IGNORED

If the worst happens

BS10 RED

IF the worst happens and we end up in the play-offs and lose them will people see this season as a bad season bearing in mind where we were when GJ took over.

I personally will be a bit disappointed because we would of came so close but also ill be optimistic about the future and knowing with a couple good signings ie. a striker we would walk this league no problem

IF the worst happens and we end up in the play-offs and lose them will people see this season as a bad season bearing in mind where we were when GJ took over.

I personally will be a bit disappointed because we would of came so close but also ill be optimistic about the future and knowing with a couple good signings ie. a striker we would walk this league no problem

The trouble with starting again in League 1 next year is there could be one or two more teams like s****horpe, colchester etc tobe more consistant. It gets harder for a club like BCFC as people want to beat us as we are suppose to be a bigger club, yet go to lesser grounds and don't get up for it as much!

Big disappointment is an understandment!!!!!

More like suicidal!

Guest ashtonyate

I would judge the season as one of many that we were let down by bad management had a bit of money been spent of a proper goal scorer we would have walked this league.Still we are still in a good position at the moment I just hope our luck hold out for a few more games.

Deja vu. How many times have i heard people say this. Its now or never as far as I'm concerned.

Ive been saying the same thing..for about 30 years :disapointed2se:

Yep i agree. Now or never. I will find it very hard to come back if we don't go up this year, especially with SL and CS raising the ticket prices. I think alot of people will feel the same way.

I think if we don't go up that the prices will stay the same as this year. Obviously, it goes without saying that they will go up if we get promoted. Either way, I'm definatly renewing my season ticket next season.

Nothing will stop me watching my beloved city!

Well if we don't go up then yes I will be disappointed but hey how can you be so down on your own club?

With the money we got from Cotterill then I wouldnt expect a price rise, I would expect a few more new faces at the club, perhaps even goodbyes to steve brooker and scott murray - well maybe not murray - I can see him playing on a season by season basis until his pace leaves him.

2 or more strikers are required because lets face it Shu and Jevo don't look like proper strikers - perhaps Jevo will come good next year but I still don't think Shu has got what it takes and I'm writing steve brooker off but would happily be pleasantly surprised if he can come back from what he's been thorugh in the last 12 months.

As to Gary J - I think he has done very well this season the "big I am" mentally still rears it's face now and again with lacklustre performances and the longer he stays the more it wil get through to the thick skulled players that slacking is not and never will be acceptable in GJ's team. Just maybe we'll get a start to the season that we're all expecting.

That's if we don't go up but I still think we have the manager and the players with mental fortitude to see us go up automatically this season.

Nerves will play a big part and who says that Forest can live with their nerves. If Yeovil or Blackpool closes the points gap this weekend - who says they will hold their nerves in wthier own minds they would seriously think they might make auto and guess what they may come to nerves. With 4,5 and 6 points clear with only 12 left for everyone to get then the sooner we get a win the easier we will settle our own nerves and the pressure subsides - assuming we win on staurday then 4 or 5 points clear with only 9 points the others can get - the pressure on the other two teams gets immense - any slip ups by them and a slip up is a draw and they find themselves potentially out of the running - say blackpool get a draw they only got 6 points to play for and City wild be still 4 5 or 7 points ahead of them.

Lets get the win and worry about next year once when we have finished the season.

We will have to prepare and get names in whichever division we are in.

if we don't get promotion (which we will) it would be no problem to me because I'm used to it, if we stay 2nd its in the bag but if we go into the play offs our season over and i always think there is next season.

9 years in this dam league only 1 more year wont hurt!!!!

ei ei o its up the football leage we go UP THE CITY

when you take 1 point out of 6 things are starting to fall apart

excuse me for possibly losing my temper but sod it!....

WEVE LOST 2 GAMES IN 9 FOR f### SAKE! WITH 5 WINS AND 2 DRAWS!!! HOW THE f### IS THAT A BAD RUN OF FORM?!

