IGNORED

Police Issue Millwall Statement

CodeRed

Looks like it was written by a yank.

I beg to differ redrocks, the hopelessly corrupt and toff/snob led Royalist Gestapo Police's statement was issued by a lackey of the German descended imposter Queen Elizabeth Windsor AKA Elizabeth Saxe-Coburg-Gotha. :smartass:

blairtakingliberties.jpg

Its called passing the buck all the OB wanna do is get you out of their area with as little fuss as possible and pass the responsibility onto another constabulary asap, they're not interested in where you've actually got to get to you just have to go where they send you!

Nearest underground is at least half an hour walk.

Gunnersbury or South Ealing I think.

Park up at Slough or somewhere and get the train in - if the old bill stick you on the trains after the game, at least you'll be going in the right direction !

There is an overland train station in Brentford, only a couple of streets away from where the ground is. Will get you on a local train into centre.

Seems to be the way of it (OB putting everybody on the train regardless of where they actually have to get to)

see this account of a QPR fans visit to Millwall - scroll dwn to section 6. 7. 8. if you don't want to read about the game - to find out about the treatment given out by the police to fans for their own safety ! Also the account does seem to bear out what our "Millwall Friend" on this thread has said in that 3 QPR (not thugs) were drinking quietly a pub near LB and were "spotted" and threatened by some Millwall ######s.

http://queensparkrangers.rivals.net/defaul...mp;stid=8392986

I'm also concerned as I'm driving (picking up mates en route) and was going to park on the outskirts of London and then tube into either Waterloo or maybe Borough tube station for a few beers (no colours on) and then tube to LB.

I don't really want to find myself on the train out of Paddington when my car's in Hammersmith or Hounslow. Presumably if that happens we'll have to get off at Slough and double back! Doesn't sound like there's going to be too much of a promotion party!

CodeRed

i've been to millwall three times at new den with city, including the game where we had our own private tube (qute enjoyed it.... especially the huge corridor they made for us at LB, with police holding back thousands of scared looking shoppers!). i've seen a lot of shocking policing at other places, but at millwall especially... I think the met are excellent at avoiding trouble. it IS a violent place, there is a REAL chance of getting hurt there more than anywhere else... but they know exactly how to stop it happening.

I live 20 mins away and have some millwall mates... and some of the worse stuff i've seen at non city games i've been to there was at a millwall peterbrough game, where innocent scarfers were attacked in and out of their cars because home fans didn't like the result. very small police presence that day!

also think comments on being forced onto trains when you've driven are a bit dramatic... I just said to a nearby copper "look mate, I live in clapham... can I get off at bakerstreet?" and he was fine. the bloke shouting "get me off this ###### train" wasn't so lucky, somehow. just speak to them reasonably, and 9 times out of 10 its fine. same thing happened at reading a few years back... and again, I got same result.

my recommendation: don't wear colours (or cover them), stay near police if you can, and don't go in random pubs nr ground with bristolian accents!

I live 20 mins away and have some millwall mates... and some of the worse stuff i've seen at non city games i've been to there was at a millwall peterbrough game, where innocent scarfers were attacked in and out of their cars because home fans didn't like the result. very small police presence that day!

Wow! With made up rubbish like that you could work for the Daily Mail or even the Met Police themselves!!

There is an overland train station in Brentford, only a couple of streets away from where the ground is. Will get you on a local train into centre.

Although - as a local - the Brentford loop trainline is a bit slow and infrequent. Trains stop at every station.

If you come in on the M3 instead you can get a much faster train straight into Waterloo from Twickenham (c. 25 mins) or Richmond (c. 20 mins) or even from Feltham or Staines if you go further out. Parking is a bit of a b#gger though in Twicks and Richmond.

Real, real shame I can't be there - I have a bit of a shindig I can't pull out of near Tottenham Court Road. So agonisingly I'll only be 4 or 5 miles away. I'll have to content myself with listening on BCFC World.

Right fellas.

The walkway is something that was built after the 2002 riot. It means that those coming by train don't have to walk to the ground along the main road. In other words, there's no way anyone can get at you.

We have renamed the walkway Cowards Way. :innocent06:

Whilst Saturday offers a potential for trouble I'd say the chances of those not wanting trouble encountering trouble is small. Our ground is the safest in the country, I have no doubt about that. There's no way anyone can get to you inside the ground.

Just use your head. Don't go giving it large outside the ground if you come by car/mini bus or whatever and don't try and plot up in a local pub.

