IGNORED

Murray - Its Off

One Team

From BEP:

With transfer deadline day looming tomorrow, there have again been rumours linking former City winger Scott Murray with a loan move back from his current club Reading.

"We tried for Scott but Steve Coppell won't allow him to go out on loan," said City chairman Steve Lansdown.

Crystal Palace midfielder Tommy Black is another thought to be on the City shortlist.

One Team

We should have signed him when we had the chance. I thought he would turn into a very good City player. Didnt Pulis play him out of position, i remember a game at Brentford on New years day. I think he was played up front on his own.

On his day Tommy Black is a superb player who can take apart any defence below the Premiership, and indeed he has featured well against the likes of Liverpool and Leeds in the Cup last season. H can blow hot and cold though, and sometimes looks disinterested. It looks as if Dowie doesn't fancy him at Palace, and since they have Julian Gray and future England star "Danger Danger" Wayne Routledge as their wide players, his time at Selhurst Park may be limited. He has playe dup front at Palace with varying results, but only really to cover up what was a paper-thin squad a couple of years ago.

He did have a good loan spell at Ashton Gate, though, and would be well worth a go as a loan player till the end of the season. May also be willing to move permanently should we go up.

And apart from anything else, I want to chant his name to the tune of The Clash's "Tommy Gun" ....

"We tried for Scott but Steve Coppell won't allow him to go out on loan," said City chairman Steve Lansdown.

oh why did he let the bugger go in the first place ;)

should have saved money on 2 of the 3 players

we bought to replace him (which has failed) and gave scotty

a pay rise ;);)

oh why did he let the bugger go in the first place  ;)

should have saved money on 2 of the 3 players

we bought to replace him (which has failed) and gave scotty

a pay rise  ;)  ;)

out of interest, which players would you be meaning here ??

Shame about Murray, I have been looking at the highlights from last year and he looked quality. Yet again another Scotsman, brilliant :P !

out of interest, which players would you be meaning here ??

Shame about Murray, I have been looking at the highlights from last year and he looked quality. Yet again another Scotsman, brilliant  :P !

Don't worry. I am sure the comment refers to Wilkshire and Goodfellow (otherwise known as the Light-weight Twins); not Miller.

Certainly if I made the statement; it would be those two I was referring too.

Tommy Black would be superb. When he came to us on loan under Pulis he looked great out on the right. I have seen him a few times at Palace and get reports from my brother (Palace fan) about him. He posesses bags of skill, but can lack consistency from time to time. HE is being kept out of the Palace team by good players and would be worth getting on loan if poss. Could just provide that spark we are after.

The only problem with Tommy Black is his DISAPLINARY RECORD.He gets booked frequently and likes to mix it a bit.Must be in the name.

We already have someone who mixes it in midfield,can we afford the luxury of having two players possibly suspended for important upcoming games. :dunno:

for the record we did enquire about signing him on after the loan spell and Arsenal were happy to give him a free.,

but as I recall he wanted big money + long contract and also had a niggle show up on the medical we gave him, we had plenty of sicknotes on the books at the time and chose not to risk yet another one, as it turned out he has had a good record injury wise since so would have been worth a punt.

he would get a lot of goals at our level and was scoring for fun last season in Div 1

Archived