Get behind the f#####g team for a change! The last thing GJ and the players want is negativity with 4 games left in our position!

To go into a new season with one target man who is injury prone one player who has little experience Showumni and jevons knowing he was going to get rid of Stewart is poor management what ever way look at it Johnson has to be blamed for not bring in a player over this last season

The negative atmosphere at the gate is down to the fact most of the season we have played crap and the fans know deep down we may still not go up after our 18 match run when you take 1 point out of 6 things are starting to fall apart and most of us seen it coming months ago I may be a complete moron you sound like a half baked one

Given the vitriol you created when posting this I am almost loathe to say I agree with you - most of us do know we have not had any consistency and have played poorly more than we have played well - it is a very weak division this year - if we don't get out (which I hope we do) then GJ does carry the can

Given the vitriol you created when posting this I am almost loathe to say I agree with you - most of us do know we have not had any consistency and have played poorly more than we have played well - it is a very weak division this year - if we don't get out (which I hope we do) then GJ does carry the can

Quote - ''most of us do know we have not had any consistency and have played poorly more than we have played well''

Chelsea are the same!!, Is Jose a bad manager?, we are 2nd in the league and 4 points ahead for our nearest rivals......

Guest ashtonyate

If the rose coloured glasses lot were less positive i might be less negative

I could live with a winning trip to the new Wembley if it came down to it :winner_third_h4h: first second or third place will do so long as we go up.

Then again;If it has to be another nearly year :dunno: well I`ll still be here whatever the division we are in next season; seen us in all 4 divisions aint no big deal what will be will be as they say :fingerscrossed:

To go into a new season with one target man who is injury prone one player who has little experience Showumni and jevons knowing he was going to get rid of Stewart is poor management what ever way look at it Johnson has to be blamed for not bring in a player over this last season

The negative atmosphere at the gate is down to the fact most of the season we have played crap and the fans know deep down we may still not go up after our 18 match run when you take 1 point out of 6 things are starting to fall apart and most of us seen it coming months ago I may be a complete moron you sound like a half baked one

What magic tree is a striker going to have fallen off that was 1/ within our price range 2/guaranteed to score goals at this level, and 3/ going to be willing to join us?

When you look at the type of striker that probably could have scored the goals in this Division, Billy Sharp would have cost millions, players like Varney, Hawley along with virtually any other player in the top scorers list that have had good seasons havent exactly set the world alight in terms of goals and really wouldn't be value for money. There is nobody in the division below us that has really looked like a viable option that we could have signed.

Marcus Stewart has scored a whopping 7 goals for Yeovil this season so isnt exactly a massive loss to our goalscoring credentials. Likewise Michael Bridges who was let go has hardly played or scored at Hull this season.

Looking at Cotterill who we sold for a couple of Million as a striker, I would not want to sign a player like him for a couple of million because I think he would be massively overpriced for the quality that he brings. If that is what two million buys, I would hate to see what it would cost to bring in a striker who will guarantee 25goals at this level.

We may have played crap at times this season, but it is a million miles better than the crap that we had to sit through for one and a bit seasons under Tinnion, and the absolute mess that was left there before Johnson came to City, plus we are constantly improving.

At the start of the season I would have honestly taken Play-offs as a very good return, being where we are now, all I want is promotion. I think Johnson has done an excellent job to get us where we are, having spent less in transfer dealings than he has received and taking over a team at the bottom.

People will moan, complain, get angry, say they won't renew their season ticket.

Then everyone will turn up like usual for the opening game in August.

I'm not sure about that - a few of my mates who have been regulars for 20+ years have started drifting away and aren't regulars this season - due mainly to the smoking ban and the quality of the football. Judging by the empty spaces around me there are a lot like them. Getting to the champs might bring them back but if not I think our attendances will take a hit next season.

I found the last playoffs depressing, not only because we lost but because of the number of middle class muppets who decided they were city fans for a day.

The worst wont happen, we are going up, no question

Archived