence and when we attacked we were going no-where. Keogh looked bad at left-back, We have to get him back on right-back and put McAllister back at left back. Betsy has not impressed me at all since the Northampton game and i am starting to think he is the worst signing we have made since Tony Dinning. The only players who impressed me today were Basso, McCombe and Brian Wilson. (btw, i am a big fan of smith and i also would love to see that penalty claim in the first half again) after the gillingham goal we were threatening the gillingham defence at last and enoch should of scored the one that cannoned off the crossbar. Why did we play like that when it was 0:0

I also was a tad dissapointed about the atmosphere of the city fans during the game. The gillingham fans were giving it large about our team even though they did not deserve the three points at all.

And finally onto the strikers. Enoch and Jevons, worst partnership since Liam Robinson and Ian Baird 13 years ago.

Off comes Jevons and on comes Brian Smith who i thought who absolutley immense today and he must start againest yeovil

And finally, i might get slated for this but what the hell, If we don't go up, Gary Johnson is to blame for not bringing in a decent striker when he had a chance.

Sorry guys but as much as i enjoy having a 4 point gap over 3rd place forest (whom i was so relieved when i heard they drew) but if the city players don;t pull there fingers out in the last 4 games then it is play-offs for us. I hope Johnson gave the players a b******* of his managerial career.

i just come back from the game today. Probabley the longest and despressing journeys i'v been involved in for a long while.

I thought our performance in the first half and just before Gillinghams only goal in second half was a disgrace. We were only playing good passing football in defence and when we attacked we were going no-where. Keogh looked bad at left-back, We have to get him back on right-back and put McAllister back at left back. Betsy has not impressed me at all since the Northampton game and i am starting to think he is the worst signing we have made since Tony Dinning. The only players who impressed me today were Basso, McCombe and Brian Wilson. (btw, i am a big fan of smith and i also would love to see that penalty claim in the first half again) after the gillingham goal we were threatening the gillingham defence at last and enoch should of scored the one that cannoned off the crossbar. Why did we play like that when it was 0:0

I also was a tad dissapointed about the atmosphere of the city fans during the game. The gillingham fans were giving it large about our team even though they did not deserve the three points at all.

And finally onto the strikers. Enoch and Jevons, worst partnership since Liam Robinson and Ian Baird 13 years ago.

Off comes Jevons and on comes Brian Smith who i thought who absolutley immense today and he must start againest yeovil

And finally, i might get slated for this but what the hell, If we don't go up, Gary Johnson is to blame for not bringing in a decent striker when he had a chance.

Sorry guys but as much as i enjoy having a 4 point gap over 3rd place forest (whom i was so relieved when i heard they drew) but if the city players don;t pull there fingers out in the last 4 games then it is play-offs for us. I hope Johnson gave the players a b******* of his managerial career.

Realistic comments,however forget the playoffs my friend the only way city will go up is automatic,playoffs not a hope in hell.

Auto or forget it I'm afraid.

Again I ask WHO WAS THIS DECENT STRIKER?, The ones we wanted did'nt want to come, So who was ACTUALLY available?.

Over to you.

Again I ask WHO WAS THIS DECENT STRIKER?, The ones we wanted did'nt want to come, So who was ACTUALLY available?.

Over to you.

Around the time of the transfer window closing, i would have agreed. But looking at the form of our strikers since, you have to say that if we HAD signed someone then they could hardly have done worse.

put McAllister back at left back.

Not a good idea while he's injured :farmer:

I also was a tad dissapointed about the atmosphere of the city fans during the game.

Being in an open stand does'nt really help. :disapointed2se:

The last 15 mins we battered them and deserved to get a point out of the game.

Over to you.

We are not party to the private dealings between professional football clubs and therefore we have no way of knowing who is available and who isn't so it is pointless to ask the ordinary fan to specify the names of suitable personnel. The manager and his scouting system are responsible for finding suitable players for the club to sign and are paid handsomely to do so - so maybe it's about time they started earning their generous salaries.

