IGNORED

Tonsilitis

bristolborn_and_red

I came down with this on Saturday morning (lucky i didn't book for Carlisle) and it knocked me for six. I started taking penicillin yesterday but I'm still feeling like crap. Having never had this before, could someone tell me how long it lasts for?

After all, I don't want my train and match tickets for Millwall going to waste. ;)

If you need to sell the tickets, you can offer them to me first :yes:

You can take twice the dose of penicillin that they have prescribed you, (as in if it says take one tablet 4 times a day you can take 2 tablets 2 times a day and one tablet 2 times a day) all you have to do is make sure you take all the tablets not that you spread them out over "X" number of days, so even when you do start to feel better, make sure you finish taking ALL of them.

Usually after a few days of antibiotics you should be feeling better, like I said make sure you take all the tablets, and try and lay off the drink cos it has more of an effect on you when your taking antibiotics.

Oh and antibiotics can get you pregnant, but I'm pretty sure you don't have to worry about that. :innocent06:

You can take twice the dose of penicillin that they have prescribed you, (as in if it says take one tablet 4 times a day you can take 2 tablets 2 times a day and one tablet 2 times a day) all you have to do is make sure you take all the tablets not that you spread them out over "X" number of days, so even when you do start to feel better, make sure you finish taking ALL of them.

You should take the tablets at equal times,

So if you have to take 2 tablets 4 times a day, you should try and take the 2 every 6 hours, as it helps your body to absorb the correct dose,

and as Dolly say's, lay off of the booze whilst taking them, and eat a couple of yoghurt's a day, to help your immune system replace the good bacteria, that the penicillin kills, (that the draw back with drugs!!, like Harpic, they kill 99% of all known germs!!).

Drink plenty of fluids, and if fruit juice is your new poison, water it down a little, so you don't get congestion.

If your throat feels sore, then Haagan Daas is the cure for that!!.

Get Well Soon,

and remember, if you make it on Saturday, wrap up warm, and bring a sicknote to excuse you from singing!!.

:icecream:

I came down with this on Saturday morning (lucky i didn't book for Carlisle) and it knocked me for six. I started taking penicillin yesterday but I'm still feeling like crap. Having never had this before, could someone tell me how long it lasts for?

After all, I don't want my train and match tickets for Millwall going to waste. ;)

get well soon mate, but with your headline, i thought one of the players had gone down with it, :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets::gaah::pray:

Usually after a few days of antibiotics you should be feeling better, like I said make sure you take all the tablets, and try and lay off the drink cos it has more of an effect on you when your taking antibiotics.

Oh and antibiotics can get you pregnant, but I'm pretty sure you don't have to worry about that. :innocent06:

Blimey! Listen to nurse Dolly who it seems is advising you to abuse your medication......

The bottom line is that your symptoms will start to clear up after about 72 -96 hours of commencing the antibiotics but you must complete the course of penicillin or the infection will return.

Alcohol does not effect the systemic effect of penicillin if taken in moderation.

I had mine for 2 weeks before a Dr would see me, when they did I was told that it would clear up by itself :noexpression:

3 weeks later it did! My advice take the medication!

Oh and rest! don't do what i did and continue to play football and go gym! it doesnt help at all.

You need to ignore the ice cream thing, you need to eat toast and hard stuff to slough off any old tissue. Only use ice cream to make it feel better. No problem taking paracetamol and Ibuprofen for the pain. Very important to fininsh the course, don't stop wehn you feel better as the infection is nore likely to still be there.

Archived