I beg to differ redrocks, the hopelessly corrupt and toff/snob led Royalist Gestapo Police's statement was issued by a lackey of the German descended imposter Queen Elizabeth Windsor AKA Elizabeth Saxe-Coburg-Gotha. :smartass:

blairtakingliberties.jpg

But one who spells 'behaviour' without a 'u'. Probably some desk jockey with no idea of how to override his MS Office spellcheck in US English mode.

Speaking of which Gobbers, I think you would have appreciated the experience of sitting in a meeting like I was last week with the good people of Monster.com (USA). They mentioned that they had product available in "Anglican English". I thought that was a bit rich. Plus the fact Monster.com has a Monster UK site, a Monster Scotland site and a Monster Wales site. I decided to keep quiet in the meeting as I couldn't be arsed to explain it all once I opened my mouth.

Belated Happy St George's Day by the way.

:englandsmile4wf:

The statement includes this:

The Metropolitan Police Service, Avon and Somerset

Constabulary, Millwall Football Club and Bristol City Football

Club have all worked closely together to organise this match.

The MPS and its partners - Millwall Football Club and British

Transport Police - have planned a pan-London operation to

ensure that the minority cannot spoil the enjoyment of a vast

majority of football fans.

Fact is, the away end will only be half full, whereas another 2,000 City fans, the majority law-abiding, would love to go on Staurday, but cannot - so the last bit of that statement is incorrect.

So many words about Police, Football and Violence.

The sport itself is not a tough guy sport, its not boxing or rugby league, the players kick a ball around, they are not fighters. So why do some fans have to go on with this testosterone charged mayhem, like its some form of tribal warfare. Why do home and away fans have to be segregated, unheard of in most sports and countries.

In Australia in the recent Ashes series, the crowds were out in the sun drinking beer all day. The Barmy army and the Aussies were singing all day, but NOT SEGREGATED.

Ditto in Australia for major and regional Football, Rugby League and other sports attractions, crowds up to 100,00 with beer on sale, crowds NOT SEGREGATED.

Ditto in the USA, their major baseball, and American Football league competitions, do have special members enclosures, beer on sale, crowds NOT SEGREGATED.

These are just examples where sport, beer and fans get together without hysterical reaction to two teams playing sport. The Aussies in particular are not ones to back away from an arguement, and Americans may and do bear arms.

I think we need to look at ouselves and ask why is it so ?

As a footnote. If any Millwall or City fans do break the law and make things difficult for other fans, I would suggest the following.

The police and legal system should ensure the miscreants involved recieve the same justice meted out to Messr's Brooker, Orr and Partridge.

The message needs to be sent.

As a footnote. If any Millwall or City fans do break the law and make things difficult for other fans, I would suggest the following.

The police and legal system should ensure the miscreants involved recieve the same justice meted out to Messr's Brooker, Orr and Partridge.

The message needs to be sent.

Is that a tough guy message?

Likewise the Police and legal system should ensure that the toff/snob delinquents involved in the now illegal fox and stag hunting are brought to justice. However, as it's the same toffs and snobs that run the Police and court service, none have been brought to justice.

Don't let the toff/snob led Royalist Gestapo Police intimidate you at football matches. Don't become a victim of the most corrupt and class based criminal justice system in Western Europe. Click on the link below and read up on your rights as a football supporter..........

http://www.urban75.org/football/rights.html

Put your two fingers up to the lawyer Tony Blair and the hopelessly corrupt toff/snob led criminal justice system.

blairtakingliberties.jpg

The sport itself is not a tough guy sport, its not boxing or rugby league, the players kick a ball around, they are not fighters. So why do some fans have to go on with this testosterone charged mayhem, like its some form of tribal warfare. Why do home and away fans have to be segregated, unheard of in most sports and countries.

In Australia in the recent Ashes series, the crowds were out in the sun drinking beer all day. The Barmy army and the Aussies were singing all day, but NOT SEGREGATED.

Ditto in Australia for major and regional Football, Rugby League and other sports attractions, crowds up to 100,00 with beer on sale, crowds NOT SEGREGATED.

Ditto in the USA, their major baseball, and American Football league competitions, do have special members enclosures, beer on sale, crowds NOT SEGREGATED.

These are just examples where sport, beer and fans get together without hysterical reaction to two teams playing sport. The Aussies in particular are not ones to back away from an arguement, and Americans may and do bear arms.

I think we need to look at ouselves and ask why is it so ?

If you have to ask, you'll never know.

The sport itself is not a tough guy sport, its not boxing or rugby league, the players kick a ball around, they are not fighters.

In my opinion playing football IS a tough guy sport. I've, personally, picked up far worse injuries playing football than by playing rugby or boxing. Wrecked knee joints, broken toes, broken legs are all common place amongst footballers.

Just another point, American football does attract serious trouble between fans in the USA although it's not widely reported.

Archived