IGNORED

From A Yt Veiw.

Greener

Thought City looked a very good team today,all round,quicker to the ball,fitter and was up for it more than us.

IMO,LJ was the best player on the pitch,controlled the midfield,and it just HAD to be him to score!

Was a bit suprised by you'r performance,from hearing reports from a ST holder i know,he was'nt looking forward to today,saying that you've just been scraping results,and not playing to well,but there,GJ is a good manager and he got them up for this one.

I would think thats it for you now,the Promise Land is awaiting,good luck next season. :clapping:

Couple of questions,

Are the majority now seeing how good GJ really is?

Are the LJ haters starting to eat their words?

One final point: Love the idea of using the EE for a CRECHE on matchdays,very novel,does it cost much?

Couple of questions,

One final point: Love the idea of using the EE for a CRECHE on matchdays,very novel,does it cost much?

Greener,

don't think most City fans ever questioned GJ,it's just we have had so many heartbreaks lately that we are a bit sceptical.

On LJ,see my post about him. I am not the only one I can assure you.

The EE is a very immotive subject that I, and many, many others could bore you to death with for hours and hours so don't even go there.

Best wishes for the rest of the season.

"Greener,

1)don't think most City fans ever questioned GJ,it's just we have had so many heartbreaks lately that we are a bit sceptical.

2)The EE is a very immotive subject that I, and many, many others could bore you to death with for hours and hours so don't even go there."

1) Oh yes we did. Many of us wondered just what was going on during the clubs record run of 9 consequetive defeats shortly after Johnson took over and this forum was full threads both critising and supporting him.We now have a different attitude and can see that what happened was necessary at the time.

2)The EE is an immotive subject for some, I agree and that sometimes clouds the debate but it interesting to see the unbiased opinion on an away fan who has labeled the EE " a creche".Must have been full of youngsters yesterday.All I can say is that I've been there done that and if there was a T- shirt I'd have one.

Thought City looked a very good team today,all round,quicker to the ball,fitter and was up for it more than us.

IMO,LJ was the best player on the pitch,controlled the midfield,and it just HAD to be him to score!

Was a bit suprised by you'r performance,from hearing reports from a ST holder i know,he was'nt looking forward to today,saying that you've just been scraping results,and not playing to well,but there,GJ is a good manager and he got them up for this one.

I would think thats it for you now,the Promise Land is awaiting,good luck next season. :clapping:

Couple of questions,

agreed with most of your views but noble and orr were the two who shone today

Thanks and agree with that

As you said, thet team was very good and I though Carey just shaded LJ for MOM

If you'd been at Gillingham you'd wonder if it was even six of the same team

I wouldn't swap our position for anyones apart from Scunny but we're not quite there yet

Couple of questions,

Once we're promoted he'll be cheered to the rooftops.For GJ to acheive what he did with you, we'd need to be in The Premier League and you should just think about that and then you'll understand the job he took on when he came here.

Well, the main one is playing for you so you'd need to ask him and the other bloke who's with the Gas

It's the only way we can get 19,000 fans in and give you lot of ingrates 60% of your average home gate in tickets-undercover & seated-think about that as well.

"Greener,

2)The EE is an immotive subject for some, I agree and that sometimes clouds the debate but it interesting to see the unbiased opinion on an away fan who has labeled the EE " a creche".Must have been full of youngsters yesterday.All I can say is that I've been there done that and if there was a T- shirt I'd have one.

i hardly think the views of an away fan on the wind up are unbiased.

young people, at ashton gate? what ever next? :redcard: :redcard:

reason for edit- wanted to use the red card smiley

If you'd been at Gillingham you'd wonder if it was even six of the same team

I didn`t think the performance, over 90 minutes was that bad, in the end we were unlucky not to come away with a point.

PDG

"Greener,

1)don't think most City fans ever questioned GJ,it's just we have had so many heartbreaks lately that we are a bit sceptical.

