IGNORED

Going For The Win...

City Exile

Seen quite a few posts saying how a draw at Carlisle would be a good result. Of course in terms of form etc it would be.

However for me the maths is very easy. We need to win two. I would take, if I had to, hitting our last game kowing a win would certainly give promoton. Equally, the only logical assumption at this stage to make is one of Blackpool and Forest will win their next two games. Therefore, quite simply we must win one of Millwall or Carlisle. A draw at the latter therfeore is in my view pretty much as good as a defeat. We will still need to win the last two.

Other than confidence, why is a draw a good result? Surely the logical call at this stage is to go for the win?

Seen quite a few posts saying how a draw at Carlisle would be a good result. Of course in terms of form etc it would be.

However for me the maths is very easy. We need to win two. I would take, if I had to, hitting our last game kowing a win would certainly give promoton. Equally, the only logical assumption at this stage to make is one of Blackpool and Forest will win their next two games. Therefore, quite simply we must win one of Millwall or Carlisle. A draw at the latter therfeore is in my view pretty much as good as a defeat. We will still need to win the last two.

Other than confidence, why is a draw a good result? Surely the logical call at this stage is to go for the win?

Carlisle isnt the easiest of places to go to and win. Especially now with the form they are in at the moment. But we are high on confidence (surely) after the performance and win on saturday so hopefully we can nick the 3 points!

Spot on - Johnson said on Soccer night last week that he hopes we don't leave promotion to the last game of the season.He and the players will want to secure auto as soon as possible.Of course a draw at Carlilse would be a good result if both Forest and B'pool lose but thats unlikely imo.

If City can muster another top performance like the last one then we should have a good chance of nicking all three points.

I would take a point at Carlisle if it was offered now. That would still leave us 2 points clear assuming forest also win. its a bit of a shame our goal difference isnt another 10 better, but never mind. This season isnt getting any less tense as the games roll on is it?!

If we could go into the last game 1 point clear I would bite your hand off! If we go into our last game against Rotherham who are already relegated with an ex city player as manager, us needing a win to get promoted, in front of a full house, you cant ask for anymore than that surely?

Second thoughts, I would prefer it to be all over by Millwall!

Si.

I would take a point at Carlisle if it was offered now. That would still leave us 2 points clear assuming forest also win. its a bit of a shame our goal difference isnt another 10 better, but never mind. This season isnt getting any less tense as the games roll on is it?!

If we could go into the last game 1 point clear I would bite your hand off! If we go into our last game against Rotherham who are already relegated with an ex city player as manager, us needing a win to get promoted, in front of a full house, you cant ask for anymore than that surely?

Second thoughts, I would prefer it to be all over by Millwall!

Si.

I think/hope we will do it at Millwall

I think my point (no pun intended) is this.

A point at Carlisle is by no means a poor result. However, in the context of the table it is unlikely however to be relevant.

Should we draw, we will most likely be 2 points clear. If we lose we will most likely be one point clear. Both those positions require us to win at Millwall. The only result that makes a material difference is us winning.

Archived