IGNORED

Andy Smith Thread

freezer

Must have been due to his lack of goals?

0/72 isn't the best record.

Still, look on the brightside, the law of averages says he must score soon.

Nice positive vibe there mate, well done.

Still apart from that it would be nice to know why the topic was removed.

If it was for 'lack of goals' perhaps other posts should be removed for 'lack of support'.

Must have been due to his lack of goals?

0/72 isn't the best record.

Still, look on the brightside, the law of averages says he must score soon.

Where'd you get 0/72 from?

Smith has started 11 league games in England, mostly on loan and spread out over 5 years, with around double that number of cameo sub appearances. He's never had a run in any English side.

The bloke's barely played 3x90 minutes for us and in the time he's been on the pitch he's looked more useful than any of our strikers. He'd be off the mark if Enoch had anything remotely like a football brain.

From what I've seen of him I believe he will score goals with reasonable regularity if he gets a run in the side because his movement is excellent and he has a little burst of pace - that's more than half the battle.

Smith has started 11 league games in England, mostly on loan and spread out over 5 years, with around double that number of cameo sub appearances. He's never had a run in any English side.

The bloke's barely played 3x90 minutes for us and in the time he's been on the pitch he's looked more useful than any of our strikers. He'd be off the mark if Enoch had anything remotely like a football brain.

From what I've seen of him I believe he will score goals with reasonable regularity if he gets a run in the side because his movement is excellent and he has a little burst of pace - that's more than half the battle.

I agree, Albino did well on Monday when he came on and he gets stuck in - I barely noticed Jevons all game and Enoch - win a bloody header for once!

Great post. :)

Smith has hardly been given a chance and look what players can do once given a real chance ala Savage at Brighton.

21 league and cup starts in England & 31 sub appearances, spread over 7 different clubs. He has never started more than 5 matches in one stint at any club and the most he played for any of those teams was 17 matches for Preston in over three years.

Plus if you factor in that 13 of his 51 career appearances in England came prior to a three year stint in NI where he is meant to have hit a hat-full of goals (I'd be interested to see the figures as I'm led to believe they are impressive). He also got a good few international call ups, which is nothing to be sniffed at.

He is clearly less raw than Baz Savage, who now looks pretty decent by all accounts, and due to this I think Smith could be important if given a chance over the next few matches.

Incidentally, I sent the Brighton web master an email stating I thought Baz might be a decent player given time and opportunities, just after Baz scored his first for them and had a feature on their World. He was kind enough to respond and he seemed utterly shocked we'd let go such a "determined, aggressive and not a little skilled" player! Look out for his recent highlights on youtube or The Championship and you'll see what he means.

Thats all well and good, but the Godfather III is still a crap film...

As far as i'm aware that has never been in dispute, but i didn't even find the original all that watchable, i turned off half way through. All my life, it's built up as this masterpiece of modern cinema, i was so disappointed. I set aside an entire afternoon for it, and it lets me down.

Personally, i think Smudger has been our most effective striker ever since we signed him, i would start him from now until the end the season-challenge him to earn a contract.

but i didn't even find the original all that watchable, i turned off half way through. All my life, it's built up as this masterpiece of modern cinema, i was so disappointed. I set aside an entire afternoon for it, and it lets me down.

This is sacrilege, pure and simple. Best film ever. Apart from maybe the second one.

That scene at the end with the christening, and all the murders interspersed as Michael renounces the devil etc was awesome.

Definitely worth reading the book, there's a fair bit that's missed out in the film, including the story about Luca Brazzi.

This is sacrilege, pure and simple. Best film ever. Apart from maybe the second one.

That scene at the end with the christening, and all the murders interspersed as Michael renounces the devil etc was awesome.

Definitely worth reading the book, there's a fair bit that's missed out in the film, including the story about Luca Brazzi.

Jesus christ it's based on a book? That's fairly ignorant of me. Are the sequels based on books?

Anyway, i've never watched through to the end, maybe i'll give it a second chance one day. Maybe. Although i don't like the sound of this christening scene-very objectionable about christenings, indoctrination and all.

Not only do you hit things bang on correct concerning BCFC but now you spread the light concerning the way.....

01:41 tommy doc

Jesus christ it's based on a book? That's fairly ignorant of me. Are the sequels based on books?

Anyway, i've never watched through to the end, maybe i'll give it a second chance one day. Maybe. Although i don't like the sound of this christening scene-very objectionable about christenings, indoctrination and all.

You gotta chill.

I think that may be my "fault" as I used the figure somewhere, based on his 56 League + Cup appearances in GB plus 18 non scoring games for Northern Ireland. I grant you very many of those were as a sub.

Plus if you factor in that 13 of his 51 career appearances in England came prior to a three year stint in NI where he is meant to have hit a hat-full of goals (I'd be interested to see the figures as I'm led to believe they are impressive). He also got a good few international call ups, which is nothing to be sniffed at.

Those figures are on the offical site under his profile, no idea of the standard of domestic Ulster football but he scored more than a goal a game (25 in 23) for Glentoran.

Certainly I'd start with him tomorrow, we have very few options (and none of those in form or with confidence) and his effort and work rate may always fashion something for others, even if he doesn't break his duck himself.

21 league and cup starts in England & 31 sub appearances, spread over 7 different clubs. He has never started more than 5 matches in one stint at any club and the most he played for any of those teams was 17 matches for Preston in over three years.

He is clearly less raw than Baz Savage, who now looks pretty decent by all accounts, and due to this I think Smith could be important if given a chance over the next few matches.

Incidentally, I sent the Brighton web master an email stating I thought Baz might be a decent player given time and opportunities, just after Baz scored his first for them and had a feature on their World. He was kind enough to respond and he seemed utterly shocked we'd let go such a "determined, aggressive and not a little skilled" player! Look out for his recent highlights on youtube or The Championship and you'll see what he means.

Smith scored 57 goals in 97 appearences for Glentoran. Id love to see him given a chance.

http://www.irishfa.com/squad-profiles/361/...-smith-forward/

Cant knock that comment Nibor.

Hopefully Johnson uses a little common sense and starts him

Saw Smith for the first time at Gillingham and was impressed. If he keeps up that level of effort and performance the goals will come.

"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in"

*Michael Corleone reflects on the League 1 automatic promotion race in Godfather Part III)*

The second film is half based on the book. There are two parts to the second film, one is the story of Vito Corleone, the other is the Cuban thing. The Vito Corleone part is in the book and because the book is in chronological order it's actually the first part. (The first film actually starts a third of the way through the book IIRC).

It is quite lengthy but it's worth it in the end. I don't know anyone that's watched it all the way through and disliked it.

You've got Di Niro going on.

In my eye's a gangster film can only be a gangster film if one does have Di Niro going on.

A bit like 1990 without Gascoigne or '66 without Hurst one can not take any self respecting gangster film seriously if it does not have a bit of De Niro, going on.

Di Nero & Smith is my suggestion for Yeovil. True.

Fkn Peski on late fkn doors to do the fkn business, fkn ballsucker. You want them whacked, fkn ballsucker? Peski'll whack 'em.

What Fothermucker? you think that's funny? what, I amuse you? some kinda clown? think I'm here to fkn amuse you? make you laugh?

'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin'kin 'kin 'kin

'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin

'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin

'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin

'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin

'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin

'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin

'kin

'kin 'kin 'kin'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin

'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin

'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin

'kin 'kin 'kin 'kin

Archived