2)The EE is a very immotive subject that I, and many, many others could bore you to death with for hours and hours so don't even go there."

1) Oh yes we did. Many of us wondered just what was going on during the clubs record run of 9 consequetive defeats shortly after Johnson took over and this forum was full threads both critising and supporting him.We now have a different attitude and can see that what happened was necessary at the time.

Oh hark at the old #### and sorry to dissapoint you Mr Chairman of the supporters club :disapointed2se: there were fathers and sons, teenagers and friends,mothers and daughters, adult men,adult women allsorts as there was in other parts of the ground; maybe he was refering to the fans for the future trail;

Maybe if you don't continue to snipe at everything to do with the E.E you may gain a bit of respect from some fans :nono:

"Greener,

You did, didn`t you. Like a dog with a chuffing bone.

I didn`t think the performance, over 90 minutes was that bad, in the end we were unlucky not to come away with a point.

PDG

You must be joking, Sir.

Until we went 3-2-5 in the last 10/15 minutes we were dreadful with at least four not at the races and one player backing out of tackles which is a real no, no with City fans.

You must be joking, Sir.

Until we went 3-2-5 in the last 10/15 minutes we were dreadful with at least four not at the races and one player backing out of tackles which is a real no, no with City fans.

City fans can put up with most things, but as you say, any player not willing to go into a tackle will soon be the number 1 target for the boo boys, and righty so.

Backing out of challanges...I can think of 3, LJ (never seen he even want to win a tackle,) Wilson (sometimes flies in with no fear other times doesn't want to know,) or Betsy, who will never and has never wanted to tackle.

Can someone clear this up. This is the main reason I am not a fan of Lee Johnson yes he has ability on the ball but he bottles EVERY single tackle, and slowly jogs back at his own pace with know desire to get the ball back.

NO HE DOES'NT! You obviously don't go to games.

I do rate LJ but you are wrong, he does bottle tackles regularly. And the in game against the Gills he pulled out of a few, on in particular that was shameful. But, he is a very good player in my opinion just tackling being his weakness.

i don't think LJ does bottle tackles, i think he is such an intelligent player, that he gambles wich way the ball will go after the tackle. and he always wants the ball always comes and shows feet when to our back line, or drifts out wide, always wants to be involved. he is a class act.

Can someone clear this up. This is the main reason I am not a fan of Lee Johnson yes he has ability on the ball but he bottles EVERY single tackle, and slowly jogs back at his own pace with know desire to get the ball back.

I do rate LJ but you are wrong, he does bottle tackles regularly. And the in game against the Gills he pulled out of a few, on in particular that was shameful. But, he is a very good player in my opinion just tackling being his weakness.

My response was to Puckle reds hysterical claim that LJ bottles EVERY challenge, he does'nt so I'm right.

My response was to Puckle reds hysterical claim that LJ bottles EVERY challenge, he does'nt so I'm right.

Whether you are right or not it is a fact that no player in a Bristol City shirt should bottle ANY tackle (unless someone has come flying through the air with both sets of studs showing). If they lose the tackle then fair enough but to pull out is not on. The expected requirement for any player who wears the red shirt is to give 100% - if they do that then the vast majority of us forgive them for their bad games. That said, Johnson Junior has shown good form for weeks now and has largely cut out the over elaborate passing which more often than not gifted the ball to the opposition earlier in the season. All three of the central midfield were outstanding on Saturday and long may it continue.

I do go to games, I have a season ticket, unfortunately due to a new job I have only been able to go to 7 of our away trips this season. But home games I haven't missed one.

I am still waiting to see Frodo win a tackle. I think he is alright on the ball, has a decent range of passing, but he has never and will never WANT to win tackles. Now I don't want to start a new Tommy Doherty thread. But I personally don't think Frodo comes anywhere close to Tommy as an all round player. Tom had great passing ability, won tackles, great quick feet, his only weakness was scoring goals in which Johnson will get you 5 or 6.

