IGNORED

City V Chelsea

Clevedon Red

Classic footage.

I remember a great day out that day. When we left the east end, walking past the open end (where Chelsea were kept behind) was hairy to put it mildly. All sorts of missiles lobbed down at us in the car park. The memory that always sticks though was the big cockney meathead, who having run out of coins and lighters to chuck, started trying to chew through the floodlight mains cable - some sort of plan to electrocute the home fans that he hadn't really thought through...

I love it, I was there stood in the east end. Its when you look back at these clips you realise how good we were. Dave Smith (no 10 to you youngsters) looks awesome. I would have been 12 then I think.

Looks like Sinclair in goal

Llewellyn at RB

Bailey at LB

Newman at CB

Rennie at CM

Shelton at CM

Gavin at RW

Smith at LW

Taylor at CF

Turner at CF

who was the other centre back? Humphries?

Si.

I remember a great day out that day. When we left the east end, walking past the open end (where Chelsea were kept behind) was hairy to put it mildly. All sorts of missiles lobbed down at us in the car park. The memory that always sticks though was the big cockney meathead, who having run out of coins and lighters to chuck, started trying to chew through the floodlight mains cable - some sort of plan to electrocute the home fans that he hadn't really thought through...

oh yes! walking out past the Chelsea going mental above us on the old away end fencing.

I was happily waving a sharing the odd friendly greeting when I realised that standing 6' 3" meant I was taller than most around me, and that the funny clinking clanking sound of coins raining in at me against the metal hirerite shed wall was getting that bit louder, If I'd stopped to pick up the shrapnel I could have got a few drinks in...ahh well..

Robbie Carnage and Super Bob, what memories

I love it, I was there stood in the east end. Its when you look back at these clips you realise how good we were. Dave Smith (no 10 to you youngsters) looks awesome. I would have been 12 then I think.

Looks like Sinclair in goal

Llewellyn at RB

Bailey at LB

Newman at CB

Rennie at CM

Shelton at CM

Gavin at RW

Smith at LW

Taylor at CF

Turner at CF

who was the other centre back? Humphries?

Si.

Yes Psycho was at RB.

There was a great clip of him on the BBC west news that night, when the first goal goes in he went loopy!

Archived