The club can enquire about any striker anywhere in europe. They can ask agents. They can ask the PFA. They can ask european agents and european PFAs. It's not rocket science.

I do not accept the argument that there is "nobody available".

We are not party to the private dealings between professional football clubs and therefore we have no way of knowing who is available and who isn't so it is pointless to ask the ordinary fan to specify the names of suitable personnel. The manager and his scouting system are responsible for finding suitable players for the club to sign and are paid handsomely to do so - so maybe it's about time they started earning their generous salaries.

The club can enquire about any striker anywhere in europe. They can ask agents. They can ask the PFA. They can ask european agents and european PFAs. It's not rocket science.

Not on a wind up here, but why only Europe?

Over to you.

That is like asking how much money was available; Southend had Eastwood to take them up Scunny have Sharpe we have????????

Johnson is to be congratulated for getting us at least a play-off place in his first full season, took wilson 3 seasons to do that.

We are not party to the private dealings between professional football clubs and therefore we have no way of knowing who is available and who isn't so it is pointless to ask the ordinary fan to specify the names of suitable personnel.

Exactly, we are not party to private dealings, So what are you saying that SL and GJ did'nt try hard enough.

But I do say again what quality striker did actually move during the windows, It is a shame, But I shudder to think what would be said if for instance we spent £350k on a Baird, or £100k on a Rambo Johnson, or £200k on a Liam 'pretty boy' Robinson our past is littered with strikers with big reputations and little talent, little goal scoring ability or more importantly a desire to sweat.

That is like asking how much money was available; Southend had Eastwood to take them up Scunny have Sharpe we have????????

More money than most clubs in our division, You are correct about Eastwood and Sharp, Sadly both being courted by premiership clubs and not 3rd division never have beens, What do we do? employ the Iranian Revolutionary Guards and kidnap strikers when we need one and make them say 'I always wanted to play Bristol City, I am sorry that I have never done so, But will now make amends'.

If they don't want to play in the 3rd division, We can't force them.

Quality strikers are as rare as rattlesnake shit and very difficult to gauge as youngsters, I seem to remember a certain Shaun Penny and a certain Mavelous Marvin Brown who were going to be the real article, Whatever happend to them.

I can agree with that, but what options are there to strengten our strikeforce which he tried, with Holt, Posipil(sp), theres not much we can do if he hasnt strengethened except stand by our players and give them all the support they need to get through it,

Over to you.

Depends whether we were willing to splash some cash, because if we were ,we could have gone and got just about any striker in the lower divisions. There again it depends whether that striker would have been a YES man or not :whistle2: .

Depends whether we were willing to splash some cash, because if we were ,we could have gone and got just about any striker in the lower divisions. There again it depends whether that striker would have been a YES man or not :whistle2: .

I'm interested to know who you may have in mind?

I'm interested to know who you may have in mind?

No one, i was just stating the obvious.

We bought in a striker whose never scored in this country :noexpression: Johnson did the same last year with Savage, hes a gambling manager when it comes to strikers. Thats 2 gambles he has lost.

Jevons was his other big gamble and he has been the biggest let down of all.

No one, i was just stating the obvious.

We bought in a striker whose never scored in this country :noexpression: Johnson did the same last year with Savage, hes a gambling manager when it comes to strikers. Thats 2 gambles he has lost.

Jevons was his other big gamble and he has been the biggest let down of all.

Everybody says we should have signed a striker, Nobody can come up with any suitable suggestions as to who this might be, Surely the answer is to look at the scoring lists and again please tell me who would have come here to a 3rd division club, The only suggestions have been Sharp and Eastwood (who are being courted by opremiership clubs).

Again to repeat myself our history is littered with signing strikers big on reputation, short on ability, short on work ethic and short on respect for who the manager is, Ring any bells.

Everybody says we should have signed a striker, Nobody can come up with any suitable suggestions as to who this might be, Surely the answer is to look at the scoring lists and again please tell me who would have come here to a 3rd division club, The only suggestions have been Sharp and Eastwood (who are being courted by opremiership clubs).

