IGNORED

Wilkshire Out!

TMWANG50

• Admin

Wilkshire was the only midfielder creating anything of note on Saturday before he was taken off in favour of bringing on a defender when chasing the game.

Wilkshire and Tins were the central midfield partnership at the start of our 11 match winning run.

Wilkshire & Tins were the central midfield partnership in our best away performance of the season when beating promotion rivals Brighton 4-1 on their own ground.

Roberts Wilkshire Tins Goodfellow - two central midfielders with vision supplemented by two wide-men with pace to exploit any tiredness in the Tranmere fullbacks.

The big question is whether Wilson will finally decided there is no place in his team for the failed right winger/central midfielder??

Goodfellow/Tinnion/Burnell/Roberts should be tonight's midfield if he wants to get a positive result!

Burnell's a defender and can never play in central midfield in a four-perhaps in a five, to protect the back three but he'll need good players around him.

Wilkshire was the only midfielder creating anything of note on Saturday before he was taken off in favour of bringing on a defender when chasing the game.

Wilkshire and Tins were the central midfield partnership at the start of our 11 match winning run.

Wilkshire & Tins were the central midfield partnership in our best away performance of the season when beating promotion rivals Brighton 4-1 on their own ground.

Roberts Wilkshire Tins Goodfellow - two central midfielders with vision supplemented by two wide-men with pace to exploit any tiredness in the Tranmere fullbacks.

You obviously haven't seen Wilkshire play more than 2 games??

According to Evil Post it looks like Goodfellow, Tinnion, Burnell and Wilkshire in midfield and Miller and Roberts up front.
######* hell expect the end of the world, a starting line up with Robbo & Miller up front, shock n awe, hellfire DW, are you feelin ok???? :dunno::dunno::D:D:D

Positive thinking at last. Maybe even Burnell can pass forwards tonight too. :wacko:

Feel more optimistic with the line up mentioned, but I have yet to see the teams listing yet!! :(

The big question is whether Wilson will finally decided there is no place in his team for the failed right winger/central midfielder??

Goodfellow/Tinnion/Burnell/Roberts should be tonight's midfield if he wants to get a positive result!

failed right winger maybe but surely not a failed central midfielder - Wilkshire has played some excellent football for us in the middle (and yes before you ask I have been to every home game and many away games so I have seen him play more than twice)!

Roberts on the right wing don't work either - his instinct is a strikers - go for goal not the cross! Hope it is Miller and Roberts up front tonight.

Agree Goodfellow should be given another start on the left - he is our only real replacement for Aaron, but will need a solid defender behind him on the left as this is surely not his strong point.

It would be a suprise if Goodfellow starts wide left.He doesn't do enough defending basically because he's lighweight.Wilson would worry too much about leaving the flank exposed.

At least when Brown was playing he had the physical power to defend when needed.

Totally agree Madger.

When LW switched inside (BHA ?) - It was the start of the run.

He is a true footballer, but unfortunately looks ordinary sometimes due to the fact of the lack quality around him.

Guest H Block Drum n' Bass

Wilshire is a good player on his day but id still quite weak. Tinns is getting on so someone needs to do some of his work for him. Doherty is good at breaking up play, short passes, tackling and getting near the ball fast.

So i predict Docs with Wilkshire/Tinns tonight.

Wilshire is a good player on his day but id still quite weak. Tinns is getting on so someone needs to do some of his work for him. Doherty is good at breaking up play, short passes, tackling and getting near the ball fast.

So i predict Docs with Wilkshire/Tinns tonight.

I'd agree but thought he was still injured? :dunno:

Guest bemmyred

Why does every one get paranoid about the need for midfielders/wide men to defend.

I cant remember Goodridge, Smudger and Gavin, as lightweight as Goodfellow, doing much defending. Their job was to supply the crosses and to good effect!! But then you start comparing Burnell to Shelton, that just shows the lack of quality we have.

I hate having to repeat that the blinkered clappies should look more closely at what Wilkshire tries to do, he at least looks for options and usually his failings are down to the lack of awareness of his supposed recievers.

One quality pass was played on Saturday, but Roberts reacted slowly to Wilkshires superb ball inside the defender and his shot was sliced wide.

Archived