IGNORED

So Two Big Football Matches Can

Completely different mindset for the egg chasers i`m afraid. If you`ve been around the gate this week you`ll notice the the mobile bar set up outside the Williams. Unfortunately it seems that we will have to wait a long long time before footie are given anything like the licence to enjoy themselves that rugger fans are.

PDG

About 1963ish City (then in Div 3) were home in the league, gas (then in Div 2) were home in the FA Cup at easyville and the All Blacks were playing at the Mem. All 3 games kicked off at 3.00pm that Saturday, the bus service (as there weren't so many private cars then) and the Police coped. The biggest crowd of the day was at AG. :city:

About 1963ish City (then in Div 3) were home in the league, gas (then in Div 2) were home in the FA Cup at easyville and the All Blacks were playing at the Mem. All 3 games kicked off at 3.00pm that Saturday, the bus service (as there weren't so many private cars then) and the Police coped. The biggest crowd of the day was at AG. :city:

You would also have to take into account the opposition at the respective games.

After all a game with you lot playing Milwall and us playing Swindon in Bristol on the same weekend would be challenging to police in any circumstances.

Or even worse Swansea and Cardiff playing in Bristol at the same time......

You would also have to take into account the opposition at the respective games.

After all a game with you lot playing Milwall and us playing Swindon in Bristol on the same weekend would be challenging to police in any circumstances.

Or even worse Swansea and Cardiff playing in Bristol at the same time......

Doesn't it depend more on whether the increasingly notorious "Gas Youth" decide to rampage the local pub and throw every missile available in the direction of women and children enjoying a quiet drink in the beer garden? Family Club? My ar$eh0le are you. You're no better or worse than any other club with a hooligan element. I suppose we better take a look in the Evening Post on Monday and see how well they hide this latest misdemeanour from your supporters. They'll probably include a tiny paragraph in the obituaries section whilst the Editorial comment says something along the lines of "These Rovers fans really know how to have a good time"!!

Doesn't it depend more on whether the increasingly notorious "Gas Youth" decide to rampage the local pub and throw every missile available in the direction of women and children enjoying a quiet drink in the beer garden? Family Club? My ar$eh0le are you. You're no better or worse than any other club with a hooligan element. I suppose we better take a look in the Evening Post on Monday and see how well they hide this latest misdemeanour from your supporters. They'll probably include a tiny paragraph in the obituaries section whilst the Editorial comment says something along the lines of "These Rovers fans really know how to have a good time"!!

I'll freely admit that we have a group of kids that call themselves the GHS and like to act the big man when they have superior numbers.

However they are just kids and not a proper, I guess you'd call it, firm.

I think the older guys who were into that bollox have moved away from it. However if I'm honest I have no clue because it not something I am interested in enough to find out.

Anyone who uses footie as an excuse to intimidate innocent bystanders and smaller groups of fans are pond life in my opinion.

w@nkers the lot of em.

Archived