Again to repeat myself our history is littered with signing strikers big on reputation, short on ability, short on work ethic and short on respect for who the manager is, Ring any bells.

Yeah, he was replaced by Smith today wasnt he ?

Who was available?

Any prolific striker in the conferance, Irish league, Welsh league, Scottish lower leagues..

Anywhere!

For christs sakes, Anyone we sign who is'nt a household name is criticised before the ink is dry on the flippin' contract, You forgot the downs league.

It seems to me some people are saying, As long as we've heard of him and he scored a few goals a while ago (Stewart and Bridges) come to mind and of course they have scored hatfuls so far this season, But you would sign anybody who has scored a lot of goals in any league, How about Roy Race he's been scoring for 50 odd years now.

That was the same McCombe who was beaten in the air by that little bloke who scored the goal was it?

And Carey had a shocker didn't he? :dunno:

Carey had a terrible game. But i never have a go at a player after one bad game. He'll bounce back on saturday, You see I like to retain my happy-clappy status despite my views on todays gut-wrenching day

P.S Apologys about the wrong spelling of Andy Smith. He must start on Saturday guys

Yes.

We all want him to play don't we?!

He is certainly a damn site better player than Jevons and Enoch right now.

But more realistically, I still think a gamble from the conferance would have worked.

i agree Smith is playing better than jevons and showunmi. A gamble from the conferance proberly would have worked better than jevons and showunmi.

Weak stuff from the lads today until the final 10 minutes when Enoch proceed to miss a couple of howlers, some pretty stuff at times but generally no cutting edge, too many players unable to control the ball and too many misplaced passes, cue the last 3 away games plus Swans and Bradford at home for me.

Having said that I still think we can limp home in 2nd place.

Basso a couple of good stops generally solid

Orr Solid all round game

Carey Excellent best player for me

McCombe a threat late on up front defended well as always

Keogh Looked well out of postion at l/b, we need Jamie Mac

Betsy Poor minimal end product lack of effort

Johnson Industrious some good touches

Skuse Worked hard limited end product at times.

Wilson Good 1st half one decent chance then faded

Showamni Poor yet again two dresadful misses lacks confidence

Jevons Anonomous barely knew he was there.

Yes.

But more realistically, I still think a gamble from the conferance would have worked.

Once our fans have finally hounded GJ out, You should apply for the job, How could you fail, After all GJ's gambles have failed but you think conference striker gamble would have worked.

Yes.

so we are short of goals and are pinning our hopes on a guy who has never scored one??! Good work einstein!

Basso a couple of good stops generally solid

Orr Solid all round game

Carey Excellent best player for me

McCombe a threat late on up front defended well as always

Keogh Looked well out of postion at l/b, we need Jamie Mac

Betsy Poor minimal end product lack of effort

Johnson Industrious some good touches

Skuse Worked hard limited end product at times.

Wilson Good 1st half one decent chance then faded

Showamni Poor yet again two dresadful misses lacks confidence

Jevons Anonomous barely knew he was there.

Think you got that pretty much spot-on.

Once our fans have finally hounded GJ out, You should apply for the job, How could you fail, After all GJ's gambles have failed but you think conference striker gamble would have worked.

Ok lets see.

Do you disagree with me then, that we could buy any conferance player we want?

Look at..

Gary Roberts - First teamer at Ipswich

Michael Kightly - First teamer at Wolves

Freddy Eastwood - 30 goals - got Southend promoted

Aaron MacClean - 10 goals for P'Boro since January

Gary Hooper - Good player for Southend, on loan to Orient, terrorised S****horpe last week

Mitchel Cole - Good player for Southend

Craig Mackail-Smith - 6 goals for P'Boro since January

Paul Benson - Current at Dagenham - 30 goals this season!

All snapped up for peanuts really.

There are good players out there. You just need broad horizons.

Archived