IGNORED

Player Of The Season

MarcusX

Who would you say?

McCombe or Carey, rocks in defense?

Johnson, midfield maestro and very creative?

How about David Noble, hasnt played as much as some would like to have seen him but has been brilliant when he has played.

Basso is obviously a strong contender.

Bradley Orr has had good games in big matches.

Personally from the games ive seen id say Carey. Ive been to about 10 games this season and he's always had a good game.

Loumie McCarey

Well done Geo. Couldn't agree more.

Carey in particular was immense today. Lost count of the number of times he went for a 50:50 challenge and won. I was completely convinced he would win any challenge that he entered into.

Good passing display by the team. Sure, it went astray at times today but I thought we were much the better team and bar a few hairy moments we were in complete control.

Only disappointment was the Forest and Blackpool results when at one point it looked like both were going to slip up. Put a bit of a downer on the whole occasion, sadly, and quietened the atmosphere down once people had realised that both were up.

But.... 4 points ahead with 3 to play.... it's still in our own hands!

Well done Geo. Couldn't agree more.

Carey in particular was immense today. Lost count of the number of times he went for a 50:50 challenge and won. I was completely convinced he would win any challenge that he entered into.

Good passing display by the team. Sure, it went astray at times today but I thought we were much the better team and bar a few hairy moments we were in complete control.

Only disappointment was the Forest and Blackpool results when at one point it looked like both were going to slip up. Put a bit of a downer on the whole occasion, sadly, and quietened the atmosphere down once people had realised that both were up.

But.... 4 points ahead with 3 to play.... it's still in our own hands!

At this point there are three players in with a chance...Mc Combe/Carey/Basso....A three way award may be appropriate,,,,But It Aint Over Yet....Carlisle we are coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Admin

For me it's hard to split Basso, Carey and McCombe, all have been instrumental in attaining our current league position and also played well in the FA cup games.

The whole squad obviously have a good team spirit now and it's a real pleasure not to see this and other forums full of posts about players out on the lash, spewing in shop doorways etc, Gary Johnson has changed the atmosphere around the club, the image is now one of professionalism, ambition and commitment - at long last!!

Who actually votes for Player of the Year??? Is it just the supporters club, or can anyone send in their nominations?

I think its a straight fight between Carey, Basso, & McCombe now. I'd give it to Carey as he is playing out of his skin now.

Young Player of the year between Keogh, & Skuse with Keogh being the winner.

Five games ago, I would've said McCombe for an outstandingly consistant debut season but Carey's performances have just overtaken him in that period so Louis get's my vote

Carey by a country mile, them Mcombe and Johnson has come good when it matters!

We would be champions by now if it wasnt for Basso, although hats off to him for his performances of late.

Carey by a country mile, them Mcombe and Johnson has come good when it matters!

We would be champions by now if it wasnt for Basso, although hats off to him for his performances of late.

Basso has kept us in so many games this season when are you going to realise this?

Who actually votes for Player of the Year??? Is it just the supporters club, or can anyone send in their nominations?

I think its a straight fight between Carey, Basso, & McCombe now. I'd give it to Carey as he is playing out of his skin now.

Young Player of the year between Keogh, & Skuse with Keogh being the winner.

Voting is by members of the Supporters Club and Supporters Trust.

Voting is by members of the Supporters Club and Supporters Trust.

McCombe for me has been immense all season. Carey has rocketed into the reckoning with his performances of late, but Boom Boom has been consistent throughout, whereas Carey's disciplinary record has sometimes found him wanting.

Yesterday though, Carey had as good a game as i've seen for many years from a central defender. Absolutely phenomenal!

As for nominations, how do we vote? I'm a bronze member, but haven't had a ballot form or anything...?

Basso has been a consitent performer for us this season, sometimes its not the keeper you blame, its the players infront of him, so he's made a couple of mistakes, every keeper on the earth does, i do admit they have been costly at important times but we would not be where we are now without him.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BASSO!!

McCombe for me.

Carey has been so so awesome in the last couple of games though

Still I believe McAllister is our best player but based on how huge they have been to this season I would now go with:-

1. McCombe

2. Carey

3. McAllister

4. Basso

I'll go along with that, I would add Nobes too.

Archived