IGNORED

About to get slated but...

Dolman Block B

just a thought please don't rape me.......

The likes of Enoch, Jevons, Williams, and even Brooker, really would struggle the next league up.

Well perhaps this is something their aware of as the season draws to an end.

Ok, their contracted, but WE ALL know that the club would have to bring in decent strikers to survive up there.

So, just perhaps the named players know this, and promotion wouldnt be a worthy cause for them.

Please please, my own feelings and i bloody hope I'm nowhere near hitting the right note, just a thought!

:sofa:

The likes of Enoch, Jevons, Williams, and even Brooker, really would struggle the next league up.

Ok, their contracted, but WE ALL know that the club would have to bring in decent strikers to survive up there.

So, just perhaps the named players know this, and promotion wouldnt be a worthy cause for them.

Please please, my own feelings and i bloody hope I'm nowhere near hitting the right note, just a thought!

Lansdown said on saturday that the club are looking at strikers for next season should we go up. And he said that it doesnt matter whether its 1 or 5 strikers we need to bring in, he will do all he can to support GJ and keep us up there. In other words, saying none of the current strikers we have are good enough (the way i took it)

I agree with you 100% If they cant do it now the going has got tough then what hope is there when we are in the Championship?

We got to think oueselfs VERY lucky Forest are choking at this late stage. That's the only reason we are now in 2nd place.

Lansdown said on saturday that the club are looking at strikers for next season should we go up. And he said that it doesnt matter whether its 1 or 5 strikers we need to bring in, he will do all he can to support GJ and keep us up there. In other words, saying none of the current strikers we have are good enough (the way i took it)

See Giles, if that has been said, then what incentive have the named few to give 100%....?

None

I agree, both Jevons and Showunmi have played there but not very successfull. A fit and on form Brooker would be ok but the Brooker we've seen this season wouldn't be. I think we're fine with the GK's Basso and Weale (when he's fit), Defence looks good, Orr, Carey, McCombe and McAllister with Keogh, Wilson and Fontaine as cover, maybe 1 more defender who can play in a few positions. Midfield may need a few more players, natural winger(s) and a tough tackler would be nice! Up front is where we're going to need major improvements with at least 2 more strikers coming in. I think that at least 1 of Brooks, Jevo and Showunmi will leave before next year.

See Giles, if that has been said, then what incentive have the named few to give 100%....?

None

On the flip side, would that not give them the incentive to start playing out of their skin to prove to the fans, GJ and SL that they deserve to be playing for us in the championship next season?

I think that at least 1 of Brooks, Jevo and Showunmi will leave before next year.

They have got to start scoring goals now!! in the remainig games to prove us wrong. If they don't then i would like to see them on the 'striker scrap heap' in June.

Jevo and The Big Show not scoring is just not exceptible in my book.

I think many fans will agree with you. A fully fit and fireing Brooker would be a force in the Championship but as for the others........ :noexpression:

To be honest, RR, I don't think even Brooker is good enough for the next level. He has ALWAYS had a problem with his first touch and, for me, you can't be a top pro without it.

In the Championship, defence we have good cover.

Center midfield, Russell is out of contract. We start with Johnson, Noble, Artus and Skuse.

The left and right wing are non existant we need at least 2. Murray is 34 next season and we have not had a real left winger for ???.

Strikers......Brooker will do a job if fit, the rest will not do the job.

To summarise, we need wingers and strikers, and thats around 5-6 quality players.............get it done.

A fair comment Arny but surely the most important thing for them is that they have "promoted with Bristol City - 2007" on their CV. Theyve got the chance to try and prove themselves at a higher level, so they should be doing everything to ensure they get there.

Good point, perhaps S Lansdown comments about new strikers for the championship a little premature then

Arny

Presumably all of the strikers, together with the rest of the squad, will be on attractive bonuses to achieve promotion this season?

This financial incentive, together with the kudos attached to being a winner as well as the extended holiday they'll enjoy if they get automatic promotion, rather than go through the play-offs, surely mean that these guys will be trying all they can to get us across the finishing line?

Arny

Presumably all of the strikers, together with the rest of the squad, will be on attractive bonuses to achieve promotion this season?

This financial incentive, together with the kudos attached to being a winner as well as the extended holiday they'll enjoy if they get automatic promotion, rather than go through the play-offs, surely mean that these guys will be trying all they can to get us across the finishing line?

Very good point RH and one i overlooked.

Arny

Exactly right - so its even more frustrating when the 'strikers' can't score and get slated by the manager for not trying hard enough.

