IGNORED

songs we sing at ashton gate,

ok, we all hate the sags. everyone knows that. but i was wondering why we sing so many songs about rovers when were not even playing them.

saturday is a big game and the atmosphere should be great but a lot of the songs will be about hating rovers. why don't we instead of singing 'we hate rovers', sing 'we hate yeovil' or 'stand up, if you hate yeovil'? surely if were going to influence anything from the stands, this would be a much better way if doing it.

who even cares about rovers if were not playing them?

like i said though, its just a thought

ok, we all hate the sags. everyone knows that. but i was wondering why we sing so many songs about rovers when were not even playing them.

saturday is a big game and the atmosphere should be great but a lot of the songs will be about hating rovers. why don't we instead of singing 'we hate rovers', sing 'we hate yeovil' or 'stand up, if you hate yeovil'? surely if were going to influence anything from the stands, this would be a much better way if doing it.

Think about what you are saying!!!!!

Man Utd still sing about leeds........... its just the way football works, you sing about your rivals.. end of

Think about what you are saying!!!!!

Man Utd still sing about leeds........... its just the way football works, you sing about your rivals.. end of

Are yeovil not our rivals aswell now? I mean, not only local rivals, but also promotion rivals. But, on the other hand. he does have a point

you sing about your rivals.. end of

Apparently Rovers don't sing about us.

At the height of the Damon Albarn / Noel Gallagher feud, when asked what the former thought about the latters music, the Blur frontman said he had 'no opinion' whatsoever; He neither liked it nor disliked it.

Gallagher later said it was the worst insult he'd ever had.

Or rather thatn anti-Rovers or anti-Yeovil songs.... how about singing pro-City songs only instead? I thought the whole point of chanting was to get behind your team and support/encourage them. I'm sure the boys would respond more to a "yeah they're behind us" thought than a "yeah, they're not behind the Rovers" thought!?!?

When we play the Gas, then all part of the fun is the banter between fans, and anti-Gas songs work, but i don't feel the same level of passion in the Yeovil rivalry though.

(still won't get me singing about promotion though... not just yet!!!)

I slightly agree United don't sing about leeds every 5 minutes but it seems we keep going on about the gas.

If and when we've won about 20 league championships and a couple of Big Cups then maybe we'll stop needing to refer to the Gas (not that I think we do THAT much at the moment). Having said that, Man U do still sing a lot of anti-Liverpool stuff and vice versa.

Don't see anything wrong with a few anti-Gas songs to be honest. While we're still in this sh1te league, one of our few "achievements" is being marginally better than the Gas (the JPT this year aside). Not really something to be proud of, but hey, you take what you can get I suppose.

Back to Gas fans though, as I said above, the amount of anti-City chants is ridiculous. I would guess about 70% of whatever they sing refers to us.

Guest mesa boogie
Rovers fans sing more about how much they hate City than they sing about how they like Rovers. They would prefer us to get relegated than them get promoted (majority!)

I really don't think so. We do sing about you red soap dodgers too much though.

I really don't think so. We do sing about you red soap dodgers too much though.

OI !!!!!, get that picture off you scumbag pikey, do you really think we will listen to any of your comments, coming on OUR forum, with a picture like that as an avatar???, you're bang out of order mate.

Just a thought I'm glad...

If (to be genourous) anything over 20% of the home attendance sing anything on Saturday - that'll do me.

Chances are that most will be too busy playing the Alan Hansen role on whether we should've gone Orr instead of Keogh to notice they're sat there like miserable pop idle judge bastards instead of City Fan (atics), but there we go.

i also agree. I don't give a shit about the gas. don't see the point in singing about them every 5 minutes,

There have been quite a few heated debates at the back of the Atyeo about this, with one bloke in particular getting irate when we are playing badly and the singing is about the gas - he shouts at the singers pointing out we should concentrate on supporting our team not singing about what the gas are doing or what we think of trollope. Got to say that as we haven't even been in the same division as them for god knows how long I can't see the point.

Archived