IGNORED

To Everyone Who Goes To All City Away Games....

reddogkev

• Admin

It's bound to be all relative to what each person calls a decent salary, what your commitments are and how seriously you take supporting City in relation to your other expenditure.

Out of interest, what constitutes a decent Salary?

£15K +

£20K +

£30K +

£40K +

£50K +

more than £50K

I bet, if honestly answered, we get a range of replies.

• Admin
I'm sure you would get a range of replies !

But it doesn't really achieve anything other than being nosy and nothing to do with supporting City !

We are all equal in every respect when on the terraces - sorry, sat in the stands.

And we all find money for the games which we can attend - most of the time.

It is still, at this level, a working mans/womans pastime. Get to the premiership and it will all change.

Which is why I am happy for City to be a decent Championship side, maybe a season in the Premiership to get the parachute payments etc to set the club up, but that's as far as it goes for me.

Premiership = whole different set of supporters.

I'm not being nosey, I didn't ask what people earn, I asked what they'd consider a decent salary. We have many posts every season on ticket prices, food prices, beers prices etc. all stating it's too much money, folk can't afford it and so on. It was really a rhetorical question, as there will be many different salary ranges in our support base from the minimum wage to £100K +.

As you say, if you want to follow City, you'll find the money somehow, much as smokers do for their habit. Whatever you earn, (to a reasonable point) your outgoings will absorb a decent chunk of it, it's just how you allocate whats left over from the essentials and what your priorities are.

It's bound to be all relative to what each person calls a decent salary, what your commitments are and how seriously you take supporting City in relation to your other expenditure.

Out of interest, what constitutes a decent Salary?

£15K +

£20K +

£30K +

£40K +

£50K +

more than £50K

I bet, if honestly answered, we get a range of replies.

I think the national average is about £27k but that's not a very good measure because a small number of fat cats distort it. The median to the nearest k (the one the highest number of people earn) is more probably about £22-23k.

I earn a fair bit over the average but with a hefty mortgage, to go to every away game would mean stopping spending on something else significant even if I was able to justify the time.

At the moment I make 4 or 5 away games a season and carefully pick fixtures at or near places with some nightlife and get a B&B. Could do more if I drove up and back the same day with mates but I'd rather do less and make the most of them than watch the pennies and work can make it hard to get to Ashton Gate on time let alone Carlisle.

I'm sure you would get a range of replies !

But it doesn't really achieve anything other than being nosy and nothing to do with supporting City !

We are all equal in every respect when on the terraces - sorry, sat in the stands.

And we all find money for the games which we can attend - most of the time.

It is still, at this level, a working mans/womans pastime. Get to the premiership and it will all change.

Which is why I am happy for City to be a decent Championship side, maybe a season in the Premiership to get the parachute payments etc to set the club up, but that's as far as it goes for me.

Premiership = whole different set of supporters.

Was it before this or last season a supporter survey was presented at the official homepage? Can't remember the average sallary for supporters to teams in League One but I was suprised about how much it was. And you don't pay very much tax.. :whistle2:

• Admin
you find a business that can pay that sort of wage though. 50k ludicrous, i can take a trainer on for £84.50 a week. and get rid of them after 2 years if i want.

We're going way off topic here, but if you want a highly skilled job done, (or even one moderately skilled) it isn't going to be completed efficiently or correctly by a £84.50 PW trainee.

We're going way off topic here, but if you want a highly skilled job done, (or even one moderately skilled) it isn't going to be completed efficiently or correctly by a £84.50 PW trainee.

I see this has descended into yet another Lindleys thread. ;)

If I help you rob the bank, can we split the profits?

Seriously I don't know how they do it either, ive been saving up for months now so I have the money ready to pay for my season ticket. And now ive been to a fair few away games this season i'd love to be able to go to some new grounds next season. I think my credit card may be taking a bashing during next season.

Please could you think before you type, and put a , after seriously.could you also put a ' between the i and the ve of the word I've, as it would make it so much easier to understand what you are trying to say.

Seriously, you had a bit of a go at my typing skills recently which i took to heart " not" .But can i say, i was typing after about 10 pints of stella so in all fairness i am just glad you understood what i was trying to say!

Shame you can't make it to millwall, I will introduce myself at rotherham if you are in the atyeo stand.

Don't get a girlfriend (unless she loves footy).....save the money to spend on City.

No no thats a nightmare!! I'd rather have a missus who can't stand football.

Whilst still young-ish its not top of my list to settle down with a bird. Even when I do get a little older and that daft question comes out "its me or the football who goes" theres only one answer :coat:

Please could you think before you type, and put a , after seriously.could you also put a ' between the i and the ve of the word I've, as it would make it so much easier to understand what you are trying to say.

Seriously, you had a bit of a go at my typing skills recently which i took to heart " not" .But can i say, i was typing after about 10 pints of stella so in all fairness i am just glad you understood what i was trying to say!

Shame you can't make it to millwall, I will introduce myself at rotherham if you are in the atyeo stand.

Don't worry mate, she has always been abit stroppy!

Please could you think before you type, and put a comma after seriously?.

Could you also put an apostrophe between the "I" and the "ve" of the word "I've"? It would make it so much easier to understand what you are trying to say.

Seriously, you had a bit of a go at my typing skills recently which I took to heart, " not". But can I say, I was typing after about 10 pints of Stella? So in all fairness I am just glad you understood what I was trying to say!

Shame you can't make it to Millwall. I will introduce myself at Rotherham, if you are in the Atyeo stand.

There, that's better.

I reduce costs by traveling there and back on the day, driving, can`t stand coaches and trains ! There is the extra mileage on the car, but.......we`re City supporters who love our club and, within reason, we`ll push the boat out where possible and if neccessary, tighten the belts. I don`t go to all away games, but i`ve made just over half. That`s more than the last few seasons, but post-christmas has given a few matches that you darn`t miss. I missed the league match at Forest but was one of the couple of hundred ( and my daughter) who went for the piss-pot trophy. I also went to S****horpe on a very chilly night when i could have stayed at home and watched it on the telly, but, IT`S NOT THE SAME. I`ll not be at Millwall, but i`ll pay the extra to watch the screening, and in anticipation of some post match celebrations we`re going down from Glos on the train.

I guess it`s all down to personal circumstances, an understanding partner and to a certain extent to the individuals priorities. The important thing is that many City supporters do travel to away games and the support given is 99.9% fantastic. To all those in the capital this weekend, take care i hope it`s a great w/e for you all, and here`s hoping there`s some different scenery at the away matches next season.

PDG

Archived