Begs the queston - 'what more do they need to get motivated?'

i believe there is an agreement in place with pospisil (sp?) whereby he will sign if we are promoted

you may also find that GJ has someone lined up who no one has heard of (ie, mccombe, mcalister, basso) though i do admit his attacking signings have been a little weak. brookers first touch is very troubling indeed.

i believe there is an agreement in place with pospisil (sp?) whereby he will sign if we are promoted

you may also find that GJ has someone lined up who no one has heard of (ie, mccombe, mcalister, basso) though i do admit his attacking signings have been a little weak. brookers first touch is very troubling indeed.

Where did you hear that to..certainly not the main City site

i didn't its just my suspicion - it makes sense really though doesn't it, its the only reason he didn't sign in january as league one was too low. also in the championship we'd be better able to pay his wages and with the wage rises the other squad members will get, it will mean theres less of a gap between him and them. its all pretty common sense i reckon

i didn't its just my suspicion - it makes sense really though doesn't it, its the only reason he didn't sign in january as league one was too low. also in the championship we'd be better able to pay his wages and with the wage rises the other squad members will get, it will mean theres less of a gap between him and them. its all pretty common sense i reckon

But i suppose we/me/you could say that about a hatfull of players.

Promotion will bring the better striker knocking on Citys door.

Getting there 1st is the problem

Exactly right - so its even more frustrating when the 'strikers' can't score and get slated by the manager for not trying hard enough.

Begs the queston - 'what more do they need to get motivated?'

I can't believe they haven't got the Captains' boot up their Arsenal. Basso, Orr, Carey, McCombe, Keogh, Johnson, Skuse must cringe every time they see Jevons or Showunmi lose another challenge or Betsy race 10 yards then turn back. Maybe there's not enough peer pressure - surely the players can see how much effort Carey is putting into challenges? Jevons and Showunmi look like they're playing netball by comparison.

I can't believe they haven't got the Captains' boot up their Arsenal. Basso, Orr, Carey, McCombe, Keogh, Johnson, Skuse must cringe every time they see Jevons or Showunmi lose another challenge or Betsy race 10 yards then turn back. Maybe there's not enough peer pressure - surely the players can see how much effort Carey is putting into challenges? Jevons and Showunmi look like they're playing netball by comparison.

That's cos most games they are - Jevons I believe would do quite well in a stronger team - he is a bit too intelligent for most of our lot but Enoch is just a donkey and was a bad signing IMO - first touch is dreadful !

That's cos most games they are - Jevons I believe would do quite well in a stronger team - he is a bit too intelligent for most of our lot but Enoch is just a donkey and was a bad signing IMO - first touch is dreadful !

Enoch - free transfer, has missed alot of games due to injuries, yet still managed to make double figures! good enough for me

Evening Paul, anxious like me i see.

Anyway, i think what you are saying is 100% spot on.

Surely GJ son must speak to his dad about our striking problems?

Surely GJ agrees with his son, that the guys just aint doing it?

Or is that taboo in the Johnson house?

I cant see it!!!!

And for all of us who have played football, you cant tell me the players don't have words with their performances? We always did, almost a bloody fight.......cant see GJ cant 100% cut all that from the changing room.

I also think its "healthy", when fellow team members can have a did at others performances.

It should inspire them to go out, have a cracker, and quietly wisper back..."shove that where the sun don't shine".

But does that happen?

You tell me

Evening Paul, anxious like me i see.

Anyway, i think what you are saying is 100% spot on.

Surely GJ son must speak to his dad about our striking problems?

Surely GJ agrees with his son, that the guys just aint doing it?

Or is that taboo in the Johnson house?

I cant see it!!!!

And for all of us who have played football, you cant tell me the players don't have words with their performances? We always did, almost a bloody fight.......cant see GJ cant 100% cut all that from the changing room.

I also think its "healthy", when fellow team members can have a did at others performances.

It should inspire them to go out, have a cracker, and quietly wisper back..."shove that where the sun don't shine".

But does that happen?

You tell me

Hi Arn - it was even worse for me yesterday as we met some pals who are Gills fans for a few pints before and after :argh:

They thought Showunmi was frightened to get his kit dirty, Betsy was useless and were amazed that Jevo scored three in his career let alone against them in the cup. Orr, Carey, Keogh and LJ came in for some well earned praise.

I think GJ did have a go at Enoch at half time as he did improve a little. You're right about being anxious - can't wait for Saturday!

Hi Arn - it was even worse for me yesterday as we met some pals who are Gills fans for a few pints before and after :argh:

They thought Showunmi was frightened to get his kit dirty, Betsy was useless and were amazed that Jevo scored three in his career let alone against them in the cup. Orr, Carey, Keogh and LJ came in for some well earned praise.

I think GJ did have a go at Enoch at half time as he did improve a little. You're right about being anxious - can't wait for Saturday!

Ditto mate...perhaps an extra 3 pints on top of the norm 4 will help........ :yahoo:

Archived