A fit Tommy with a fit Noble would be unbelievable. But back to the point, I think we need a better player alongside Noble if we are to go up next season, although Lil Johnson would be a decent squad player...long way to go yet though lets get promotion first!

I do go to games, I have a season ticket, unfortunately due to a new job I have only been able to go to 7 of our away trips this season. But home games I haven't missed one.

I am still waiting to see Frodo win a tackle. I think he is alright on the ball, has a decent range of passing, but he has never and will never WANT to win tackles. Now I don't want to start a new Tommy Doherty thread. But I personally don't think Frodo comes anywhere close to Tommy as an all round player. Tom had great passing ability, won tackles, great quick feet, his only weakness was scoring goals in which Johnson will get you 5 or 6.

A fit Tommy with a fit Noble would be unbelievable. But back to the point, I think we need a better player alongside Noble if we are to go up next season, although Lil Johnson would be a decent squad player...long way to go yet though lets get promotion first!

The worst post i have ever seen on this forum. Well done.

I believe you have your rose tinted spectacles on with regards to tommy, he is not fit to lace LJ's boots with regard to ability and professionalism. You are mistaken about Johnsons tenacity too, i have seen him run his socks off off numerous occassions for the team, and never skirk responsibility like a certain bearded ex player. Also, LJ's performances aren't dependant on hangovers!

You don't give Johnson the credit he deserves, i'm sure you have your reasons, but he has proved in all the big games this season that he has the ability to run the game (Boro, Cov, Oldham, Forest, Yeovil...). This will only be more apparent as we go up, and a few of our less skillful may struggle.

I agree with you with Noble, excellent player and adds us a dimension we sometimes lack. 4-4-1-1 may be the key to promotion...

The worst post i have ever seen on this forum. Well done.

I believe you have your rose tinted spectacles on with regards to tommy, he is not fit to lace LJ's boots with regard to ability and professionalism. You are mistaken about Johnsons tenacity too, i have seen him run his socks off off numerous occassions for the team, and never skirk responsibility like a certain bearded ex player. Also, LJ's performances aren't dependant on hangovers!

You don't give Johnson the credit he deserves, i'm sure you have your reasons, but he has proved in all the big games this season that he has the ability to run the game (Boro, Cov, Oldham, Forest, Yeovil...). This will only be more apparent as we go up, and a few of our less skillful may struggle.

I agree with you with Noble, excellent player and adds us a dimension we sometimes lack. 4-4-1-1 may be the key to promotion...

Funny that, thats the very same LJ i`ve been watching.........maybe he`s been watching City in an alternative universe.

PDG

Funny that, thats the very same LJ i`ve been watching.........maybe he`s been watching City in an alternative universe.

PDG

LJ reminds me of Tinman in a certain way. Got great passing ability, tried his hardest the whole time he was on the pitch, chipped in with a few great.important goals. Ok, Tinnion got stuck in a bit more than LJ, but tackling isnt LJ's strongest feature. Not to say he bottles tackles becaue he doesnt. Anyone else in agreement?

I don't really have a problem with LJ ducking out of the odd tackle - I'd rather him do that than risk getting injured and missing games. He ain't exactly a big guy is he, so he's probably more likely to get injured than others.

The thing I like about LJ is that he's always wanting the ball, trying to make things happen and doesn't hide when things maybe aren't going our way. I think that takes more balls than jumping into 50-50 challenges.

A fit Tommy with a fit Noble would be unbelievable.

No, a fit Tommy that would be unbelievable.

Lee Johnson gives 100% every time he steps on the field. He's still full of running after 90 minutes - Tommy rarely lasted 60. Lee Johnson might not have Tommy's tenacity in the tackle, but in order for your tackled to be effective you need to be still out there on the pitch, not rolling up in the dressing room or being first in the rush for the bar at the Tobacco Factory.

Archived