IGNORED

To Everyone Who Goes To All City Away Games....

reddogkev

It is very impressive the vast amount of travelling fans that go to city away games, and the number of people on here sharing banter about their observations going to the away matches, but my question is how on earth do you all afford it every other week?

I earn a decent enough salary(ish) and go to every home game, but I would be stone broke and living off pot noodle if I went to each away game on top of this! So how the hell is everyone else affording this???

Next season, the temptation to watch every single match is going to be so great, I think I'm just going to rob a damn bank!

It is very impressive the vast amount of travelling fans that go to city away games, and the number of people on here sharing banter about their observations going to the away matches, but my question is how on earth do you all afford it every other week?

I earn a decent enough salary(ish) and go to every home game, but I would be stone broke and living off pot noodle if I went to each away game on top of this! So how the hell is everyone else affording this???

Next season, the temptation to watch every single match is going to be so great, I think I'm just going to rob a damn bank!

Have my keys it saves you breaking and entering :ph34r:

If I help you rob the bank, can we split the profits?

Seriously I don't know how they do it either, ive been saving up for months now so I have the money ready to pay for my season ticket. And now ive been to a fair few away games this season i'd love to be able to go to some new grounds next season. I think my credit card may be taking a bashing during next season.

If I help you rob the bank, can we split the profits?

Seriously I don't know how they do it either, ive been saving up for months now so I have the money ready to pay for my season ticket. And now ive been to a fair few away games this season i'd love to be able to go to some new grounds next season. I think my credit card may be taking a bashing during next season.

i drive and take 3 mates charge them enough for petrol so all i have to worry about is my ticket

seems to work 4 us

My dad still buys both of our season tickets which is great for me. Surprising though as I'm 28 now but I'm not going to turn down the offer, it's a kind of tradition now.

He also drives to the away games we go to, just have to chip in with a ticket for him here and there and the first round at the pub, easy!

My dad still buys both of our season tickets which is great for me. Surprising though as I'm 28 now but I'm not going to turn down the offer, it's a kind of tradition now.

He also drives to the away games we go to, just have to chip in with a ticket for him here and there and the first round at the pub, easy!

Is he looking to adopt another son at all ?

Even if you have shared petrol costs its not just the ticket price. Its all the extra's that go with it. Beer and food money, maybe a programme.Most away games will cost around £50-£70 all in depending on distances - and assuming that you don't get too p1ssed.

As ST holder home games cost me around £22.

For me, it's all about two things. I buy student tickets where ever I can and the other golden rule is to find enough of you to go up in one car and split the costs equally or, even better, get a mate with a company car who's happy to drive! :ph34r:

It depends what you call a decent salary.

I would guess that most people don't do all of the away games and those that do make sacrifices in other areas of their life with smoking and drinking being a couple of obvious ones.

I've been fortunate in getting good jobs and being in the right place at the the right time.In fairness that's been coupled with sacrifice and a tone of hard work to give me enough disposable income to fully enjoy........don't know if that's the right word for a fans expereince at times, games both home and away although, if we're promoted and prices go up, I'll still take a look at the ticket prices and wince a bit.

How fans with average jobs afford to support some of the Prem Clubs-especially those with extended Euro seasons, I'll never know and that'll take soem thinking about if we do a Watford and bounce up to The Prem.

Sore point actually. I have just worked out that the current eight season promotion campaign has cost 40,000 plus miles in petrol(even a home game is 320 mile round trip). £4000 plus in entrance fees not to mention all the extra bits. No I don't know how we do it either.

To paraphrase the ad' ..........to see City promoted.....priceless'

:city: Following City is our pashion and is also our biggest expenditure.

More than the morgage,more than holidays,more than food,more than ANYTHING. :help:

but on days like saturday it was worth it.

£18 a ticket

£50 train fare

£120 hotel

seeing 1300 Shitheads partying in the stands of brunton park PRICELESS

For everything else there is mastercard. :englandsmile4wf::winner_third_h4h::city: :Believe: :goingup:

I'm quite fortunate in that I have a rediculously blasee attitude towards money, things somehow always seem to work themselves out.

Current circumstance and convenience is more the hindrance than finance.

As others have mentioned though, this season I was at Bournemouth, Oldham and Doncaster and I just can't put a price on things like that. I can take that knowledge to the grave whereas the potential £150 (?) to have been saved would be of little significance.

It is a lot of money if you add it up (I try to not think about it) and I usually take my daughter. Coming to Ashton costs the most for me, I usually make a weekend of it so have the hotel as well. I sort of prefer the 'away' games although it's always nice to come 'home'. BUT ... that reminds me, i go to all these away games and I don't think I'll get a ticket for Rotherham :((

but on days like saturday it was worth it.

£18 a ticket

£50 train fare

£120 hotel

seeing 1300 Shitheads partying in the stands of brunton park PRICELESS

For everything else there is mastercard. :englandsmile4wf::winner_third_h4h::city: :Believe: :goingup:

Going to Bristol is like an away game for me.. Don't pay more than £18 for B&B in Bristol. We usually spend about £70 per day in average and that includes football, Ryanair d/r, rental car, petrol, B&B, eating & beer etc.

Archived