IGNORED

Disgraceful Performance

bcfcchris2016

Again I ask WHO WAS THIS DECENT STRIKER?, The ones we wanted did'nt want to come, So who was ACTUALLY available?.

Over to you.

is it the managers and backroom staff job to find a player when we need one, we have 3 main scouts, perhaps we needed more options after popisil and holt turned us down.

I'm not a slater of our strikers but now is the time to deliver, both jevo or enoch don't lack commitment but we need to score a few goals in the next 4 games, the prize at the end is worth it.

Ok lets see.

Do you disagree with me then, that we could buy any conferance player we want?

Look at..

Gary Roberts - First teamer at Ipswich

Michael Kightly - First teamer at Wolves

Freddy Eastwood - 30 goals - got Southend promoted

Aaron MacClean - 10 goals for P'Boro since January

Gary Hooper - Good player for Southend, on loan to Orient, terrorised S****horpe last week

Mitchel Cole - Good player for Southend

Craig Mackail-Smith - 6 goals for P'Boro since January

Paul Benson - Current at Dagenham - 30 goals this season!

All snapped up for peanuts really.

you forgot the mother of all bargains. Reading signed Kevin Doyle for £80,0000-ish from Cork City.

and he has scored goals for fun for them since his arrival and is now worth 7 or 8 million. Love that to happen to city

There are good players out there. You just need broad horizons.

is it the managers and backroom staff job to find a player when we need one, we have 3 main scouts, perhaps we needed more options after popisil and holt turned us down.

I'm not a slater of our strikers but now is the time to deliver, both jevo or enoch don't lack commitment but we need to score a few goals in the next 4 games, the prize at the end is worth it.

The biggest problem is delivery to the strikers, After all it's not as if they are missing sitters, The delivery is piss poor.

The biggest problem is delivery to the strikers, After all it's not as if they are missing sitters, The delivery is piss poor.

Yeeeeh, I'm going to have to, go ahead and actually, disagree with you there.

Johnsons cross onto Enochs head today? 6 yards?

Jevons misses decent chances every week at home practically.

Ok lets see.

Look at..

Gary Roberts - First teamer at Ipswich

Michael Kightly - First teamer at Wolves

Freddy Eastwood - 30 goals - got Southend promoted

Aaron MacClean - 10 goals for P'Boro since January

Gary Hooper - Good player for Southend, on loan to Orient, terrorised S****horpe last week

Mitchel Cole - Good player for Southend

Craig Mackail-Smith - 6 goals for P'Boro since January

Paul Benson - Current at Dagenham - 30 goals this season!

I'm not doubting players are out there, The problem is again as I have stated, Some fans want a pedigree striker and some would be happy with dogs home mongrel, So had we signed a pedigree and were still in this position it would be wrong and had we signed a mongrel, Again without kicking a ball he would beeen slated by all the budding Mourhinhos on the forum, I still believe the problem is delivery.

I'd have guessed, summer before last season.

I`m not sure myself, but i`m thinking they were in the CCC when he signed. Which is the key point. Being in the CCC with alovely new stadium and facilities is a bigger draw than, looking to get promoted to the CCC with an OK ground but pretty poor facilities.

PDG

We are not party to the private dealings between professional football clubs and therefore we have no way of knowing who is available and who isn't so it is pointless to ask the ordinary fan to specify the names of suitable personnel. The manager and his scouting system are responsible for finding suitable players for the club to sign and are paid handsomely to do so - so maybe it's about time they started earning their generous salaries.

The club can enquire about any striker anywhere in europe. They can ask agents. They can ask the PFA. They can ask european agents and european PFAs. It's not rocket science.

I do not accept the argument that there is "nobody available".

Totaly agree, as if we as fans should know the anwers to that (who was available?), the manager and his scouts are there to do the job of finding players, its their question to answer and they haven't done so.

Strikers on another thread. Loanees.

Danny Graham at Carlisle scored 5 in 4 games.

Darryl Duffy at Swansea scored 2 yesterday.

There are others, and clubs in our division found them and are using them. City did not.

Exactly, we are not party to private dealings, So what are you saying that SL and GJ did'nt try hard enough.

