IGNORED

Ashton Gate Stays Clean

freezer

Thank you Mr Lansdown for telling the 'Blue Few' that their money, club and fans are not required at Ashton Gate. A decision that most will wholeheartedly agree with I'm sure.

According to the superb and totally non-biased Bristol Evening Post :unsure: Bristol Rovers are to canvass their fans (well that shouldn't take too long then) as to whether they would prefer to play their 'Home' games at either Cheltenham Town or Swindon Town.

Question: Where Do You Want To See Rovers?

ONE TEAM IN BRISTOL

Rather typically with Rovers, isn't this whole thing being slanted the wrong way round? Have either Swindon or Cheltenham actually officially confirmed they want them?

It was reported originally (by the Evening Post, of course) that we were one of 4 options for them, when we had never agreed to them coming in the first place.

Basra would be my first choice but I expect it will be Cheltenham.

Far too much to concern ourselves about with our next three games to be all that bothered, but if they don't even make the play offs this year then at home to teams like Dagenham, Accrington, Rochdale or Macclesfield on a December night some 40+ miles from Bristol is going to make their recent "crowds" of 4600 seem like Old Trafford attendances, I'd have thought.

I wouldnt be surprised if noone would want them, not many clubs would want another club sharing with them unless the money is good.

They might not be able to move due to not finding a new temp home.

don't know why the don't just leave england all together, Newport Countys ground is only 29.5 miles away from central bristol.

Welcome to Newport Stadium. The Stadium, which is owned and managed by Newport City Council, has been upgraded to Nationwide Conference standard in recent years and has a crowd capacity of 4,300. The Stadium is part of the developing City of Newport International Sports Village which includes the Wales National Velodrome. The grandstand seats 1100 spectators and there is large covered terrace on the opposite side of the pitch and a small uncovered terrace behind the one goal

They would have to talk to newport council about it, the ground doesnt look that bad really. And 4,300 would be all they need.

i have to be honest what idiot in their right mind would completely shut there ground down to redevelope it? most people with a degree of intelegence would do it stand by stand, lets be honest they only ever get 4500 anyway, the only time they filled it recentley was against us and carry on the way were going we wont be entered in the paintpot cup again anyway.

why do it all in one go, and cause there supporters and the club all the hastle?( not that i mind!).

well done rovers very clever.

In all seriousness, I think they should move to Celtic Park, that way I could aim all my hatred to one precise area, failing that I think Newport should be an option, its a dump and full of Pikeys, would be a home from home really.

In all seriousness as I'm living in glasgow Celtic park or Partick thistles ground is not an option I'm afraid, Wales it will have to be then.

Thank you Mr Lansdown for telling the 'Blue Few' that their money, club and fans are not required at Ashton Gate. A decision that most will wholeheartedly agree with I'm sure.

According to the superb and totally non-biased Bristol Evening Post :unsure: Bristol Rovers are to canvass their fans (well that shouldn't take too long then) as to whether they would prefer to play their 'Home' games at either Cheltenham Town or Swindon Town.

ONE TEAM IN BRISTOL

post-745-1176907173.jpg

Just so they feel at home.

Guest ashtonyate

What a lot of small minded people we have on this forum I think having the gas at ashton is far better than letting the Rugby

scrum all over the ground the rugby may not play every week here but even a few times a year would do the ground no good at all. As well as you never know when we may need a ground if a part of Ashton got destroyed

ONE TEAM IN BRISTOL

[/quote

The Falklands. What a lovley gesture from the plucky family club with no money to change their name to Port Stanley Rovers on the 25th anniversary of the liberation of the islands as a whole!

What a lot of small minded people we have on this forum I think having the gas at ashton is far better than letting the Rugby

scrum all over the ground the rugby may not play every week here but even a few times a year would do the ground no good at all. As well as you never know when we may need a ground if a part of Ashton got destroyed

We have a love-hate relationship with the gas as the humorous nature of most of these posts shows. Let them groundshare and that becomes a hate-hate relationship as both sets of fans will resent the fact that the ground is shared.

Let in the rugby and we have tremendous leverage with the council when we need planning permission. It will represent better facilities for Bristol sport in general not just Bristol City football team.

We are having a specially formulated pitch laid.

And, is there a war about to happen, are we under threat? Ashton is about to be destroyed by German Bombers it's the blitz all over again, what are you talking about?

Guest ashtonyate
We are having a specially formulated pitch laid.

And, is there a war about to happen, are we under threat? Ashton is about to be destroyed by German Bombers it's the blitz all over again, what are you talking about?

Like a bad firer in the williams or Atyeo or Dolman

Like a bad firer in the williams or Atyeo or Dolman

Oh please.

You make a valid comment, then respond to a perfectly reasonable response with tripe like this.

Their are better reasons for us to see the sags move a long distance away than there are to accomodate them here, with money, council leverage (as mentioned), potential hassel and expansion of our place as the larger Bristol football team to take into account.

Plus reports on the very latest new multi-use pitches are very positive on the whole, and well get one of them if the Rugby move to the gate.

Rather typically with Rovers, isn't this whole thing being slanted the wrong way round? Have either Swindon or Cheltenham actually officially confirmed they want them?

It was reported originally (by the Evening Post, of course) that we were one of 4 options for them, when we had never agreed to them coming in the first place.

Basra would be my first choice but I expect it will be Cheltenham.

Far too much to concern ourselves about with our next three games to be all that bothered, but if they don't even make the play offs this year then at home to teams like Dagenham, Accrington, Rochdale or Macclesfield on a December night some 40+ miles from Bristol is going to make their recent "crowds" of 4600 seem like Old Trafford attendances, I'd have thought.

I feel your mention of Basra is totally uncalled for.

Presumably you were one of the fans that supported the Jamie Cooper fund? Perhaps you were not.

Perhaps you will think before you write in future.

In all seriousness, I think they should move to Celtic Park, that way I could aim all my hatred to one precise area, failing that I think Newport should be an option, its a dump and full of Pikeys, would be a home from home really.

Oi i live in Newport and we don't need any more PIKEY scum as we already have enough, they're called the Welsh.

I have found the perfect site for them. Unlike some of you hard core gas haters I have been considerate and found somewhere not only in England but in the West Country,

The Garrison Football Field, St Marys, Isles of Scilly

Had similar thought but not West Country nor England, but hey could have their own city/town... in Greenland, and I'm not hardcore or hater, just opinionated and OTIB believer :city:

http://www.randburg.com/gr/sisimiut.html

"Recreation: 2 gymnasiums, an outdoor swimming pool, a football pitch, ski-lift and ski-run."

:sofa:

Archived