IGNORED

Carlisle Pre-match Drink

Lincoln City

Received this from the local rugby club. If there's a large group of you, probably best to give them a ring and let them know you're coming..... :yawn:

We would like to invite your supporters who are travelling on your official supporters club bus or cars to our Rugby club, as recommended in The Football & Real Ale Guide 2006-07. We offer the chance to get a drink before the match, with at least 2 real ales, in a pleasant and friendly atmosphere and an opportunity to mix with fans of Carlisle United. There is a large screen TV and we are able to provide lunch with prior notice if you would like this.

The clubhouse will normally be open from 12 o'clock. If you are likely to arrive earlier could you please let us know the approximate time of your arrival in Carlisle so we can make sure the clubhouse is open. Could you also let us know if there are large numbers travelling to ensure adequate bar staff to give you prompt service.

Directions to the Rugby club are by exiting the M6 at junction 43 taking the Carlisle turn, continue straight ahead along Warwick road after approx 3/4 mile you will see Carlisle United football ground on the right and a short distance after the ground to the right is a turn into the Rugby club.

If you have any questions or problems please don't hesitate to contact Malcolm Claringbold or Maggie Bell (01228 521132)

Malcolm Claringbold

Maggie Bell

Carlisle Rugby Football Club

Warwick Road

Carlisle

01228 521300

Received this from the local rugby club. If there's a large group of you, probably best to give them a ring and let them know you're coming..... :yawn:

We would like to invite your supporters who are travelling on your official supporters club bus or cars to our Rugby club, as recommended in The Football & Real Ale Guide 2006-07. We offer the chance to get a drink before the match, with at least 2 real ales, in a pleasant and friendly atmosphere and an opportunity to mix with fans of Carlisle United. There is a large screen TV and we are able to provide lunch with prior notice if you would like this.

The clubhouse will normally be open from 12 o'clock. If you are likely to arrive earlier could you please let us know the approximate time of your arrival in Carlisle so we can make sure the clubhouse is open. Could you also let us know if there are large numbers travelling to ensure adequate bar staff to give you prompt service.

Directions to the Rugby club are by exiting the M6 at junction 43 taking the Carlisle turn, continue straight ahead along Warwick road after approx 3/4 mile you will see Carlisle United football ground on the right and a short distance after the ground to the right is a turn into the Rugby club.

If you have any questions or problems please don't hesitate to contact Malcolm Claringbold or Maggie Bell (01228 521132)

Malcolm Claringbold

Maggie Bell

Warwick Road

Carlisle

01228 521300

Where would we go from where the coaches frop off?

So are we sticking this down as where a few of us are going to be then?

This rugby club?

I obviously know fark all about Carlisle and directions to anything beyond getting to the ground at the moment.

Just concentrating on getting up to Manchester for a large friday night with my mate at moment then we'll deal with Carlisle saturday morning!

By the way doesn't it always rain up in the north anyway?

I took it for granted the weather will be schite.

So are we sticking this down as where a few of us are going to be then?

This rugby club?

I obviously know fark all about Carlisle and directions to anything beyond getting to the ground at the moment.

Just concentrating on getting up to Manchester for a large friday night with my mate at moment then we'll deal with Carlisle saturday morning!

By the way doesn't it always rain up in the north anyway?

I took it for granted the weather will be schite.

I shall definatly be there along with my mate. Sink as many down as possible within the short time we will have after getting dropped off by the coaches.

My mate and I are travelling down from Scotland to watch this game (He's a Carlisle fan). He recommends going to the pub nearest the ground (not sure if it is the Rugby Club or not) but apparently it always has a banner up welcoming away fans and the prices are cheap. However, i can see myself heading to the Rugby Club if thats not the place he's talking about to join the rest of the City fans.

Edit: It is the Beehive he is talking about. I hope to see a lot of you in there to celebrate 3 points after the game.

Guys,

We are travelling over from Belfast for the match so we will be heading to the Beehive pub for pre match supping! :innocent06:

If there are any fans staying in Carlisle that night, we have many hours to kill before are coach departs for belfast, 01.15am to be exact. If there any of you fancy meeting up for a drink or five after the game send me a message on here

:winner_third_h4h:

COME ON YOU REDS

Guys,

We are travelling over from Belfast for the match so we will be heading to the Beehive pub for pre match supping! :innocent06:

If there are any fans staying in Carlisle that night, we have many hours to kill before are coach departs for belfast, 01.15am to be exact. If there any of you fancy meeting up for a drink or five after the game send me a message on here

:winner_third_h4h:

COME ON YOU REDS

Bit confused here, I thought the Beehive was the pub we were supposed to avoid?!

Was going to head to the rugby club?

Bit confused here, I thought the Beehive was the pub we were supposed to avoid?!

Was going to head to the rugby club?

From what i've heard (from a Carlisle fan) the Beehive always welcomes away fans. So it should be more than fine to go there.

Well you lot have a good journey up,If you are staying the night before all the main pubs are on Botchergate on the way from the station but be aware there can be a bit of trouble at times but if your sensible and not wearing colours you should be alright.On the day avoid this area ,The Beehive is nearly opposite the ground and you will be fine in there but you may not get in due to being jammed pack with home fans,the rugby club is right next to BP and is the place most away fans go.If your in the CBS stand where I think most are unless you bring more than 1800,there is a bar open in the stand before kick off and at half time.

Malcolm Claringbold

Maggie Bell

Warwick Road

Carlisle

01228 521300

Enjoyed the pre-match beer in the rugby club. Thanks for the recommendation. Very friendly - good chat to the locals.

Enjoyed the pre-match beer in the rugby club. Thanks for the recommendation. Very friendly - good chat to the locals.
Ditto, And the rugby clubs stadium puts the memorial ground to shame.

Archived