IGNORED

Good Bye League One

Guest DanC

Come Saturday we could be back in the Championship, Where at the very least we belong. After 8 very long hard years we are within touching distance of it. The next two games will both be like play off finals. One more win and were up against either Millwall or Rotherham who lets face it both got nothing but pride to play for. Full Credit must go to Gary Johnson for turning the whole club upside down in under two years. If he takes us up he will become a true Ashton Gate Legend.

Before he came here I had pretty much given up hope of ever getting out of this division but now with him in that hot seat I can sleep easy at night knowing anything is possible. Not sure how long he has to run on hiscontract, Another year possibly but all efforts should bemade to extend his contract at the end of the season to stop a bigger club from poaching him for peanuts.

So as we bid farewell to this league hopefully, There shall be a little tear in my eye that we will no longer be goingon our annual trips to Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Brentford, Port Vale, Tranmere, Blackpool and Oldham but on to bigger and better things we must go and I Cannot wait to be playing the likes of West Ham, Coventry, Southampton, Norwich, Leicester and Palace. :fingerscrossed:

It is going to be brilliant.

Come Saturday we could be back in the Championship, Where at the very least we belong. After 8 very long hard years we are within touching distance of it. The next two games will both be like play off finals. One more win and were up against either Millwall or Rotherham who lets face it both got nothing but pride to play for. Full Credit must go to Gary Johnson for turning the whole club upside down in under two years. If he takes us up he will become a true Ashton Gate Legend.

Before he came here I had pretty much given up hope of ever getting out of this division but now with him in that hot seat I can sleep easy at night knowing anything is possible. Not sure how long he has to run on hiscontract, Another year possibly but all efforts should bemade to extend his contract at the end of the season to stop a bigger club from poaching him for peanuts.

So as we bid farewell to this league hopefully, There shall be a little tear in my eye that we will no longer be goingon our annual trips to Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Brentford, Port Vale, Tranmere, Blackpool and Oldham but on to bigger and better things we must go and I Cannot wait to be playing the likes of West Ham, Coventry, Southampton, Norwich, Leicester and Palace. :fingerscrossed:

It is going to be brilliant.

I would imagine that quite alot of people will have tears come 5 o clock on saturday when we have clinched promotion. I know i certainly will!

I couldn't agree more with you DanC.

Personally, I hope we win Saturday so that at the Rotherham match there is a superb party atmosphere and we haven't gotta hope we win!!

As a previous poster has said - all the teams around the midlands will enable us to take more of an away following!

I'm now in such a predicament - do I quit Saturday footy to follow the reds week in week out!! :laugh:

Wow, what a post!!

If we do it on Saturday and confirm promotion, the celebrations, the atmosphere and the feeling of utter joy will make the last nine years seem totally worth it. I'm sure we've all felt like giving up at times after experiencing nothing but failure for years but we've stuck with it....

Every City fan thats remained with the club through the post Cardiff blues, and through the nine match losing streak last season - This is for us. It will be our day.

Going up.

I sat and soaked up all of the 2004 play off final. My family had left the ground as they could not watch me with a tear in my eye but I sat there in amongst a whole load of empyty seating just thinking "if and when we go go up, it will be amazing"

You have to experience the real real lows to have any clue what the good times mean.

Totally agree with many on here, i remeber being at Forest last season on a tuesday night with Kieth Millen in charge watching and wondering where we were going next after being at Swansea the saturday before witnessing THAT game.

This is for the 700 or so there still supporting the lads at the lowest ebb.

Of course its for everyine who supports Bristol City but I'm sure many will understand the sentiments.

Totally agree with many on here, i remeber being at Forest last season on a tuesday night with Kieth Millen in charge watching and wondering where we were going next after being at Swansea the saturday before witnessing THAT game.

This is for the 700 or so there still supporting the lads at the lowest ebb.

Of course its for everyine who supports Bristol City but I'm sure many will understand the sentiments.

Definitely.

Rotherham will be a sell out. But for everyone on here who has been through the past 3 or 4 seasons, I do hope you have all get your tickets as a Bling hug could be coming your way!

Not excluding anyone - to the newcomers - welcome!

Full Credit must go to Gary Johnson for turning the whole club upside down in under two years.

Surely it's a case getting things the right way up!

Provided we go up there are reasons to both look forward to and be worried about next season.

1. Meeting up again with "friend" Pulis.

2. Renewing acquaintance with former promotion rivals QPR, Cardiff, Sheff W and Plymuff.

3. Long trips to Colchester, Ipswich and Norwich. Yes City have won at those grounds, but not usually.

4. Wolves, West Brom & Brum. Only one of those 3 is going up, hard away games and we fans will have the West Mids Constab breating on us again.

5. Another trip to Scunny.

6. A trip to West Ham

and so the list goes on...... BRING 'EM ON!!!!! :city:

Come Saturday we could be back in the Championship, Where at the very least we belong.

I agree with the your post except the comment above. I don't want to sound negative or anything, especially on the eve of promotion at long long last, but to say we deserve to be in the Championship at the very least??

Lets have a reality check here, in all the years CIty have been around, we have mainly been in the 3rd teir of English football, whether we like it or not. Yes, we are one of the bigger clubs in this league, and have been for many years in terms of set-up and support, but the fact of the matter is we havent been good enough to get promotion from this pit of a league for years, and when we do get promotion its only been for a few seasons at most.

Lets look at when we were in the (old) first division, we did ok for a while and then plummeted down the leagues to the basement.

This is what happens following BCFC, years of waiting for good times, they happen but always all too briefly, and we are back where we started. I hope to God this times different.

BUT, I truly believe this time will be different, as we have a chairman that loves the club and has the resources to take this club on farther, we have a manager that is utterly professional, and expects the same from his players, and we have players that want to play and more importantly work for the right to wear the red of BCFC.

Whoever said hope springs eternal was a City fan. :whistle:

I couldn't agree more with you DanC.

Personally, I hope we win Saturday so that at the Rotherham match there is a superb party atmosphere and we haven't gotta hope we win!!

As a previous poster has said - all the teams around the midlands will enable us to take more of an away following!

I'm now in such a predicament - do I quit Saturday footy to follow the reds week in week out!! :laugh:

Quit saturday football and play sunday's like i did!

In fact, hit the link below and come join my lot... :whistle::city:

Definitely.

Rotherham will be a sell out. But for everyone on here who has been through the past 3 or 4 seasons, I do hope you have all get your tickets as a Bling hug could be coming your way!

3 or 4 seasons... after 40 plus seasons this one and the next one are just "another brick in the wall"

Definitely.

Past 3 or 4 seasons :noexpression: try 30 :colder:

Archived