But I do say again what quality striker did actually move during the windows, It is a shame, But I shudder to think what would be said if for instance we spent £350k on a Baird, or £100k on a Rambo Johnson, or £200k on a Liam 'pretty boy' Robinson our past is littered with strikers with big reputations and little talent, little goal scoring ability or more importantly a desire to sweat.

The point is, they are paid to do their best to make the club successful. I just think it's too glib to simply say "We tried, but couldn't find anybody".

It's too easy to say "But what if we sign a lemon?" and play it safe.

The biggest criticism I have about Johnson is exactly that - he plays it too safe. Both in his player selections and his tactics. Sometimes, you have to take a chance and see if it pays off. If it does, you're a hero, if it doesn't you're public enemy number one, but hey, that's life as a football manager. Nobody twisted his arm to manage Bristol City. He took the job with his eyes open.

Why is Elliot Benyon out on loan when the club is screaming for a striker that can hit the back of the net? He may not be the answer, but how can Johnson justify that without trying him? He certainly can't be any worse than what we have at present.

In fact ANY striker that comes in can't be worse than what we have at present - WE ARE NOT SCORING GOALS - the only way is up!

I have to disagree here. Admittedly, our midfield is not the most prolific in terms of penetrative and creative passing, but we do create chances and they ARE missing sitters.

Our accuracy in front of goal is poor and our strike rate even worse. We need so many chances to convert a single goal it beggars belief. Just think back to the last 3 or 4 games alone and you can probably pick out several chances where you can say "We should've scored". How many times this season have you heard the half-time whistle at 0-0 and thought "we should be 2 or 3-0 up by now" - I know I have.

I still think we will make auto-promotion, but only because I think the teams behind us (Forest, Yeovil, Oldham) are worse than us. Blackpool appear to be dark horses with a rich vein of form at the right time, but at the end of the day, S****horpe are well out in front because they have unearthed a striker in Sharpe who can score REGULARLY (he has 27 goals this season - says a lot about our 'top scorer' doesn't it?).

Again I ask WHO WAS THIS DECENT STRIKER?, The ones we wanted did'nt want to come, So who was ACTUALLY available?.

Over to you.

If you're telling me that there hasn't beena batter striker available since Sept than Jevo & Enoch then I'm sorry, but you're wrong.While GJ was chasing Holt & Pospisil who didn't want to come players like Graham, Best, Duffy, Constantine & Beckford WERE available.The trick is not to wait until the deadline.

If we go up we'll need to ditch all of our strikers and start again.

Ok lets see.

Look at..

Gary Roberts - First teamer at Ipswich - No knowledge of

Michael Kightly - First teamer at Wolves - would love to have signed him

Freddy Eastwood - 30 goals - got Southend promoted - signed by southend 3 years ago, London lad- turned down Sunderland and Forest to be with his gypsy familyAaron MacClean - 10 goals for P'Boro since January - London lad - missed out

Mitchel Cole - Good player for Southend - crap, did nothing on loan to Northampton this season which his why he is in the conferenceCraig Mackail-Smith - 6 goals for P'Boro since January - london lad again - missed out

Paul Benson - Current at Dagenham - 30 goals this season! Worth a look for sure...

Wasn't at the game yesterday - can't comment. Agree with all that I am very frustrated with our striking options. However feel this post is very relevant, but unfair to not criticise Johnson for not having broad horizons. Look where some of our first team have come from.

McCoombe - Linclon City, Lge 2 - Jamie Who when he signed? Arguably player of the season

Basso - a Brazilian goalkeeper from Woking, conference football

McCalister - Scottish Prem

Fontaine - Eng Prem

Enoch (Playing crap I agree) Championship.

Wilson - Leauge 1.

All 5 proffesional divisions of England and the Scottish Prem. I'd say our horizons have been broad compared to our competitors and it is unfair to criticise Johnson for his market moves on the whole this season given the outlay and our leauge position.

We are short of a top striker as we all know, and Johnson IMO has good reason to feel let down by Enoch, Brooker, and Jevons this season who have all showed in flashes they have the potential to be top strikers but haven't fufilled it this season for different reasons.

Archived